News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Hello from a name from the past.

Started by Bret, June 23, 2014, 05:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

please do Bret. I have plans for this site that have fell through so far. But I do plan on implementing them hopefully soon.  Work has been killer (in a good way though) and it has eaten up my free time that normally goes to gaming/ side projects. My video gaming has dropped also. Plus the fact I got into miniatures/wargaming that eats time too :)

Bret

I have to admit...I don't devote much time to PC gaming anymore because I have went to the console side.

Madden goes without saying. My other PC interests were Civilization, and I found Civ V very disappointing. Star Trek Online came around, and I was initially excited. This was my first MMPORG or whatever it is. I didn't understand that to have a chance at anything you have to either have absolutely nothing in your life whatsoever than the game and do incredibly boring, repetitive tasks to gain the breadcrumbs they offer you, or they nickel and dime you to death on a consistent basis. I put up with that for a few months, but lost interest. I hate Steam, and I hate how the PC game industry keeps gravitating toward that platform. So, I'm pretty much done with PC gaming, though I am loving the resurrection of AOE II.

First console (since the 90's, I mean) for me was the Xbox. I came in to that a little late, but once I heard that you can soft-mod it, install a huge IDE hard drive with Xbox Media Center (now known as Kodi, and developed for every platform imaginable except for the original Xbox). I loved my time with the original Xbox, and I still have it. Great emulators for pretty much every old console system.

Then came the Xbox 360. They never had anything as cool as XBMC, but some guys did come up with a couple of custom dashboards, and there's sites out there where one can obtain both free games and DLC. My 360 has well over 900 games installed to the hard drive, and I paid for maybe 7 of them. No, I don't need that many games. But, my inner child who was constantly told "we can't afford it" when I asked my parents for a console coupled with the inner child who was constantly told go fuck himself when I asked to play with the neighbor kids' consoles demands that I hoarde as many games as possible. It's an issue, I know.

Anyway, despite the fact that things are pretty much over as far as new content for the 360, I was happy with sticking with that. I figured while I wait around for someone to crack the Xbox One, I have all these games to get around to playing which should keep me busy for several years.

However, for Christmas, my wife got me an Xbox One. Being a pirate and all, this felt strange, still does. She got me the Madden version of the One-S with the 1TB hard drive and a year's subscription to Xbox Live. At first, I wasn't all that thrilled. But, I'm warming up to it. The graphics on the One are better than the 360, and they're 4k compatible (for when I get a 4k TV, that is). My library is already up to about 14 games. I've played Madden like twice. But, I'm really digging Forza 6.

The One is pretty good, I guess. My primary complaints are that the One S has no dedicated Kinect port, and it requires a special $40 adapter to plug the Kinect in. I hate the dashboard on the One. And, I hate how every game has to be downloaded and installed locally. Well, that's actually pretty good. But, if that's the way MS was going to go, then a 2TB Hard Drive really should be standard in all Ones. They're cheap enough these days. I'm not sure why MS didn't make that call.

Anyway, that's my video gaming interest these days. If anyone around here has a One, I'd love to play something online with you. As I said, I got Forza 6. I also have Rory McIlroy gold, the last three or four Call of Duty games, Tony Hawk 5, and a couple of others I can't recall sitting at my desk at work.

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

Jeez. Coming back through and reading this, I took the bait and googled GoChiefs named.

DUDE WORKS FOR SBNATION. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

How do bad people get good things? :(

Crewe

how in the hell could you find him with such a ubiquitous moniker?

BojackHorsefella

Brett gave out his real name earlier in this post.

Crewe

ah, well, then that makes sense lol

TheNorm

Quote from: Bucfever on July 13, 2018, 03:01:56 PM
Jeez. Coming back through and reading this, I took the bait and googled GoChiefs named.

DUDE WORKS FOR SBNATION. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

How do bad people get good things? :(

I decided to take the bait too, and looks like he has a twitter page. Nothing remarkable, seems like he sticked on brand with the Chiefs stuff...although this made me do a double take too...

https://twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/966357330022551552

Forgot about all those layoffs.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Bret

I googled him on occasion. The name GoChiefs cut a pretty wide swath through the internet. He didn't only embarrass himself on football gaming forums.

As to his real name, I thought it was common knowledge amongst us. I found a photo of him, and it looks like he dropped a lot of weight and got a decent hair style. I wonder if Rori has seen the new GoChiefs...