News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Spider-Man

Started by TheNorm, September 09, 2018, 12:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Cot damn what a story...could seriously pass for an MCU movie. Can't wait to see what the DLC has in store, and if this is supposed to be part of a trilogy I can't wait to see what Insomniac Games has in store next.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

this inspired me to play the batman games again. I had bought them cheap and never played passed the first one lol.

TheNorm

First of three DLC dropped on Tuesday, and so far it's amazing with a new story as well as some more events and challenges to complete. I can't mention enough how well Insomniac did with this one.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

So what are you thinking so far, Crewe?

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on May 09, 2019, 01:59:01 PM

its a fun game. Im not as lost on the controls here as I was with the Batman games because this is at least similar to Uncharted with the duck and dodge etc.
Im beyond the showdown with Fisk and both times with Shocker. Still lighting up transformers and searching for backpacks.
I have a hard time with car chases but hopefully that gets easier.

How do you buy attributes or upgrades in the menu? I see the cost is in crime tokens etc...and I see to have enough but can't execute. I didn't spend much time on it but I figure Im not seeing something correctly there.

BojackHorsefella

Finally beat this game the other day after a long absence. Got 100% on story mode (not to be confused with a Platinum trophy, which I never get). I like that it was challenging, but not impossible, although the boss fights were pretty easy.

At some point I'll definitely have to buy the DLC for it, but, for now, I'm content to play New Game + and go back through with all my suits and upgrades. "Super" cool.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on May 09, 2019, 03:55:27 PM
Quote from: TheNorm on May 09, 2019, 01:59:01 PM

its a fun game. Im not as lost on the controls here as I was with the Batman games because this is at least similar to Uncharted with the duck and dodge etc.
Im beyond the showdown with Fisk and both times with Shocker. Still lighting up transformers and searching for backpacks.
I have a hard time with car chases but hopefully that gets easier.

How do you buy attributes or upgrades in the menu? I see the cost is in crime tokens etc...and I see to have enough but can't execute. I didn't spend much time on it but I figure Im not seeing something correctly there.

Hmm, can't remember - been a minute since I've fired this up. Hold the button down I think?

Crewe

Ill try that. I looked at I again last night.
So,the suits for example...I unlock them, i.e., they appear available, but I can't utilize them yet, so I don't know what that means or how I get to that point.
Another is the skill tree, Im still at the top on all three with nothing else having become available.

Im going through each area, clearing it first; research labs, backpacks, landmark pictures, engaging in thug crime and demon crime, then Ill get to the story periodically along with side missions.
Right now, IM at 30% and in the story, I just protected Fisk's men while battling the demon men.
So maybe I just concentrate on the story and unlock all the other bs later?
Btw, I absolutely hate Harry's research lab tasks, just so mundane and pointless.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on May 09, 2019, 05:39:06 PM
Finally beat this game the other day after a long absence. Got 100% on story mode (not to be confused with a Platinum trophy, which I never get). I like that it was challenging, but not impossible, although the boss fights were pretty easy.

At some point I'll definitely have to buy the DLC for it, but, for now, I'm content to play New Game + and go back through with all my suits and upgrades. "Super" cool.

I really suck at games now lol I used to be king of everything, could walk in to any game, console, arcade, you name it and I owned it. Now, my eyesight and reflexes....yea, not so great anymore lol

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on May 10, 2019, 02:03:46 PM
Ill try that. I looked at I again last night.
So,the suits for example...I unlock them, i.e., they appear available, but I can't utilize them yet, so I don't know what that means or how I get to that point.
Another is the skill tree, Im still at the top on all three with nothing else having become available.

Im going through each area, clearing it first; research labs, backpacks, landmark pictures, engaging in thug crime and demon crime, then Ill get to the story periodically along with side missions.
Right now, IM at 30% and in the story, I just protected Fisk's men while battling the demon men.
So maybe I just concentrate on the story and unlock all the other bs later?
Btw, I absolutely hate Harry's research lab tasks, just so mundane and pointless.

Lately, with games like this and RDR2, I've been on a "side-missions first, actual missions later" kick.

The collecting on Spider-Man isn't too bad either, and if you get tired of the grind (it CAN be a little repetitive when you have, say, just Crime Missions left), you can hop back and do a story mission or two. That was my method, anyways.

I can't remember exactly HOW the suits appear (I feel like you can't see them until you earn them, right?), so any suits you can see means you've unlocked them, but maybe don't have enough tokens to buy yet (also, when you get closer to level 40, start saving your crime tokens for the Cel-Shaded suit, aka the best costume in a Spider-Man game ever).

And yeah, as long as you have enough tokens, it's just holding down X on the suit you want (pretty sure it's X).

The skill tree I don't remember how often it progresses, but it takes longer to get skill points to unlock than it does tokens, so that may be accurate.

Crewe

that helps quite a bit. Yea I can see the suits, but the way the columns are arranged (to purchase if you will) it looks like I have enough but maybe Im just reading it wrong.

Thanks for the tips!

Crewe

ok, that worked on the suits etc, thanks for that.
So, I noticed, coming off of a structure, I accidentally hit the circle button and that shoots a web wherever you aim, but it doesn't do anything really.
Is there a point to that ability?
I did accidentally make a tightrope somehow while chasing those fucking pigeons lol
btw, those research lab quests are a serious pain in the ass, I hope there's a point to it all.
My MO has been to clear a section of town then move on to the next. Ill tackle the main mission when its close to whatever Im doing.
I get the feeling I won't finish this game, as I rarely, if ever have every completed on 100%, I think the Warriors was the only one I seriously closed in on and really tried, but got stuck in the 95% range IIRC.
More often than not, there will be some ungodly task that will zap the fun out of the game and force me to sack it, eventually.

BojackHorsefella

The research labs are annoying, but not impossible.

I will say, when you get to the Taskmaster nonsense, you only need to get Bronze for it to count towards 100%. This is the only game I've gotten 100% in.

Crewe

Anything else you think I should know, keep it coming.
Any ida about the web thing I mentioned? I can't figure out a reason for it

Crewe

Quote from: Crewe on May 11, 2019, 05:55:36 PM
ok, that worked on the suits etc, thanks for that.
So, I noticed, coming off of a structure, I accidentally hit the circle button and that shoots a web wherever you aim, but it doesn't do anything really.
Is there a point to that ability?
I did accidentally make a tightrope somehow while chasing those fucking pigeons lol
btw, those research lab quests are a serious pain in the ass, I hope there's a point to it all.
My MO has been to clear a section of town then move on to the next. Ill tackle the main mission when its close to whatever Im doing.
I get the feeling I won't finish this game, as I rarely, if ever have every completed on 100%, I think the Warriors was the only one I seriously closed in on and really tried, but got stuck in the 95% range IIRC.
More often than not, there will be some ungodly task that will zap the fun out of the game and force me to sack it, eventually.

Aaaaand I think Ive found the 2 (so far) tasks that will frustrate the piss outta me forcing this one on the shelf.
That god awful research center where you have to blow out the vents (regulators) on a couple of buildings in no time flat.
After I said fuck that, and moved on, the very next one was the taskmaster where I have to waste every combatant in like 2:00, all without alerting anyone else. Ive had it down to the last two, but they are two feet from each other and it never works, so yea, fuck that too.
I call these the Jesus tasks because he's gonna have to do it cuz I sure in the hell can't.

Im at 65%. Pigeons, Landmarks. Backpacks and Black Cat are all done, but Harlem is killing me, which ar the above brick walls.