News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Guess the Year

Started by BojackHorsefella, January 23, 2019, 04:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

These are the leading WRs for each team in a certain year of the NFL. I have organized them into their divisions as they were, and all team locations are accurate for the time. Simply guess the year.

R. Moss – MIN

Charles Rogers – DET

Marty Booker - CHI

Javon Walker – GB

Torry Holt – STL

Darrell Jackson – SEA

Anquan Boldin – ARI

Terrell Owens – SF

Derrick Mason – TEN

Marvin Harrison – IND

Andre Johnson – HOU

Troy Edwards – JAX

Hines Ward – PIT

Chad Johnson – CIN

Andre Davis – CLE

Marcus Robinson – BAL

Santana Moss – NYJ

Chris Chambers – MIA

Bobby Shaw – BUF

David Givens – NE

Keenan McCardell – TB

Joe Horn – NO

Brian Finneran – ATL

Steve Smith – CAR

Eddie Kennison – KC

David Boston – SD

Rod Smith – DEN

Jerry Rice – OAK

Laveraneus Coles – WAS

Freddie Mitchell – PHI

Terry Glenn – DAL

Ike Hilliard – NYG

Crewe

Im going to say 03 because of Parcells and Glenn coming to Dallas and Andre Johnson's first year with Houston.
Only thing I question is Rice, thought he was with Seattle in 03? Maybe? Not sure, but lets say 03

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 23, 2019, 07:45:57 PM
Im going to say 03 because of Parcells and Glenn coming to Dallas and Andre Johnson's first year with Houston.
Only thing I question is Rice, thought he was with Seattle in 03? Maybe? Not sure, but lets say 03
very good guess
Rice was with Oakland from about 2001 to 2003 or 04. hmmmm... Gonna agree with Crewe

Rigg44

Well Laveraneus Coles makes it either 03 or 04 so I will go with the group and say 03

BojackHorsefella

Alright, we seem to have arrived at a consensus, so, I'll go ahead and reveal that:

You are all correct! This was actually Jerry Rice's final year on Oakland, he'd go to Seattle the following season. Good job!

I've got a few others I've done at work that I can probably pull from. There's a cool baseball one I may do that a co-worker found on Reddit, that's just all the starting players at a certain position for a given year and you have to guess the year. Baseball being what it is, with call-ups and trades and all that, it's a bit more difficult than these NFL ones I've done.

Still, though, it's a fun time killer. Maybe I'll do a random one on Mondays or something, who knows.

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

It's also fun just to see some player names every now and again. Like this one. Chris Chambers! Remember Chris Chambers? Good times!

TheNorm

Good lord, Charles Rogers.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Ready for another? How about some quarterbacks!

Divisions (and team locations) accurate to the year this took place:

Dan Marino – MIA

Jim Kelly – BUF

Browning Nagle – NYJ

Jeff George – IND

Hugh Millen - NE

Troy Aikman – DAL

Mark Rypien – WAS

Randall Cunningham – PHI

Chris Chandler – PHX

Jeff Hostetler - NYG

Steve Young – SF

Jim Everett – LAR (NFC)

Bobby Hebert – NO

Chris Miller - ATL

Stan Humphries – SD

Dave Krieg – KC

John Elway – DEN

Jay Schroeder – LAR (AFC)

Stan Gelbaugh - SEA

Brett Favre – GB

Vinny Testaverde – TB

Jim Harbaugh – CHI

Rich Gannon – MIN

Rodney Peete - DET

Warren Moon – HOU

Neil O'Donnell – PIT

Mike Tomczak – CLE

Boomer Esiason - CIN

Crewe

My initial thought, looking at the NFC East and West, was between 92 and 94, primarily I think because that's when Young started for SF and he was two full seasons in when finally beating Dallas and winning the SB in 95...I think.
What gives me pause is Boomer. I don't think he was in Cincy through 92, was he? Anyhow, Ill say 92.

TheNorm

I'll go with what Crewe said, 1992...fairly certain Rodney Peete started for the Lions then.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Dang, how did I forget Testicleverde was a buc?  And Bobby Hebert, lol wow, forgot about these guys. On the flip side, some of my most hated are on this list too lol

rollntider

92 also, Montana was starting at the Chiefs by 94

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on January 29, 2019, 07:23:31 PM

You know, wasn't it 93 when he QB'd KC? I say that because he beat the Oilers with the dysfunctional divisive Buddy Ryan that year.
Now Ive confused myself lol

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 30, 2019, 02:00:13 AM
Quote from: rollntider on January 29, 2019, 07:23:31 PM

You know, wasn't it 93 when he QB'd KC? I say that because he beat the Oilers with the dysfunctional divisive Buddy Ryan that year.
Now Ive confused myself lol
you may be right, I know he was QB in 94, so it is possible in 93 as well.