News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

MLB 19: The Show

Started by BojackHorsefella, February 22, 2019, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

https://youtu.be/MUnlXMP-w-E

Probably skipping this year since I have 18, unless there's some crazy new features that I HAVE TO HAVE. I do like these changes to RTTS though, I like the idea of the personality types and relationships, that is pretty neat to have that off-the-field stuff in there. Not sure how I feel about getting rid of the caps, but, whatever, it's just a game anyway.

All that being said, The Show is always great, the gameplay is fantastic, and if you haven't played one yet or it's been a few years, I'd recommend picking this up when it comes out.

TheNorm

I'll probably pick it up this year since I ended up skipping it last year. I don't mind them getting rid of caps, it's pretty much an offline mode anyway. 100 velocity with 40 control reliever, here we go... 🤣

Hopefully they'll fix the schedules for this go round; part of what killed RTTS MLB17 for me was playing the same interleague division every year. Should've rotated like it does in real life.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Weird that it didn't rotate in 17, but I can confirm that it did in 18, so you should be good to go there.

BojackHorsefella

Brand new game mode!

Looks like they basically RTTS'd franchise mode. I'd prefer it if we can make roster moves still, it's unclear from this video if you can but doesn't APPEAR to be the case. But I could see myself playing this mode if they still give you roster control.

TheNorm

I know you could transfer your RTTS guys/franchise stuff in the past, but I wonder if you can do it if you've skipped a season? Debating on whether to continue my Rockies SS/LF or just starting over...
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

I wasn't able to transfer my RTTS stuff between MLB 16 and 18, so I'd assume no.

Crewe

that's interesting, I thought you've been able to transfer for a while now. What version you coming from norm?

TheNorm

MLB 17. Kinda figured I wouldn't be able to but I'll just keep it separate for now. Gives me more time to figure out whether I want to keep it at SS or try something new.

Crewe

you should be able to port over from 17 IIRC

TheNorm

Did either of you pick this up yet? Need reviews lol

BojackHorsefella

Nah. I haven't picked up 18 in a while, between RDR2, Spider-Man, and I've been absolutely obsessed with For Honor later. I don't think there's enough new stuff in RTTS to get me to buy this.

I was interested in that "March to October" mode, but it sounds like you can only do one season and then it tosses you into an actual franchise mode, and I don't think you have any roster control either for trades and what have you, so that's meh (although, still a chance I'm wrong on that, but it certainly doesn't look like you can trade or do free agency during the season).

Crewe

I have not, but Ill post once I do

TheNorm

Crewe

Worth it?
I'm thinking I might wait til the next version

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on September 01, 2019, 09:36:32 PM
Worth it?
I'm thinking I might wait til the next version

For that price it might be worth taking a shot on it. Still thinking about it myself, but NBA 2K20 does drop on Friday so I probably won't...