News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Officially an Argos fan this season #CFL

Started by rollntider, May 26, 2015, 09:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

cflnut

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

cflnut

Here ya go tider.
QB Blake Sims Gets First Taste of CFL.

rollntider

thanks, he is one of my Favorite Bama QB's. He moved to every position the staff asked him to. When he asked to be QB the staff gave him a shot and he excelled at it. Did not bitch whine or moan. Was a team player. I hope he becomes the starter for the Argos before long. Dude is special.

rollntider

cflnut

Quote from: rollntider on May 30, 2015, 11:43:18 PM
thanks, he is one of my Favorite Bama QB's. He moved to every position the staff asked him to. When he asked to be QB the staff gave him a shot and he excelled at it. Did not bitch whine or moan. Was a team player. I hope he becomes the starter for the Argos before long. Dude is special.

He's got some tough competition going into training camp. The Argo's have 5 QB's listed, so hopefully he's a quick study, and they give him some meaningful playing time in the preseason to show off what he can do.

rollntider

cflnut

That's to bad.

Sounds to me like they didn't give him a fair chance.

rollntider

me neither, Oh well there is still Calgary, I think we have a LB there.

cflnut

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Roughriders+sign+former+Alabama+Blake+Sims/11263136/story.html

Looks like he's now with Saskatchewan. At least on the practice roster.

QuoteWith three young quarterbacks already in place, the Saskatchewan Roughriders have added another.

General manager Brendan Taman confirmed Monday the CFL team has signed former Alabama Crimson Tide pivot Blake Sims. The 23-year-old arrived in Regina on Monday and will be added to Saskatchewan's practice roster.

"He's a young guy who we wanted to develop," Taman said. "We could have gone with some guys who had some experience in the league, but we felt it was necessary to try to bring in another young guy and see how he compares to Keith (Price) and Tino (Sunseri)."

With veterans Darian Durant (Achilles tendon) and Kevin Glenn (pectoral muscle) on the six-game injured list, Saskatchewan started rookie Brett Smith on Friday against the host Edmonton Eskimos.

Smith played into the fourth quarter of the 30-5 loss before giving way to Sunseri. Price was the third-stringer.

Sims, who set an Alabama single-season record with 3,487 passing yards in 2014, signed with the Toronto Argonauts in late May. He was released by the Argos on June 7.

"He's got a little Darian Durant skill set in him," Taman said. "I'm not saying he's Darian, but he's got that ability to move around and throw well."

Durant is out for the season, but Glenn initially was expected to return relatively quickly. However, Taman reported that Glenn is having an issue getting his strength back, so he could be out for a while yet.

The same applies to linebacker Shea Emry, who suffered a neck injury in the opener.

With veterans out and with the team off to an 0-6 start, the Roughriders' staff can evaluate younger players.

"One of the things me and Corey (Chamblin, head coach) talk about is, 'Is there a young guy or two who need a chance to play soon?' '' Taman said. "We'll probably get to that, but it's always (balanced) with the fact that we want to win.

"We're not going to jeopardize the winning part of this just by experimenting."

rollntider

I saw that, hoping he can catch on. I really think he was a great QB, one of the best in the past 30 years.

cflnut

The CFL is known as a "quarterback's" league. As long as he can get use to the 12 man defence, and make all the throws they ask him too, then he should be fine.

rollntider

lets see. I think he gets overlooked because he is like 5'11''

cflnut

Height doesn't matter that much in the CFL, as long as you can play.