News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Your Unpopular Opinion

Started by TheNorm, October 09, 2017, 06:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rigg44

Quote from: TheNorm on July 12, 2018, 04:27:18 PM
I think Buc hit the nail on the head there. As long as you're gonna give us amazing stuff and expand the universe, take my f'ing money. A Thrawn movie or tv series based off of the Timothy Zahn book (soon to be books) would be incredible to me.

As for TLJ, I like that Rey ISN'T connected to the Skywalker family and I hope they keep it that way. If a random from Jakku/'nowhere' can be Force-capable, then so can anyone else (which I think the film alluded to at the end with the kid).

I think there has never been a question about the ability for anyone to wield the force but I like the Skywalker thread.  I like the spin offs just as you guys do, I love these stories outside the main story line.  I would rather see them go completely unconnected however, like a knights of the old republic movies series.  In the end I have enjoyed the movies and I know its a vocal minority that "hate" them but in the internet keyboard warrior era that can be all it takes to scare a studio.  I know that not everyone loves the DC movies but they have all been profitable.  Yet the studio is talking major changes.  I have my issues with the DC movies but if the MCU did not exist we would love the DC movies.   

TheNorm

Alright here goes, and let me preface this first by saying I absolutely love and respect Sean Connery:

Daniel Craig is a better 007 than Sean Connery.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Rigg44

Quote from: TheNorm on July 18, 2018, 10:57:29 AM
Alright here goes, and let me preface this first by saying I absolutely love and respect Sean Connery:

Daniel Craig is a better 007 than Sean Connery.

Well I disagree but let me explain why.  I don't think it is fair to compare the Daniel Craig era Bond to any other Bond, it is apples to Oranges.  The old bond movies had a campy feel to them more tongue in cheek than serious.  I believe given the same script with the same tone Connery wins out but it is one of those unanswerable questions. After all I prefer the really campy Roger Moore era.   

BojackHorsefella

Yeah, that's the weird thing about Bond films. The old ones do hue fairly close together (Connery, Moore, Brosnan) although either getting campier as they go or being fairly campy regularly (Moonraker, anyone?)

Whereas Daniel Craig Bond is so much more influenced by things like Mission Impossible and, most especially, the Bourne movies, it's hard to make that comparison. Plus, in general, just the writing around the film. I'll defend Pierce Brosnan himself until my dying day, but I can't defend the movies he's in after Tomorrow Never Dies (World is Not Enough is at least watchable, while ridiculous, and bringing back Valentin elevates it. Die Another Day, however, has no good things). Craig has certainly been the recipient of higher level writing (I know most people hate Quantom of Solace, I love it, I can look past Skyfall's plot holes and Spectre was....well, Spectre was the low point).

BojackHorsefella

*whispers*

The 2018 Red Sox are an incredibly fun team to watch, Moomie Betts MIGHT be the best player in baseball (not-Mike Trout division) and their win pace right now is literally historic, and these guys just gel together so well and it's hard not to admire them.

But also fuck the Red Sox.

Crewe

yea, Im sorry to say, it just has the feel this is their year. Hard to argue with whats happening on the field

BojackHorsefella

Crewe

Give me plain glazed donuts. Take your little frilly sprinkles and get lost.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 16, 2019, 03:11:48 PM

There's a place in Chicago called Firecakes that might change your mind. They've got a pistachio glazed old fashioned that is motherforking amazing.

That being said...I love my cinnamon sugar old fashioned from Do-Rite Donuts too.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 18, 2019, 11:22:49 AM
Quote from: Crewe on January 16, 2019, 03:11:48 PM

There's a place in Chicago called Firecakes that might change your mind. They've got a pistachio glazed old fashioned that is motherforking amazing.

That being said...I love my cinnamon sugar old fashioned from Do-Rite Donuts too.

its my plan to go to Chicago one day so maybe you can meet me there and watch me not change my mind lol ;-)

Rigg44

I would rather have a 6 cheese Asiago bagel from Eisenstein's Bagels than any doughnut!  And I love doughnut!

BojackHorsefella

I mean, I can eat a proper NY bagel plain if I really want to and still enjoy it more than a donut. Bagels rock. Thankfully I found a great bagel place near the house here which did not disappoint. "Blazing Bagels," but I don't think they're a chain? At least, not nation-wide.

Crewe

Quote from: Rigg44 on January 18, 2019, 12:24:16 PM
I would rather have a 6 cheese Asiago bagel from Eisenstein's Bagels than any doughnut!  And I love doughnut!

Agree that its a great bagel but we are arguing apples and oranges as far as Im concerned lol

Rigg44

Quote from: Crewe on January 18, 2019, 01:21:05 PM
Quote from: Rigg44 on January 18, 2019, 12:24:16 PM

Agree that its a great bagel but we are arguing apples and oranges as far as Im concerned lol

See I knew it was an unpopular opinion ;)  lol

BojackHorsefella

Would you classify a donut as a breakfast food, or a dessert, is the real question