News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

PlayStation 5

Started by TheNorm, June 11, 2020, 06:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

Had it in my cart 4 separate times today, hit check out, site froze, sold out. lol

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on November 12, 2020, 09:10:47 PM
Had it in my cart 4 separate times today, hit check out, site froze, sold out. lol

Same. Supposedly the actual Playstation site will have them tomorrow

Crewe

You can buy from the PS site? Or am I thinking of the Sony site?

I imagine it will be the same kind of experience dont you?

Rigg44

So far the Ps5 is great. 0 load times with decent graphical upgrades Mk ije all launch titles most are ps4.5 next year will be the real wow games, maybe summer.

Crewe

Quote from: Rigg44 on November 19, 2020, 04:53:28 PM
So far the Ps5 is great. 0 load times with decent graphical upgrades Mk ije all launch titles most are ps4.5 next year will be the real wow games, maybe summer.

I was all the way to place order, twice and had it ripped away from me lol
Hell with it, I dont even want it now ;-)

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on November 19, 2020, 05:36:31 PM
Quote from: Rigg44 on November 19, 2020, 04:53:28 PM

I was all the way to place order, twice and had it ripped away from me lol
Hell with it, I dont even want it now ;-)

Same. Had the laptop, Chrome on the phone plus the Walmart app all ready to go (even had the PS5 in my cart from last try), but no dice.

Meanwhile, kiddo's arrived and he's enjoying it. He already upgraded his PS4 Miles Morales to the PS5 version, said it was pretty easy to do.

Crewe

yea, I see that after I bought SM PS4, there's a PS5 icon which I guess you click and it upgrades.

I was thinking yesterday that I really wouldnt use it all that much, I mean I guess my PS4 games could be played on it so there's that, but as for new games, Im thinking now that COD isnt worth based on what I read and Cyberpunk may be the only I'd buy for quite some time.

That plus the fact this thing just stands up? You cant lay it flat?
Aside from it being disgustingly butt white, I have to deal with placement issues because it cant lay flat?
Cmon Sony, wtf?

Rigg44

Quote from: Crewe on November 20, 2020, 11:17:03 AM
yea, I see that after I bought SM PS4, there's a PS5 icon which I guess you click and it upgrades.

I was thinking yesterday that I really wouldnt use it all that much, I mean I guess my PS4 games could be played on it so there's that, but as for new games, Im thinking now that COD isnt worth based on what I read and Cyberpunk may be the only I'd buy for quite some time.

Aside from it being disgustingly butt white, I have to deal with placement issues because it cant lay flat?
Cmon Sony, wtf?

Just to clarify it can be laid flat. It comes with a stand that allows for either.

BojackHorsefella

Cmon Sony, wtf?

Yeah, based on what kiddo told me it sounds like the only "annoying" part is moving the save over from PS4, sounds like he had to use a USB drive. Otherwise, seems pretty straight forward.

And yeah, as far as games go, I definitely want Cyberpunk, but I can wait. I have my eyes on that Deathloop game, the trailers sold me on it, I just hope the actual gameplay holds up.

Crewe

Quote from: Rigg44 on November 20, 2020, 12:01:28 PM

Cmon Sony, wtf?

Just to clarify it can be laid flat. It comes with a stand that allows for either.

oh good *whew* lol

I would only transfer SM (if I elect to play it again) and MLB, but all of that is moot because I don't own one.
I did see they are going for $1700 on Amazon LOL
If I was able to buy one, I might just sell it straight away for that kind of profit, holy shit.
I could buy one next spring with $1300 left in the bank. Sunday britches

TheNorm

Might just be me but I think the color looks amazing...nice change of pace.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

So it seems there is still no scheduled release. Anyone know if there will be, at some point?

BojackHorsefella

I basically stopped paying attention. I figure at some point it'll just be available like a normal console, and that's when I'll get it.

I did the same thing with the PS4. I genuinely wasn't planning on buying it, it came out in Nov, 2013, I bought it for my son (on Father's Day?) in June the following year. So, I'm anticipating I'll own a PS5 no later than June.

Crewe

That sounds like my path as well.
Theres no games for it right now anyway so I don't know why I'm so concerned lol

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on January 15, 2021, 02:07:10 PM
That sounds like my path as well.
Theres no games for it right now anyway so I don't know why I'm so concerned lol

I'd like to play Miles Morales with all the PS5 upgrades, ray-tracing, etc, but yeah, not bad enough I'm scratching myself raw or anything, haha. "Got anymore of those PS5s?"