News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

XBox One Question

Started by Luggnutz, October 06, 2017, 12:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luggnutz

How can you go about playing on an Xbox One without internet ?
Problem exists where a friend of mine does not have internet at his house and has to use his cellphone wifi hotspot .
I set up his xbox one with my internet so it could download all updates during first time setup. Now the issue is when he puts a new game in the system, the game wants to update, and without good internet, its 20+ hours of waiting or it times out.
He wants to purchase a new game, but don't want the hassle of trying to update the game before he can play it.
Any tips or useful tricks welcomed.

Thanks

rollntider

Sakura

They say that you can do all these things on the Xbox One without an internet connection, but I remember my friend and I wanting to watch a movie at his house last year.  And it was a Blu-Ray so we had to use his Xbox One.  And as soon as we turned it on, it was like "hey I wanna check the internet for an update."  So we were like "cancel" and it just turned off.  So we turned it back on, went through this a couple times, then tried connecting and declining the update...  And it turned off.  Microsoft says that your Xbox One can work without an internet connection and without the latest update, but if that's true, I don't know how.  Maybe it's not such a pain in the ass anymore, though.  Just how I remember things.

rollntider

A buddy at work says he could not get it to work off line a few months ago. He was pissed because he was wanting to play while they were working on his internet for a week.