News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Shadowrun series

Started by rollntider, January 24, 2017, 02:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Picked up Shadowrun Dragonfall for PC on a sale (I think 2.99)

The reason I picked it up is because I read it played like xcom and I loved Xcom.... and figured for 2.99 why the hell not. it has pretty good reviews about 80% across the board. I am not paying full price for Xcom 2 because i hear even though it is a good game, you can have an 80% to hit and still miss out of 5 shots.

Well at first I was turned off by the textual reading that was involved, I thought I will give a try, see how it goes and can always skip past most of the dialogue. Well I am hooked to the story. I keep playing to see what happens next. I will give a word of warning. There is one area I wished i had saved before doing the mission, because i would have liked to see what would happen if I do it a different way. Anyways played several scenarios out after the first choice is made and made a choice I think i can live with. I might play it out differently on another play through. Also will try a different class.

So far I am really enjoying this game much more than xcom.

Pros:
Story - yes its text heavy might as well read a book right? but it is an enjoyable read. No voice acting.
Action - love the turn based attacks took me a fight or two to get into the feel of it, but fun fun fun.
Leveling - I want to level everything up but they give you enough to level without overpowering your character. It really well balanced.
graphics - something about the way the game looks and feels like a comic novel. Very well done.

cons:
Controls - a little wierd I can click on a person to interact and I move next to them and nothing. I have to click again. But I click on doorway to open and it works. aggravating but not a deal breaker.
interface - its adequate and good, but it took a little while playing to get the feel of it. its not bad, not intuitive as other interfaces. Again not a deal breaker.

So far i would give this a 8.5 out of 10

I also bought the first one in the series to play after this one since it too was on sale.