News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Deadwood (kickstarter)

Started by rollntider, March 06, 2015, 08:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Looks really good. I pledged for the $10 early bird.

New Link

Old Link

Sakura

QuoteDeadwood:The Forgotten Curse is an epic tale ..
Any game I see that ever uses the word epic in its own description is usually something to be avoided.  Approach this one with caution.

rollntider

eh... I pay that no mind, they are just hyping their game. I see it as I am helping a company get started and I get a video game out of it.

Speaking of which it has been green lit on steam. :woot:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamrollerstudios/deadwood-the-forgotten-curse/posts/1159298?ref=backer_project_update

rollntider

a few days left and they havent reached their goal. Just a bump for everyone.

Sakura

Holy crap, they're way under the goal.  I'm a bit surprised by this, I would have expected they'd blow through 65,000 easy considering how many crappy cut and paste fantasy RPGs get kickstarted.

rollntider

half way there... probably wont make it, but still pulling for Deadwood

Sakura

I just think about it, and I think they should have gone with Indiegogo, in fact, 9 times out of 10 I say "man, they'd be better off on Indiegogo" when I see a Kickstarter project.  Indiegogo doesn't have the "must gain full goal" thing, so in the event of a project like this where they're up to $33,000 instead of the full $65,000 they'd just end up paying twice the amount on their project (I think that'd be like $6,600 of all raised funds) but they'd get SOME of the money raised to help towards funding the project.  And Indiegogo doesn't have some silly stipulations on exclusivity like Kickstarter does.

With $26,428 they could have made a prototype game and sent it through project greenlight to sell as an early access title for the capital they didn't make in their Indiegogo project.  Instead they made a Kickstarter project, and now they'll get nothing.

rollntider

i dont do indiegogo for that reason.

THey cancelled the project and are restarting it the 14th

rollntider

rollntider

#Deadwoodcurse

The game is almost reached funding.

rollntider

BOOM

Funded and then some. I  am happy.  :woot:

Sakura

Quote from: rollntider on April 23, 2015, 02:21:20 AM
BOOM

Funded and then some. I  am happy.  :woot:

Hopefully it'll be good.

rollntider

For $10 , even if it is just ok, I am cool with it. I have spent far more for terrible games.

Sakura

Quote from: rollntider on April 25, 2015, 06:29:30 PM
For $10 , even if it is just ok, I am cool with it. I have spent far more for terrible games.

Thankfully I didn't buy GTA5.  ;D