News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by Crewe, October 01, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

You definitely need perfect pelts for crafting. Anything less just gets you some money and that's it.

As far as why yours keep going missing...you've got me. Especially something as large as an elk pelt, I'm really not sure. It may also depend on what you're crafting. I think Pearson MOSTLY crafts stuff for the camp itself, whereas the uh........whatever his name is, the guy you bring the legendary pelts and legendary trinkets to, he actually crafts clothing for you.

Except satchels! Pearson does do the satchels at least, which are worth it IF you do them all and get the Legend of the East satchel (only did it on my second playthrough).

Crewe

I look at the ingredients Person needs for the satchels and camp stuff and elk is in there.
Where's this other guy you speak of?
If I understand he only crafts clothes?
Thats helpful.

BojackHorsefella

Your legendary pelts should be going to the pelt guy, who is marked on your map with a wolf's paw, I believe. I mostly go to his Saint Denis location, because again, my Arthur is a city slicker who enjoys Saint Denis AND KILLING, but I digress.

He's also just....east of Strawberry, I believe, and west of....Van Horn or whatever it's called.

BojackHorsefella

One of these days we should party up, do share play (not online co-op), and I can watch you play and address questions, hahaha. Or you can watch me, ask questions and watch me explain as best I can, haha. Not like we've got anything else to do in quarantine.

Crewe

lol that sounds quite interesting.
My play is so, weird because I cant process what I see as normally as I used to because of my eyesight.
Case in point, was trucking over a small hill on the trail and crashed right in to a guy who had murdered and robbed another fella. he ran off and as Rosco and I were getting our bearings, another passer by saw and reported me as a murderer. Which reminds me, there's another trip to the post office lol

I spent some time in St Denis for the first time yesterday during all my escapades.
Went to a tailor to get duded up since I was a ruffian lol
As soon as I walked in I was pick pocketed.
Had to chase that twerp for about six blocks, and ran right in front of the two cops camped out in front of the police station, thanks for the help you rubes.
You kill anyone in St Denis or stay cool?

How do I know if its a legendary kill?

BojackHorsefella

Legendary animals require an actual hunt. You'll enter their territory (and the legendary map gives you a GENERAL area of where they're located, still requires additional searching), and once you've reached it you'll get a notification that says "You've entered legendary animal territory." If you're wanted, or in a firefight, it'll tell you to return at a different time.

Once you see that notification (the good ones, not the return at another time one), you use your Eagle Eye to find like, droppings, tree scratchings and other stuff until you finally find the legendary animal. Then you can kill it however, it doesn't have the "kill gently so pelt stays perfect" rules.

Crewe

ah ok. I see the entering legendary area notice sometimes but never paid attention.
Very good to know bout the killing. So I can just blast away with my shotgun eh?

btw, I wish you could dump some guns. Ive got no less than 10 rifles right now and only use one. And all the ones I can buy at a gunsmith ar worse than my lowest ranked one.

Crewe

Well that story took a dark depressing turn. I don't even like playing so much now lol

So the gist of it is, people I like, die, I guess.
I've disliked Dutch from the get go, Bill's a lazy turd and the reverend, well, enough said. I didnt like Dutch's wife but I just discovered I dont have to worry about her anymore.

I finished the bank robbery and slow boat to Guarma. Didnt care for that part of the story too much.
It's interesting though, parts of this game, and I guess it cant be held, but rob a bank, kill 30 cops, pay a fine and everything is forgotten.
My horse Rosco, shows up at home, no matter where I leave him. How we was collected after the Saint Denis robbery Ill never know.
Speaking of Saint Denis, I know it's liked by city folk here, but me, not so much.
Streets are way too narrow and if you just brush someone, all the sudden there's a hundred red dots on the radar trying to kill you and you're wanted for $5. I was chased all the way back to camp nearly just to get away. Disruptd my mission and everything else cuz some asshole touched my horse.
It was quite hilarious on the mission with Susan, seeing her dashing around killing fellas in her calico Sunday best, that was something lol
This game does have quite sense of humor though. Despite the fact I dont like Arthur much ( I dont like the voice actor nor the style for his character)
he gets off some pretty good ones.
I always chuckled at Dutch and his desire for Tahiti which was an absurd goal, but Im not finished with the game so maybe they make it.
Not sure how much more I have to go but I've really hated the last two camps.

Crewe

I hunted for 17 straight game hours to finally find a lead and was able to make my first legendary kill. The moose. Although I did spook the bastard and he ran right over me. Remember th sand people scene through the binoculars in SW Ep 4? it was just like that for me lol

TheNorm

Nice work! And yeah, this story gets dark...no love for Arthur though? Liked him, Sadie, and Marston (for obvious reasons). Like you said though, the attrition can be sudden and brutal. Kinda sucked getting attached to some of these characters and then boom, they're gone.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I like him okay I guess its the voice actor I dont care for so much.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on April 23, 2020, 03:55:17 PM
I hunted for 17 straight game hours to finally find a lead and was able to make my first legendary kill. The moose. Although I did spook the bastard and he ran right over me. Remember th sand people scene through the binoculars in SW Ep 4? it was just like that for me lol

That genuinely made me lol. I could visualize the moose suddenly rushing into view while using the binoculars

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on April 23, 2020, 04:44:27 PM
I like him okay I guess its the voice actor I dont care for so much.

I loved the voice actor, so that's surprising to me. I think it may depend on your Arthur to some extent though. I honestly liked my good Arthur a lot, and a lot of that was the voice work because I feel like he did a great job capturing that inner battle for Arthur, to be a good man but having to do bad things to survive.

My evil Arthur I'm dismissive of. He comes off as hypocritical, smug, and had I played him first I probably would've hated the VA just by association, haha

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on April 23, 2020, 09:32:46 PM
Quote from: Crewe on April 23, 2020, 03:55:17 PM

That genuinely made me lol. I could visualize the moose suddenly rushing into view while using the binoculars

lol yup, its exactly like you envision

Re: Arthur. He's not that bad, I guess Im just not enamored with him. I do like the dialog though, the story is good so far, sans the video game absurdities that block logical narration.

My Arthur is almost completely good guy white on the progression bar now however, Ive dipped a bit lately by not granting help, oh, and I accidentally shot a guy in Valentine. lol
Anyone else see the blind guy on the trail, in the middle of literal nowhere? No horse. No town. No house lol jeez, cmon Rockstar.
Same with the "Gavin" guy, found him a couple of times out on the range.

Lemme ask you fellas; so, I came up on this chick on the side of the road, asking for help and I knew it was a trap and was going to straight up shoot her but I thought my good guy would get dinged so I waited to activate the ambush and they kill me lol
But if I had just shot her, would I get red tagged for that you think?
Because Ive come up on some campers who right away say you're in the wrong placee or leave now and I know they are enemies an I just flat out shoot first and I get no negatives from my character.

TheNorm

Haha that Gavin dude is everywhere it seems like.

As for the 'trap', I'm honestly not sure...I typically didn't catch on because I really wasn't sure if it was a trap or not (sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't). Can't remember if I accidentally triggered the whole trap once because I may have pulled a gun on her by accident lol, but also not sure if it's not a trap if that counts as a neg against you since you pulled your gun on a civilian (even if you didn't shoot).
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr