UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by Crewe, October 01, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

TheNorm

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on April 17, 2020, 05:06:31 PM
As long as we're on the topic of random encounters, Norm, did you ever encounter the lone lady in the upper northeast cabin, in the final chapter before the epilogue? It became very important to me to help her out in my good playthrough, and it was interesting going back there in the epilogue. Think I may just not swing by that way in my evil playthrough.......

YES! That was seriously one of my favorite parts in the entire story. I really got invested in that one for some reason.

One thing I didn't run in to barely if at all: the bounty hunters. Even when I had particularly large bounties hanging over me, I didn't have a single skirmish. I'd read stories about how the higher the bounties the more difficult they could be but nothing.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on April 17, 2020, 06:10:17 PM
Quote from: BojackHorsefella on April 17, 2020, 05:06:31 PM
As long as we're on the topic of random encounters, Norm, did you ever encounter the lone lady in the upper northeast cabin, in the final chapter before the epilogue? It became very important to me to help her out in my good playthrough, and it was interesting going back there in the epilogue. Think I may just not swing by that way in my evil playthrough.......

YES! That was seriously one of my favorite parts in the entire story. I really got invested in that one for some reason.

One thing I didn't run in to barely if at all: the bounty hunters. Even when I had particularly large bounties hanging over me, I didn't have a single skirmish. I'd read stories about how the higher the bounties the more difficult they could be but nothing.

Oh screw those guys. When I started may evil playthrough I was like "I'm never paying bounties." Those fuckers messed up enough of my legendary hunts that I was finally like "Screw it, I'm not keeping these bounties anymore."

Granted, since I wasn't paying them they really mounted up (especially after the Micah mission), but yeah. So annoying.

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on April 17, 2020, 05:27:24 PM
Quote from: Crewe on April 17, 2020, 05:07:39 PM
Quote from: TheNorm on April 17, 2020, 04:20:43 PM
What'd I do? Lol

LOL the health icon and camp questions

What am I, chopped liver? :P

haha! Ive completely lost my mind lol For whatever reason, I thought you were norm there.
So hey, thanks!!  :D

BojackHorsefella

I have most certainly been called worse in my life.  ;D

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on April 17, 2020, 09:29:40 PM

probably by me lol

So ive discovered hunting regular game is pretty pointless; deer, rabbit, duck etc.
Apparently just the big game matter, the legendary stuff, so I have to figure all that out. I see the legendary map, but cant figure it out, so, off to YT I go.

I was browsing my tasks etc and dear lord, I have so many requests from camp members, I dont even know where the hell to look. I guess I jus stumble on them throughout the story.
And then I saw all these treasure maps I have....geez.
And at Person's tent, crafting upgrades...Im nowhere even close to that stuff. All I can do at a campfire is cook meat one way and split ammo.
I've got a lifetime to go in this game.

BojackHorsefella

I could think of far worse things to do in quarantine than play RDR2. Maybe I'll pick my game back up. Honestly, the online mode kinda sucks but it might be fun to play one night.

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on April 18, 2020, 01:33:55 AM
I could think of far worse things to do in quarantine than play RDR2. Maybe I'll pick my game back up. Honestly, the online mode kinda sucks but it might be fun to play one night.

Wasn't so much a complaint as it was a realization of how I haven't even scratched the surface apparently and Ive been playing a few hours a day since I purchased it.
Also, I have no idea where all this stuff is located lol
I get the feeling that when I finish the story, that will probably only comprise 50% completion

TheNorm

Completely dependent on who you ask tbh  :P

I honestly don't remember how much was at completion when I hit the epilogues but you may be close to right Crewe. Another thing worth mentioning: some of these encounters that pop up have a certain timeframe. Like your main missions always have the letter circled in yellow on the map, those ones will always be there to advance the story. But the ones with the letter framed in a white circle? Those I believe disappear after a certain time. Just throwing that out there in case I Bojack didn't mention it (it's probably somewhere in this thread lol).
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on April 18, 2020, 11:10:34 AM

Completely dependent on who you ask tbh  :P

I honestly don't remember how much was at completion when I hit the epilogues but you may be close to right Crewe. Another thing worth mentioning: some of these encounters that pop up have a certain timeframe. Like your main missions always have the letter circled in yellow on the map, those ones will always be there to advance the story. But the ones with the letter framed in a white circle? Those I believe disappear after a certain time. Just throwing that out there in case I Bojack didn't mention it (it's probably somewhere in this thread lol).

haha, oh come now  :D

thats a good tip norm, thanks

*edit - after posting, I had to go back and look and make sure it was in fact, norm lol
Y'all should be worried about me....

Crewe

Just hit the Valentine bank. I feel there's no reason to play on now that I'm flush with cash  :popcorn:

btw, how come Arthur is always so adamant that the "camp gets its cut" but the amount is always the same?

So, I want to go backhand rob the doctor in Valentine, but will I get b :popcorn:ad character points for that?
I find it ironic that trying to be a "good guy" while robbing banks and killing innocent people. But as long as its part of the story, you dont get Inge, but rewards.
In any event, anyone know if I should rob doc? Maybe I should just go bad. Is there any real difference, other than you have to constantly pay off bounties I imagine.

TheNorm

I've got some exes and former friends/work colleagues you can ask lol  ;D

And yeah, I can't remember anything about that as far as robbing doc goes. Also definitely some plot armor there as far as killing goes in regards to good guy/robbing banks/innocents, but I thought you got dinged a little killing a bystander regardless, whether it was part of the story or not? My playthrough I always tried to avoid civilians in the crossfire in story battles, but occasionally I hit one anyway and thought I got punished for it.

Like I said though, been awhile since I've played so I might just be imagining it.

Crewe

I think you are right about innocents in crossfire during story acts.
Btw I just re read my previous post, what the hell with the all the typos and emoticons?
I need to pay attention to my input lol

I might research it before I hit the doc because I think Ill try to stay a good guy, kinda.
When you hit down on the d pad and it gives you the time of day, location and your progress bar of good / evil, I almost to the lighter gray area.
Not sure where I should be though lol
I found out you get dinged for looting a guy who was already dead when I found him him ;-)

Crewe

So help me out here.
I went out exploring new areas north of Annesburg and found a great spot near a waterfall for hunting and fishing. Decided to stay there all day and pick up some pelt and game.
As I understand it, your turn those items in to Person and he can craft items for you. I had previously thought you kept these things to use for your own crafting.
So anyway this area is loaded with herbs, deer, elk and fish.

You can skip this part if you want as its a story of my troubles which demonstrates my luck.
Poor Elk pelt, kept it anyway. Later, made a perfect Elk killing, replaced old pelt as you can only carry one.
Camped out, head home net morning, ran into a den of cougars who killed me, lost my pelt.
Fuck!
Returned to area, hunted again, got a poor coyote kill, poor deer kill and finally another perfect elk kill, yay.
As I was walking across the river to camp, the water became too deep, forcing me to swim eat which point I lost my pelt.
Fuck! Again.
Spent an unreasonable amount of time trying to retrieve it because if I was lucky enough to "pick up" the pelt, I immediately had to use my arms to swim because I was right at the apex of the deep water and off goes the pelt again.
So Im deciding if I should hunt another when I am finally able to get this damn thing out.
After safely returning to camp, I catch some fish again and hunt small game because I have no rom for big game, and turn in for the night after crafting every bit of ammo and cleaning every weapon because I have time now lol

The next morning Im returning to the camp hideout, avoiding the cougar den. I am able to get a clean kill on a fox, first one Ive seen.
I help a guy out by killing wolves attacking him for which he was a thankless ass. Grabbed a poor white wolf pelt and continued on home.
Now here's the problem, I get to camp, hitch Rosco and head over to Person. I unload the game, the wolf pelt and the fox pelt and then that's all I have to donate as far as pelts go. Wtf?
I go back to my horse to see if I have to carry the elk pelt in to him, but no, it's not there.
What the ever loving frack?
Anyone have any idea what happened?

Id like to know before I take a game days travel out there to do it all over again.

Also, do pelts have to be perfect to give to him for crafting?

And another q, if you take items from the camp, medical, ammo and the like, you aren't charged right? That's all camp funds? I haven't taken anything yet.

Oh and one other. Anyone run across that crazy butcher gang up by Annesburg? I wandered iin to say high, fella pulled me off my horse then there were a dozen around me and beat me to death lol. I marked em cuz I want to go back and get revenge.
Also found another gang hideout just north of them, but I only spotted two guys. I was going to hit them but I was afraid if I did, a dozen more would come storming out of unseen areas.

If you read the whole post, thanks for marveling at my shortcomings. Share yours so Im not alone lol

TheNorm

You legit might have the worst luck ever in this game lol.

As for the hunting stuff, Buc might be the person to ask...sorry!