News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by Crewe, October 01, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

So, I was out west of Strawberry, just north of the Blackwater bounty.
Two bounty men came for me so I killed them. Keep in mind, all my other bounties are paid off.
I stayed out there hunting for the next day and I spot two more. This time, I just pick them off from a distance behind a bluff and then went about my day lol
Then I headed back north to try to catch that damn stupid ass horse again to no freain avail (stayed up there three more days)
and while I was heading up, two more approached me again. And once more I picked them off lol
I dont know why?
I did quietly rob the general store in Strawberry, i.e., no alert nor bounty was given cuz I was slick man. left my horse tied up on a hill by the water tower, climbed down the steps into the store, robbed it, walked out and back up to my horse, changed clothes and rode off. That was nice.

Except that fuckin horse

Crewe

I can always tell when Im going to get jumped. Whenever I have a perfect pelt or two on my horse, rest assured Im not making it to my destination without being accosted.

So, Im enjoying the crating upgrades or trying to get them anyway, but is it really worth it for the camp stuff? I mean we only have two campsites worth a shit and they are the first two, after that its just all crap sites and not worth any effort crafting with perfect pelts.
Am I alone on this?

Crewe

So I finally broke the white arabaian and, it was surprisingly easy once I figured out what I was doing wrong.
What I read was left stick down then left and right while on the horse, but what it should have read was PUSH down while moving right and left.
Common misunderstanding when discussing these analog controls.
Anyway in the words of Dave Chapelle, gotcha bitch!

So Im doing a lot of side missions, obtaining camp request items, treasure maps and other things while still in Chapter 2.
As noted above, I hate all the other camp sites after this because the crafting upgrades dont apply.
So Ill stick with this a bit I think before really going forward, and also, I noticed my moral is still grey - white like it was when I was a good guy.
So I guess I can still be good or bad, we shall see what I decide. I've killed a few ranch owners just to raid their homes and livestock.
Haven't tried to rob the doc in valentine yet but I will and see if I can get away with the back room robbery too.
Im almost to the point where money doesn't matter because Im carrying around $1300 and we still haven't hit the big scores and I recall after one or two of those, I was flush with 4k and never went below 3500 despite buying clothes etc legit.

This game is more fun the second time around because Im more aware of how things work an especially that trinket you turn in to the fence that improves the 3 star animals you see. That made hunting loads and loads easier, wish I had known all these little secrets.

One question though, how in the hell do you kill rabbits and smaller game?
I find 3 star rabbits, kill em with the weakest arrow and yet they are still obliterated.
Same with snakes...and btw, where do you find snakes?? I see one once in a while but by the time I load up, he's gone.
Anyway, hope you guys enjoy reading about my escapades lol

BojackHorsefella

Small animals are so difficult. Varmint rifle is ok, but you can craft your own arrows, and small game arrows are the best for it.

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on May 12, 2020, 05:52:35 PM
Small animals are so difficult. Varmint rifle is ok, but you can craft your own arrows, and small game arrows are the best for it.

Good to know. Ill try it out.

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on May 12, 2020, 05:52:35 PM
The varmint rifle actually worked better once I figured out what to use on what animal.

So here's a Hall of Fame rambling post, and you will marvel at the alligator story.

Abigail is really pissing me off. She beats me every time in dominos and at least twice she's beat me in two rounds, scoring as much as 85 points in one of em.
Bitch.

Im still on Chapter two. I can tell we are leaving the Rhodes area camp soon and I hate that, because the crafting updates Im having so much fun completing this time around ar worthless since camps from here on out suck ass.

I tried to rob the Valentine doc and failed. I mean I robbed him, but I guess there's something you need to do to bring up the rob back room option and I didnt know that. So I went back and now when I go in, my guns arent available. That's weird. I blew my only chance I guess.

Did you guys run across that cabin in the heartlands where the people were slaughtered in the house? That was fucked up lol

I got rolled in Saint Denis for over a grand. That sucked. I partly blame buc. Somewhere in this thread, a discussion was had that in a video I saw things I didnt encounter before and was told I had to do all of the white dot side missions. Well, I knew this guy was gonna rob me but I thought, well, do all the white dots. I soon discovered, that's one where you dont get to fight back lol I hope I find those assholes again.

