News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Official 2018 College/Pro Pick 'em Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 26, 2018, 09:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

This will be the official thread for picks this season. The rules:

1. Each week will be a selection of 10 games, evenly split between college and pro. In weeks when one or the other is not in session, 10 games will made available from the active league.

2. Each game will be worth one point, with the exception of the Spotlight Game, which will be worth two points.

3. Picks must be highlighted in bold. Picks for each game are due before the kickoff of that game. Picks can also be changed up until that time as well. Not really worried about any of you going back and changing picks, so cheers to all of you.  :thumbsup:

4. I will update scores each week...but I am human and make mistakes from time to time, so if your score and mine doesn't match let me know.

5. Tiebreaker is currently a work in progress, but one tiebreaker may include most spotlight games guessed correctly.

6. Winner will receive a PS4/XB1/Switch game of their choice (standard edition, nothing super rare either lol).

Questions? Concerns? Comments? Now's the time to ask.

Other than that...games for Week 1 will be posted later tonight or tomorrow morning. Best of luck to all of you.  :woot:

Overall Standings (through Week 11)

1. rigg44/cflnut - 74
3. tider - 73
4. Bucfever - 72
5. Crewe/Norm - 62
7. thai - 60

Spotlight Wins (through Week 11)

Bucfever - 9/11
rigg44 - 9/11
cflnut - 8/11
Norm - 8/11
tider - 8/11
Crewe - 6/11
thai - 5/11
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Week 1 first game starts Saturday 9/1 @12pm ET

Ole Miss @ Texas Tech
#6 Washington @ #9 Auburn
Tennessee @ West Virginia
North Carolina @ California
#22 Boise State @ Troy
Louisville @ #1 Alabama
Middle Tennessee @ Vanderbilt
#8 Miami @ #25 LSU
#20 Virginia Tech @ #19 Florida State

Spotlight Game: #14 Michigan @ #12 Notre Dame
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Ole Miss @ Texas Tech 
#22 Boise State @ Troy
Louisville @ #1 Alabama
#8 Miami @ #25 LSU

#14 Michigan @ #12 Notre Dame

the Auburn game i was split, but with Auburn replacing 4 out of 5 on the ol and not having an established RB I will go to Washington, plus I hate auburn.
This is the last year I give Harbaugh the benefit of the doubt. if he doesn't win this game or the big 10 then he is not an elite coach.
I am picking Miami because while I think LSU is more talented, I think Miami is better coached.  LSU fans wake up this year and go WTF did we do????

BojackHorsefella

Week 1 first game starts Saturday 9/1 @12pm ET

Ole Miss @ Texas Tech
#22 Boise State @ Troy
Louisville @ #1 Alabama
#8 Miami @ #25 LSU

I know 0 about college football, to be honest. Crossing my fingers and going with it.

thaima1shu

Ole Miss @ Texas Tech
#22 Boise State @ Troy
Louisville @ #1 Alabama
#8 Miami @ #25 LSU

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: thaima1shu on August 27, 2018, 12:03:28 PM
Ole Miss @ Texas Tech
#22 Boise State @ Troy
Louisville @ #1 Alabama
#8 Miami @ #25 LSU

Pssssssst you forgot the Spotlight game. Get your two points!

thaima1shu

Crewe

Ole Miss @ Texas Tech
#22 Boise State @ Troy
Louisville @ #1 Alabama
#8 Miami @ #25 LSU

cflnut

Ole Miss @ Texas Tech
#22 Boise State @ Troy
Louisville @ #1 Alabama
#8 Miami @ #25 LSU

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

TheNorm

Week 1

Ole Miss @ Texas Tech
#22 Boise State @ Troy
Louisville @ #1 Alabama
#8 Miami @ #25 LSU

Spotlight Game: #14 Michigan @ f*ck Notre Dame

Crewe

Rigg44

Ole Miss @ Texas Tech
#22 Boise State @ Troy
Louisville @ #1 Alabama
#8 Miami @ #25 LSU

rollntider

Quote from: rollntider on August 27, 2018, 10:26:35 AM

Ole Miss @ Texas Tech 
#22 Boise State @ Troy
Louisville @ #1 Alabama
#8 Miami @ #25 LSU

#14 Michigan @ #12 Notre Dame

the Auburn game i was split, but with Auburn replacing 4 out of 5 on the ol and not having an established RB I will go to Washington, plus I hate auburn.
This is the last year I give Harbaugh the benefit of the doubt. if he doesn't win this game or the big 10 then he is not an elite coach.
I am picking Miami because while I think LSU is more talented, I think Miami is better coached.  LSU fans wake up this year and go WTF did we do????

Fuck Auburn and Fuck Notre Dame

TheNorm

I don't expect this to last, but there's a six-way tie for first. Depending on how you look at it, that's either pretty good or disastrously bad lol.

Week 1 Standings *names in italics hit the spotlight game

1. Crewe/Rigg/Buc/thai/cflnut/Norm - 5
7. tider - 4

Weekly standings will remain in the thread, overall standings will be updated in the first post.

TheNorm

Week Two (first games start on Saturday)

#3 Georgia @ #24 South Carolina
Iowa State @ Iowa
#13 Penn State @ Pittsburgh
#17 USC @ #10 Stanford
#15 Michigan State @ Arizona State

NFL

Pittsburgh @ Cleveland  :P
Houston @ New England
Kansas City @ Los Angeles Chargers
Washington @ Arizona

Spotlight Game: Dallas @ Carolina