News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Official 2014 NFL Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, September 07, 2014, 10:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

I agree with ya, except, I thought we might have a chance to pull it out. I got used to winning :)

Crewe

rollntider

Crewe

As much as I rail on JJ, I have to say I think he is a good owner. I don't question his love and respect for his coaches, players and brand and he seems to treat them all really well.
Now that stadium is atrocious so I guess thats an owner thing I don't agree with but overall, owner yes, GM, well, we all now the answer to that...

thaima1shu

Flying out today to head to KC for the Chiefs vs. Seahawks. Should be fun! And cold.

TheNorm

Quote from: thaima1shu on November 14, 2014, 03:38:58 PM
Flying out today to head to KC for the Chiefs vs. Seahawks. Should be fun! And cold.

Sorry you didn't get to see a victory, buddy.

And sheesh, the way some Lions fans freaked out in this town after the loss you'd think the Lions have been perennial contenders.  ::)
Here's the good: the defense is legit. Gave up a couple of quick scores early but shut them down the rest of the night. Bad news is, the offense couldn't score more than 6 points, and hasn't looked all that great this season. They pick that up, they'll be fine-figure a loss to the Pats this Sunday (no shame in that at Foxboro), but then every game is winnable including the finale at Lambeau. Finishing 12-4 with a sweep of Green Bay wins the division.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

thaima1shu

Quote from: TheNorm on November 18, 2014, 07:56:15 PM
Sorry you didn't get to see a victory, buddy.

And sheesh, the way some Lions fans freaked out in this town after the loss you'd think the Lions have been perennial contenders.  ::)
Here's the good: the defense is legit. Gave up a couple of quick scores early but shut them down the rest of the night. Bad news is, the offense couldn't score more than 6 points, and hasn't looked all that great this season. They pick that up, they'll be fine-figure a loss to the Pats this Sunday (no shame in that at Foxboro), but then every game is winnable including the finale at Lambeau. Finishing 12-4 with a sweep of Green Bay wins the division.

Yeah that definitely sucked, but it's all good. Wish I could say it was still a fun trip but can't say that I really enjoyed my time there haha.

Lions are gonna be fine. The Cardinals are playing incredibly well this year. I'm expecting the Seahawks to take another home loss this week against them.

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

So...we can pretty much assume that the NFL will flex the Lions/Packers game to Sunday night on the 28th, since they're actually good teams (still feels weird typing that out about the Lions) and they're playing for the division...right? I mean, they could flex the Panthers/Falcons since that game will also decide that division, although the NFC South is a dumpster fire.  :P

rollntider

Did i flash back to the mid 90's? Cowboys win the division??? Awesome!!!!  And they did it by winning

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on December 21, 2014, 08:33:56 PM
Did i flash back to the mid 90's? Cowboys win the division??? Awesome!!!!  And they did it by winning

It'll be nice not having our lives depend on week 17 for a change.
However, Im still not buying in to this team having a deep playoff run and here's why.
Defense.
I know I know, they have played superb this year, considering how many second, third and fourth string guys we have starting, not to mention guys who weren't even in the league anymore, and Marinelli deserves a ton of credit for that. He makes guys play better.But you're going to run into top tier offenses in the playoffs and I know, we beat Seattle in Seattle, great feat indeed, but they can't play over their head every game and I think they will get caught. Not their fault, they just don't have the talent, yet.
Also, the offense can't keep tearing everyone up every game. You see what Philly did to our run game. Murray still almost had 100 which is not a bad game by any means, but if a team stifles that in the playoffs, sure we can still pass and put up some points, but enough to support the D?
Not to be a downer, but I just don't see this defense being able to keep up this long. I hope they do though.

OT, I am so happy that Linehan calls run plays! I'm an old school guy, I love the running game. The hell with 50 passes a game. run it 35-40 times a game.
Eat 7-10 minutes up with each drive, even if you don't score.  I laugh at Philly and their quick pace...look how that turned out for you. Wore your D down to the nub, getting their asses kicked all year long.
Nice goin college guy.

Id like to add that there's fewer Christmas gifts better than knocking the Eagles out of the playoffs.....again  lol

Crewe

Btw...
I know the rules are the rules but it's time to change them. No sub 500 teams in the playoffs.
Yea you won your division, but your division sucks.
If you win your division at 7-9, then you go home and the spot is awarded to the highest WC team and you let in a 3rd WC team.

rollntider

Former Alabama and Dallas Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain's house burned. Fire to be thought suspicious http://www.al.com/news/tuscaloosa/index.ssf/2014/12/fire_that_gutted_rolando_mccla.html

thaima1shu

Quote from: Crewe on December 21, 2014, 11:32:56 PM
Btw...
I know the rules are the rules but it's time to change them. No sub 500 teams in the playoffs.
Yea you won your division, but your division sucks.
If you win your division at 7-9, then you go home and the spot is awarded to the highest WC team and you let in a 3rd WC team.

Hey but if it wasn't for a 7-9 team being in the playoffs, we'd have never gotten to witness one of the greatest runs in the history of the NFL by Beast Mode! Haha