Alligator story
This is seriously shit that can only happen to me.
So I decided to spend a day, maybe two in the marsh because I needed multiple boar pelts, a muskrat and a couple of alligator skins.
I get in to Saint Denis and head up to the marsh. I unknowingly waste a lot of time because Im in the wrong area, but I gravitate into gator territory which is fine but that Arabian is skittish as hell, all the time down here. I get me a 3 star, so a good start and lo and behold, I discovered the legendary boar. I wasn't counting on it, but ok, I track him for a long time and he steamrolls me once, but I got the bastard.
In to the night, I finally get a good muskrat. As I'm heading to town to hotel and stable my horse, I run across a boar and track his sorry ass for a while before nabbing him. Im thinking, this is great. One or two quick ones in the morning and Ill zip on home.
I stable my horse and was going to coach to the hotel/saloon but I quickly discovered thats only for town to town rides. Fuck.
So its pouring down rain and Im hell and gone from the saloon but what the hell, it'll still be a good day.
That's when I get thumped on the noggin.
Now I'm starting to become miffed.
I end up going to the saloon that has the funky hidden entrance and I couldn't find it and started for the other one.
By this time, it was morning so what the hell, Ill get Daisy and head back out, collect a boar or two and fly outta here.
As Im leaving, I get turned around somehow and am waltzing calmly through a manor, no biggie thus far (its the one over by the marsh)
So I accidentally bump in to some schmuck who has a problem and reports me for tresspassing. God I hate this piddly kinda shit, especially in this god awful town where there's no freaking room. Fine.
Im trying to find my way out and beat the wanted warning with my horse bumping in to every damn thing imaginable but finally I fin a little bit of room and in all the chaos we lunge out for the road. Only there is no road. It's a dead end in the marsh.
Oh yea, and there's an alligator right near by.
Remember my stupid jumpy horse? Well, she dumps me.
And before Arthur knows what the fuck, dinner is served.
You know what that means? I lost every single fucking pelt.
This is just so me.
After taking a break for a bit, I jump back in and think, well, I still have my legendary pelt somewhere and I can get the alligator back pretty easy. I think the muskrat is a satchel varmint, so we're good there. I just need those fracking boars. They are so damn hard for me to find, especially a 3 star one.
I finally get one, and get another alligator and am wanting one more boar because it's getting way late.
So as Im roaming around, a guy around the Blue Water Marsh is shot up coming down the road begging for help for his wife who's back a the cabin being accosted by two barons.
Now, You realize my anguish and frustration this far but I go to help. As Im nearing the place, a 3 star boar crosses my path and I detour cuz I have to have this fucker, seriously. Putting the lady on hold for a few, I track and tag my trophy.
As I get to the cabin, these two came out guns blazing so I take them down, go inside where Id heard this woman screaming for help and just as I get to her, she dies and I get a red tag. What the hell? lol
Uncool.

It gets better...wait....

By now, it's almost early morning and me n Daisy have decided to get the hell outta here now.
We come to this stupid little bridge I have to use. Now, I have an aversion to bridges that arent 75 feet wide because for whatever reason, me or my horse just cant navigate them. You know where this is going right?
I see beforehand, two gators as red dots on the scope. This is more than trouble because Im going to have to sprint across with this jittery mare.
Yea, we dont make it. She spooks and off I go.
Frantically, Im trying to get the hell outta here so I dont lose all these damn pelts yet again!
I make it! yes!!! Only....
Wait...where's...?
...Fuck!!
Alligator pelt in the water.
Why me?
You wanna laugh? I tried to lasso that bitch lol
I only see one gator now, so I shoot that bastard (a one star of course) and ease in to the water to try to pick this stupid thing up when I discover the other gator was still there. Flailing around for the life of my pelts Im punching this bastard and somehow get away. Gasping for air on the shore, I grab my rifle and peg this asshole too.
I scan and shoot at all the air bubbles around me to make freaking sure there are no more waiting for me.
Keep in mind, this was a very short bridge, it's all so stupid, but in I go and Im miraculously able to fetch the pelt.
Thank God.
After recalling Daisy, we hightail it to Rhodes via Fast Travel and you know what a short ride that is to camp, so, finally, it's all over.
Almost.

You recall a post or two earlier? When I said I know exactly when Im going to be ambushed? Always when I'm pelt heavy.
I'm so near camp when the Lemoyne raiders attack me (by running the dynamite laden cart in front of me,) exploding like the Fourth of July and of course, Daisy's sends me airborne because, fuck this I guess. I get shot up like a sonofabitch but am able to wrangle my horse and flee like hell.
There were just too many of them but Im okay now...I stop when I reach safety and check...boar pelts, check.
Alligator pelt?
Fuck!!

So guess what I'm doing tomorrow?

*EDIT TO ADD

One quick little benign story.
Guy on the road challenges me to a horse race. I accept, knowing I'll win easy.
Just at the finish line which is off the trail and up a hill, I dont know where we are, but just as we are getting close I detour because, trees. Well, not detour, but let off the gas if you will, so I dont get thrown.
In unbelievable tortoise and hare fashion, this guy comes out of nowhere to beat me by a literal nose.
He was hootin and hollerin and I mean, seriously, his arms raised in the air like he just scored the Game 7 OT winner.
I was so pissed off.
So I shot him in the head mid yee haw.

TheNorm

LOL...yep, that definitely seems only you. Wow lol
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on May 15, 2020, 10:49:35 AM
LOL...yep, that definitely seems only you. Wow lol

you cant say  dont get my money's worth lol

Crewe

So, Im out of the loop on games generally speaking and I dont know if this is a thing or not but it should be.
A Red Dead Redemption III centered on Jack as a bootlegger during the implementation and early years of prohibition.
It gives him time to age, Marston to settle in as a booze source and Jack running the day to day criminal enterprise while interspersing with the evolving .
New age, expand on modern towns and the previous two stories, how could this not be a thing?

