The Official 2018 College/Pro Pick 'em Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 26, 2018, 09:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Week Ten Results

1. rollntider - 8
2. Norm/rigg44/Bucfever/cflnut - 7
6. Crewe/thai - 6
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

cflnut

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

TheNorm

Week 11 Earliest game Saturday 11/10 @ 12pm ET
Slim pickings this week...

NCAA
#10 Ohio State @ Michigan State
Maryland @ Indiana
#9 Kentucky @Tennessee
Oregon @ #15 Utah
Spotlight Game: #17 Texas @ Texas Tech

NFL
Jacksonville @ Indianapolis
Washington @ Tampa Bay
New Orleans @ Cincinnati
Dallas @ Philadelphia
NY Giants @ San Francisco
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on November 06, 2018, 10:32:53 AM
Week Ten Results

1. rollntider - 8
6. Crewe/thai - 6

I WOULD LIKE TO REGISTER A COMPLAINT!

When I look at Rigg's picks, it appears they were submitted at 3:40 PM eastern. I may be willing to give him the Bama game and certainly the NFL games, but some of those college games should be excluded from his total, which would give him a total of 5 for this week.

................................look, I'd like a free PS4 game, don't judge me people. ("Then make better picks!" Yeah, yeah I know).

BojackHorsefella

NCAA
Maryland @ Indiana
#9 Kentucky @Tennessee
Oregon @ #15 Utah

NFL
Washington @ Tampa Bay - (MIGHT change this if Fitzy is the starter)
New Orleans @ Cincinnati
Dallas @ Philadelphia

TheNorm

Quote from: Bucfever on November 06, 2018, 10:50:21 AM
Week Ten Results

1. rollntider - 8
6. Crewe/thai - 6

When I look at Rigg's picks, it appears they were submitted at 3:40 PM eastern. I may be willing to give him the Bama game and certainly the NFL games, but some of those college games should be excluded from his total, which would give him a total of 5 for this week.

................................look, I'd like a free PS4 game, don't judge me people. ("Then make better picks!" Yeah, yeah I know).

Hmm, good catch and I hadn't noticed that. It would cost him one point, as the WVU/Texas and Georgia/Kentucky games started at 3:30. Both Penn State/Michigan and BC/Virginia Tech games had start times listed at 3:45pm ET, so those picks were in ahead of the deadline.

Seeing as how I don't believe this was done with the intent of trying to get one past everyone...but rules are rules. Let me think about it unless anyone else wants to chime in.

Rigg44

Quote from: TheNorm on November 06, 2018, 11:41:39 AM
Week Ten Results

1. rollntider - 8
6. Crewe/thai - 6

Hmm, good catch and I hadn't noticed that. It would cost him one point, as the WVU/Texas and Georgia/Kentucky games started at 3:30. Both Penn State/Michigan and BC/Virginia Tech games had start times listed at 3:45pm ET, so those picks were in ahead of the deadline.

Seeing as how I don't believe this was done with the intent of trying to get one past everyone...but rules are rules. Let me think about it unless anyone else wants to chime in.

I was in the car when I realized I did not pick last week.  So I hurried up and put the picks in on my phone, thus the reason my picks look so weird last week.  I did not realize it was past any of the games start times but if I broke a rule do what you need to.

BojackHorsefella

Both Penn State/Michigan and BC/Virginia Tech games had start times listed at 3:45pm ET, so those picks were in ahead of the deadline.

Ah, ok, for some reason I was thinking all but Bama was 3:30. That's fair.

Rigg44

NCAA
Maryland @ Indiana
#9 Kentucky @Tennessee
Oregon @ #15 Utah

NFL
Washington @ Tampa Bay
New Orleans @ Cincinnati
Dallas @ Philadelphia

cflnut

Week 11

NCAA
Maryland @ Indiana
#9 Kentucky @Tennessee
Oregon @ #15 Utah

NFL
Washington @ Tampa Bay
New Orleans @ Cincinnati
Dallas @ Philadelphia
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

TheNorm

Quote from: Rigg44 on November 06, 2018, 11:46:19 AM
I was in the car when I realized I did not pick last week.  So I hurried up and put the picks in on my phone, thus the reason my picks look so weird last week.  I did not realize it was past any of the games start times but if I broke a rule do what you need to.

Yeah, I kind of figured that you wouldn't do that on purpose. Still deciding on my end, I'm lenient like that lol

BojackHorsefella

rollntider

Week Ten Results

1. rollntider - 8
6. Crewe/thai - 6

You are the commish so your word goes. If you allow them then I have no issue with it for what it is worth. If I win I am givng the prize to my son.

rollntider

NCAA
Maryland @ Indiana
#9 Kentucky @Tennessee
Oregon @ #15 Utah

NFL
Washington @ Tampa Bay
New Orleans @ Cincinnati