News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2019 Pro Football Thread

Started by rollntider, February 25, 2019, 10:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Your reminder that a shitheel like this clown gets chance after chance but Kaep is still blackballed.

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/1178368999068966913
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on September 29, 2019, 03:27:40 PM
Your reminder that a shitheel like this clown gets chance after chance but Kaep is still blackballed.

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/1178368999068966913

pure garbage, man.
id love to hear his explanation

TheNorm

NFL didn't wait long...he's gone for the year.

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/1178697440251113472

He needs to be gone forever.

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

Admittedly loathe to promote Barstool but the Gridiron Heights series is fantastic. Each episode is about a minute, and that's pretty much what keeps it fresh. The latest episode is absolutely a triumph:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijR6YCNdH-w

TheNorm

Lol, "Dem Boys" lost to the Jets. 🤣🤣
How does Jason Garrett still have a job?

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on October 13, 2019, 08:37:24 PM
Lol, "Dem Boys" lost to the Jets. 🤣🤣
How does Jason Garrett still have a job?

that was pathetic lol
I was for keeping Garrett when he first came on mid season. I thought he needed a fair shot to have a say so in a few drafts (with Jerry, lol who am I kidding?) and build the team in his vision. After a couple of seasons, it was clear he wasn't the guy.

On a somewhat different note; I must say I absolutely love the fact that most people seem to appreciate Romo's commentary along with his insight.
I feel like this vindicates him somewhat because now you can see, gee, you know, maybe it wasn't all his fault.

TheNorm

What, the Lions got hosed on penalties again tonight? Gee, never seen that ending before.  ::)

Crewe

I just laugh it off because I really try not to have any emotional attachment to this game anymore.
The refs are now like a militant cop in kevlar and head to toe camo cruising quiet neighborhoods looking to write tickets for parking violations.
Its just way way out of hand and people need to realize its not going to get any better in the coming years, its only going to get worse.

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/DanMillerFox2/status/1184114705230630912

He's right. I've never seen the outrage quite like this. Like Crewe said though, nothing's gonna change so I just get to sit and accept this along with every other bullshit call that hosed the Lions out of Ws.
Fucking pissed off. Hate losing to that fucking squad in general with their little bitch QB, beaten them four straight and got screwed out of a fifth one. Detroit vs. Everybody.

Crewe

Im hoping we are seeing a tipping point, but Im not optimistic.
On the one hand, we have the technology to ensure a better managed game and most rational people thought with the IR installed it would be better. Especially since it removes the human element.
The flip side is, it doesn't remove the human element. How many times do you have to listen to that NFL lapdog Steratore or Pereira incorrectly analyze an instant replay? It's sometimes quite impressive to hear the the mental gymnastics performed in order to swing from the NFL johnson.
So yea, the eye in the sky suggestion or whatever it was that was shot down by the NFL doesn't really matter IMO because you are still going to have NFL "elements" imparting their biased interpretations of the voluminous yet absurdly vague league rulebook.
I just always reiterate an axiom uttered by the great George Carlin....it's bullshit and its bad for ya...

BojackHorsefella

Seems relevant given our most recent discussion in here.

Crewe

that was a fun watch, but I always see these types of things with a bit of a chip on my shoulder. Like these fellas projecting that the 90's was "old school" and talks about astroturf for example....uh, you know that was in use in the late 70's, right?

Apparently not.

It is always interesting to see the rule changes and uni advances, but I appreciate, or hate, if you will, the very thing they discussed which was cluttering the screen with all the NFL feces. That irritated my from day one and still does.  I know, get off your lawn....Im going Im going...