News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Scene it

Started by Crewe, January 05, 2020, 07:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

This man deserves his own thread. But since I'm not ready to do that yet, I'll just leave this here. Godspeed and RIP, good sir. 98 years is one helluva life...really hoping to make one of your final wishes come true soon enough.

https://youtu.be/6N6KuhP7T18
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on July 01, 2020, 01:27:42 AM
This man deserves his own thread. But since I'm not ready to do that yet, I'll just leave this here. Godspeed and RIP, good sir. 98 years is one helluva life...really hoping to make one of your final wishes come true soon enough.

https://youtu.be/6N6KuhP7T18

Reiner had such a great mind for comedy, and certainly the talent. Miss him already.

Im going back to When Harry Met Sally for this one. It's one of the few date or chick movies I enjoyed, and I mean, Meg Ryan, cmon.
This is the famous fake orgasm scene in which Meg .... well... fakes it, a a diner.
Billy Crystal is terrific with his expressions. At first he is concerned, but then he realizes what she is doing and that he's going to have to settle in and absorb the whole ride. The ambience in the restaurant slowly dies down as she becomes more and more frenzied and everyone begins to to stare and gawk and when it's all done, she returns to normal as if , well, she faked it lol

This clip seems really benign now but at the time, it really was poignant in more ways than one because that was a topi of the times.
And as a young 20 something male, I of course had to play it off but knowing damn well I was Billy Crystal. Lucky my SO didnt shame me like that, but that scene still stuck with me.

TheNorm

Happy Birthday, good sir...still can't believe all these years later you're gone. I could pick any number of funny moments, but I think I'll go with my favorite drama scene with him instead.

https://youtu.be/oRG2jlQWCsY
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

always a good choice.
It's so sad how his journey ended. I cant imagine facing the choices he had.

Crewe

My cousin and I saw this film about a hundred and fifty thousand times when it came out.
So many great scenes but this one resonated because it is such a fuck your buddy then deal with the consequences kinda thing that we thrived on.
"Can't spend your whole life worrying about your mistakes. You fucked up, you trusted us. hey, make the best of it."

LOL  :D

TheNorm

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily."
"Better listen to him Flounder. He's pre-med."

I don't know how often I uttered that phrase during drinking nights in college, but it was a lot. Damn I love that scene and that movie...great choice.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on August 06, 2020, 07:50:18 PM
"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily."
"Better listen to him Flounder. He's pre-med."

I don't know how often I uttered that phrase during drinking nights in college, but it was a lot. Damn I love that scene and that movie...great choice.

I enjoyed how they tacked on to that joke at the hearing when Otter stands to defend Delta and Hoover says, don't screw around, they're serious this time.
Otter: Take it easy, I'm pre law.
Boone: I thought you were pre med?
Otter: What's the difference?
LOL

My net offering is from Arthur, and no, not that god awful Russell Brandt horseshit remake. And btw, I say that confidently without having seen it.
Dudley Moore plays a playboy drunk who is at his fiancé's house to meet with her father whom he is terrified of because it's a forced marriage and he doesn't want to go through with it.
If you ever need an example of delivery an comedic timing in a movie, this is unparalleled.
Take 1:11 and watch, or re live this gem. This movie is fantastic.

TheNorm

Yeah, let's do this one today. Message is just as important now-maybe even more so-as it was back in 2018 when the film was released.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe."

Rest in power, Chadwick Boseman.

https://youtu.be/YHVfL1lqET0

Rigg44

Quote from: TheNorm on August 29, 2020, 04:14:51 PM
Yeah, let's do this one today. Message is just as important now-maybe even more so-as it was back in 2018 when the film was released.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe."

Rest in power, Chadwick Boseman.

https://youtu.be/YHVfL1lqET0

At the time more of a throw away scence for me but in the current climate, very good scene indeed.

Crewe

This is more about the movie than this one scene, although it is a great DeNiro bit.
Midnight Run is another film my mom and I really enjoyed together.
Numerous times we would get together and watch this film, and even though she didnt know a lot about other movies, she certainly could quote Midnight Run back to me lol
I would go over to her house and we would cook a big dinner then chill with Midnight Run. Such a fun movie that holds wonderful memories of sharing it with my mother.
I'm sure everyone has seen it, but if you havent, check it out, and if you have, see it again.

TheNorm

RIP Sean Connery. The original and arguably the best 007, and a legendary actor. Oddly enough, my favorite role of his was the sub captain Marko Ramius from The Hunt for Red October (also one of the best submarine movies ever). But I'll go with this scene here.

"He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. THAT'S the Chicago Way."
https://youtu.be/xPZ6eaL3S2E

Crewe

His Untouchables was so Connery, I loved it.
How you think he fells now? Better? Or worse?

I was kinda sad to see after he died most every post was about The Rock.
Fuckin kids, expand your horizons beyond the 90's. He was James Bond ya know. Life did exist before the 90's and Daniel Craig.

TheNorm

Lol

As for Bond...honestly I think both he and Craig are 1 and 1A. Both thoroughly enjoyable to watch.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on November 01, 2020, 04:31:00 PM
Lol

As for Bond...honestly I think both he and Craig are 1 and 1A. Both thoroughly enjoyable to watch.

The movies around him sucked (at least World and, obviously, Die Another Day), but I won't stand for this Pierce Brosnan erasure!

In truth, I don't know that I've actually seen a Connery-Bond film. Bond's always been one that seemed overwhelming to tackle, before the ones I was old enough to start watching as they released.

Crewe

It kinda is, but not really, if youre interested. It's sorta like going through the Hitchcock library.