News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The 2020 Song A Day Thread

Started by TheNorm, January 17, 2020, 11:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rigg44

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

September 21, 2020

"Do you remember the 21st night of September?
Love was changin' the minds of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away..."

Earth, Wind & Fire - September
https://youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Rigg44

Quote from: TheNorm on September 21, 2020, 07:37:16 PM
September 21, 2020

"Do you remember the 21st night of September?
Love was changin' the minds of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away..."

Earth, Wind & Fire - September
https://youtu.be/Gs069dndIYk

Great song

Rigg44

TheNorm

September 23, 2020

Breonna Taylor deserves justice.

N.W.A. - F*ck tha Police

https://youtu.be/ADdpLv3RDhA

Crewe

You know why this is here.
This album was really good, especially coming out of the gates with Hagar's first post Roth album.
Some good work on this record but I think the title track is a good song with an amazing guitar solo, and that's saying soemthing when talking EVH.
I also believe this tune showcases Alex's talents on the drums as well.

TheNorm

November 3, 2020

Feelin' it today. Let's go. 8645.

Prophets of Rage - Unfuck the World

https://youtu.be/6ad4MH7fMLs

TheNorm

November 18 2020

Over 25 years later and this theme still slaps.

The Immortals - Techno Syndrome (Mortal Kombat)

https://youtu.be/EAwWPadFsOA

Rigg44

TheNorm

November 19, 2020

I miss David Bowie.

David Bowie - Rebel Rebel

https://youtu.be/Wb3bfsuttdk

TheNorm

November 26, 2020

It's time...not ashamed one bit to admit this is probably my favorite Christmas song.

https://youtu.be/aAkMkVFwAoo

TheNorm

November 30, 2020

This song is catchy AF and these boys aren't bad. K-pop is alright.

BTS - Dynamite

https://youtu.be/J8fQMq4T8Yg

Crewe

This one is still in my head because of my Thanksgiving watch of Planes Trains and Automobiles