News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Penn State Bowl ban lifted

Started by rollntider, September 09, 2014, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11489258/ncaa-drops-postseason-ban-penn-state-nittany-lions

I hope those that covered up for Sandusky burn in hell. I hope Paterno had nothing to do with it.(cover up)

TheNorm

::)

Cool...now it's just a matter of time before USC gets the victories they forfeited from 2004 and 2005 back, and Reggie Bush gets his Heisman Trophy returned to him.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Bret

I am kind of split on this one.

On one hand, I would like the NCAA to stick by their original sanctions, and them going back on them now makes them look weak.

On the other hand, if Penn State has indeed made a good-faith effort to flush their toilet, and all the shit that had anything to do with this scandal in any way is now gone, then the sanctions don't really serve much benefit at this point.

And, sorry "Tider, but I can't envision any scenario where Paterno didn't know something was amiss. Even if he took the "I don't want to know" approach, it still contributed to the problem.

I couldn't believe some of the stuff that came out when that scandal broke. "I went to the AD when I saw what I saw"....asshole, if you see that, you don't tell the AD, YOU CALL THE COPS!!!

Crewe

What always baffled me was that McQu ..whatshisface said he witnessed an act in the shower....wh...whyy...wha....how....how in the THE hell do you see something like that and do nothing?
I always thought he was the worst of the bunch from what I read

Bret

Quote from: Crewe on September 12, 2014, 11:00:22 PM
What always baffled me was that McQu ..whatshisface said he witnessed an act in the shower....wh...whyy...wha....how....how in the THE hell do you see something like that and do nothing?
I always thought he was the worst of the bunch from what I read

Isn't he the guy who said he went to the AD?

Crewe

may have been, but even so; I understand wanting your job and all but for fucks sake man, when nothing is done, might you alert I dunno, the cops?

TheNorm

Not often I'll agree with this guy, but this pretty much covers my thoughts on the early parole.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014309130031

QuoteThose Penn State students celebrating as if they were in Times Square at 12:01 New Year's morning should be ashamed of themselves. They cheered the news that the NCAA granted the Nittany Lions early parole for its institutional negligence in harboring convicted child molester and former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky. Their uninhibited joy coming from a sense that the NCAA finally righted a wrong.

But the only ones wronged in this ugly scandal were Sandusky's victims.

Don't ever forget that.

Penn State wasn't exonerated this week. It forever will bear the stain of institutionally protecting a child molester. It's insulting suggesting that the students, fans and players were somehow innocent victims and didn't deserve the harsh punishments the NCAA rendered two years ago.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Bret

Quote from: TheNorm on September 13, 2014, 09:10:47 PM
Not often I'll agree with this guy, but this pretty much covers my thoughts on the early parole.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014309130031

QuoteThose Penn State students celebrating as if they were in Times Square at 12:01 New Year's morning should be ashamed of themselves. They cheered the news that the NCAA granted the Nittany Lions early parole for its institutional negligence in harboring convicted child molester and former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky. Their uninhibited joy coming from a sense that the NCAA finally righted a wrong.

But the only ones wronged in this ugly scandal were Sandusky's victims.

Don't ever forget that.

Penn State wasn't exonerated this week. It forever will bear the stain of institutionally protecting a child molester. It's insulting suggesting that the students, fans and players were somehow innocent victims and didn't deserve the harsh punishments the NCAA rendered two years ago.

I had not read that. But, now that I have...it is very difficult indeed to argue that point. For me, it is impossible. I have now chosen a side of the fence on this issue.

TheNorm

...and now, Joe Paterno is the winningest coach in NCAA history again.  ::)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12179571/joe-paterno-111-wins-were-vacated-restored

So only a matter of time before Reggie Bush gets his Heisman back, right? Or USC has their mNC restored?

QuoteRT @FauxPelini Add the restoration of his 111 wins to the list of things Joe Paterno never saw

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on January 16, 2015, 04:26:10 PM
...and now, Joe Paterno is the winningest coach in NCAA history again.  ::)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12179571/joe-paterno-111-wins-were-vacated-restored

So only a matter of time before Reggie Bush gets his Heisman back, right? Or USC has their mNC restored?

QuoteRT @FauxPelini Add the restoration of his 111 wins to the list of things Joe Paterno never saw

or those 8 times Auburn was put on probation never happened.

in 2011 this was not known, the man gets sick bad, goes through the scandal, dies, gets wins removed, and now reinstated.... So it never happened? which is it NCAA?

Crewe

I'm sure SMU would have appreciated similar leniency since their program was decimated to a degree to which they still haven't recovered.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 19, 2015, 02:17:49 PM
I'm sure SMU would have appreciated similar leniency since their program was decimated to a degree to which they still haven't recovered.

+1  I would agree.