News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Top 5 Thread

Started by TheNorm, July 30, 2017, 07:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

yea, figured this would stall out, but in the interest of progress, Ill toss out the elephant in the room, the
4 New England Patriots.

Kraft is a haughty and self righteous and Brady is a system quarterback who would fail under any other coach. Belichick is a proven cheater who probably still engages in nefarious activities. Tom Brady is a protected pretty boy who is the only QB Ive ever seen who can demand a flag be thrown by a ref and it actually happens....
This is the anthem I typically hear.
People just love to see winners fall, me included. I loved being hated in the 90's with the Cowboys and now Im on the outside with the patriots now....although it hasn't bothered me so much in years since I really dont enjoy football much anymore until everyone agrees on the rues.
And I'll add, regardless of what I or anyone thinks of Belichick, I will always and forever support his logical approach to press conferences, making these so called journalists actually have to come up with a substantial question with his brevity.
Honestly, who couldn't ask these stupid questions and write two paragraphs about it?

BojackHorsefella

Alright, I'll finish it up then with another Boston team (this would've been funnier had Norm gone with the Celtics. Just...Boston can burn, basically).

5. Boston Red Sox

For years, they whined about the Yankees, how they always won, how they "bought their championships," all of that nonsense, and for what? What was Aaron Boone's salary, exactly, when he sent them home in the ALCS? What were the Yankees paying Grady Little and Pedro Martinez, when the one left the other in the game too long in 2003? Hell, what were the Yankees paying Buckner when he missed the play at first?

And, how did they overcome all this? Well, by bloating up their payroll too, signing big name free agents and basically abandoning their farm system, much as the Yankees had done for so long too. If you can't beat them, copy their gameplan to victory, I guess. Everyone's tired of the Red Sox, though. East coast bias for the underdogs, perpetual runners-up. Yeah, I know, they came back in '04 from 3-0 down, that was really impressive, cool story man. If you're going to keep comparing your team to the Yankees, though, because you want to feel all big, bad and important, I'm going to need you to get at least 20 World Series championships and a legacy of hitters and pitchers nearly as prolific. It's cute they think they matter, though.

Fenway is pretty cool, though. Too bad it's located where it is with all it's "hella" douchebag asshole fans.

TheNorm

Lol, they're both two East Coast teams with annoying accents and douchebag fans  ;)
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on October 16, 2018, 01:29:36 PM
Lol, they're both two East Coast teams with annoying accents and douchebag fans  ;)

Jokes on you: I have no accent :P

TheNorm

Slightly different take on the Top 5 Thread but:

Describe your musical tastes in five bands...or less:

Have some fun with it.  :popcorn:
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on October 18, 2018, 05:18:55 AM

Led Zepplin
NWA
Nirvana
Weezer
Ben Folds

Rigg44

1. Kiss
2. Megadeath
3. Neil Diamond
4. Johnny Cash
5. NWA

BojackHorsefella

1. Marilyn Manson
2. Kanye West
3. Catfish and the Bottlemen
4. The Front Bottoms
5. The National

Crewe

damn, this is seemingly impossible but Ill try

Hendrix
Cash
Howlin Wolf
Stones
White Stripes

Ask me tomorrow and something might change

BojackHorsefella

Stealing this from Norm, basically:

Describe your movie tastes in 5 movies:

There Will Be Blood
The Dark Knight
Big Trouble in Little China
In the Mouth of Madness
National Lampoon's Vacation

Crewe

This seemingly can't be done either, but Ill try

Ill avoid duplication...

Smokey and the Bandit
Steel Magnolias
Goodfellas
12 Angry Men
T2
Chinatown

BojackHorsefella

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on October 31, 2018, 05:17:38 PM
Quote from: Crewe on October 31, 2018, 05:05:34 PM
Ill avoid duplication...

It was Vacation, wasn't it?

and quite possibly Big Trouble and Dark Knight  :D

TheNorm

Movies:

Scott Pilgrim v. the World
Big Hero 6
Inception
Inside Out
North by Northwest

...and since I never answered my own question about musical tastes:

Prince
Michael Jackson
NWA
Dave Brubeck Quartet
The Eagles

Like Crewe, you could ask me this tomorrow and something might change.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on November 01, 2018, 12:24:42 AM
Movies:

Scott Pilgrim v. the World
Big Hero 6
Inception
Inside Out
North by Northwest

...and since I never answered my own question about musical tastes:

Prince
Michael Jackson
NWA
Dave Brubeck Quartet
The Eagles

Like Crewe, you could ask me this tomorrow and something might change.

the Dude would like a word....