Either that, or jump back to the Civil War era with the guerrilla raiders etc, now that would be awesome.
Shit, do em both!

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on May 15, 2020, 08:49:36 PM
So, Im out of the loop on games generally speaking and I dont know if this is a thing or not but it should be.
A Red Dead Redemption III centered on Jack as a bootlegger during the implementation and early years of prohibition.
It gives him time to age, Marston to settle in as a booze source and Jack running the day to day criminal enterprise while interspersing with the evolving .
New age, expand on modern towns and the previous two stories, how could this not be a thing?

Either that, or jump back to the Civil War era with the guerrilla raiders etc, now that would be awesome.
Shit, do em both!

Holy shit dude, that's an amazing idea. I'd love a 1920s Prohibition game from Rock Star (I think they MAY have some 1 back in the day, but that mightve been a knock off. I might actually be thinking about that shitty Godfather game)

TheNorm

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on May 15, 2020, 09:23:04 PM

Shit, do em both!

Holy shit dude, that's an amazing idea. I'd love a 1920s Prohibition game from Rock Star (I think they MAY have some 1 back in the day, but that mightve been a knock off. I might actually be thinking about that shitty Godfather game)

You could be thinking of that meh Godfather game, but only other one I can recall covering the Prohibition era was Mafia all the way back in 2002 on the PS2...and apparently that trilogy is also getting a remaster.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on May 15, 2020, 09:23:04 PM

Shit, do em both!

isn't it?
How could we get that idea to the right people?
Get on it  :D

Crewe

I have my camp fully outfitted and have all of the satchels and now Im ready to start the game lol
Im still on Chapter 2 and we are just now igniting the feud between the two families so I won't get to enjoy my camp for long, but it was fun to equip everything.
Im pretty much done hunting except for the legendary animals, but unless I decide to do the challenges.
Another note, even on a bad guy play through, Im still oddly enough, a good guy. Im beyond the dark grey in to the white of the morale meter.
Can I really be a prick? Time will tell...

Crewe

Im finding out, it takes quite a bit to be a bad guy (in the red) because Im kind of a jackass and Im still in the grey white. Maybe I'll rob a train, that sounds fun, and maybe shoot some folk too, I dunno.

I have to add some of these characters crack me up. I especially love the twin brothers that make you shoot the bottles of their head. I purposely killed one of them just to see what would happen, and nothing does, you just ge a restart checkpoint so that kinda sucks, but still fun.

Crewe

Any of you ever take out the O Driscoll faction at Hanging Dog Ranch?
I didnt do it my first run through, it was never an option for a mission.
This time, I had been hunting in the prairie across the way and strayed too close which allowed me to see the red dots as "enemies" but I dint know who they were exactly, and paid no mind. So I hunted for another day, left and went about my business.
I then came across a hunters challenge where I needed to skin three grizzly or black bears. hey, I know where to find one of those, in that "enemy" area.
Found one bear on the way so now only needed two..arrived to the spot, got another one quickly. I knew it needed to respawn so I was going to camp but it was so doggone early in the day...what to do? I didnt really ned any animals from this area.
Hey, Ill go scout that enemy ranch....and I did. They weren't too pleased with me showing up and threatened me so I quietly rode off.
There's a dead tree surround by high brush all alone about 100 yards or so from the ranch. It was just perfect. Nice fat tree to hide behind.
So I got there, pulled out my Springfield, lined em up in the scope and started picking them off.
There's quite a few and after the first wave of I couldn't get to the others so I planned my move up by clearing out that side of enemies, approached unscathed, wash rinse and repeat.
After I waxed most of them, the final two or three fled as I had them all boxed in the barn with a cocktail at the ready and I had already used dynamite on the front shed which was neato.
Lotsa good loot in there too, good bit of cash and goodies.
By the time I scavenged the dead and the entire ranch, I moseyed down the road, got my other bear and met the requirements for that hunters challenge.

I must say, that was probably one of the most fun instances in the game because it wasn't a linear mission, nor was it an option ala the white dot, nor was it like running up on a campsite of two or three guys. I decided to attack, had to strategize with no NPC's telling me Im doing it wrong (Dutch) and execute, and it wasn't a wham bam thing either, took a little time. Good stuff.

Other random notes: I wish! I wish I had utilized the incendiary shotgun, dynamite arrows and other fun weapons the first go round.
I forgot about the shotgun shells I loaded, rode in to an O Driscoll camp, fired once at the guy and ignited practically the entire camp lol
Reminded me of how I execute the Klan bums.
You know that animation when an enemy gets close and maybe takes you down but you get up, grab em by the scruff, put the gun under their chin and pull the trigger? Yea, I did that with one of those incendiary shells hahaha, that was awesome.
Im right at the gray red border now, I think I'm embracing this asshole Arthur a bit.

Saddle up pardner...