News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Do You Remember.....

Started by BojackHorsefella, September 18, 2018, 05:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on January 22, 2020, 01:25:33 PM
Yeah. I sneak onto Facebook from time to time, just to see what some of my friends are up to (the ones who aren't also on IG, anyway). It's amazing how I see some of my friends go out on their way posting on random facebook pages and responding to randoms who disagree with their point of view. How much time do you spend a day arguing solely for the sake of arguing on social media? Why? What's the fucking purpose?

But, yeah, I don't miss it. I thought I would, and yeah, having IG helps a bit. It's still owned by Facebook and that sucks, but at least my feed is pretty much just photos of landscapes, pets and my friends/family. No bloat.

Twitter I've severely reduced to only following like, literally 5 people, and still things seep through, or I find myself looking at trending topics, which is always a shit show and further deepens my disappointment in humanity. Ah well though.

I was never on MaddenMania, I was on MaddenPlanet though before BSB. I got banned by Andy over there at some point, but I couldn't tell you why (I think I spoke up when he went on a mass banning spree, but who even knows anymore).

As Fonzie would say, exactamundo!

I agree about IG, my feed is shit like Cheech and Chong :D
Boy, I do not look at what's trending on Twitter unless Im in, or want to be in a rotten freakin mood. I loved Twitter because it allowed me to forego the "sports journalist" and bullshit like ESPN by following beat writers and the like, and less bloated news sources like the AP, but now, just cant stomach it.
If not for guys like John Cleese, Steve Martin etc, Id be off Twitter by now too.
I'm paring down my feed, but I dont think Ill get it petulant free.

TheNorm

Honored to see I haven't pissed either one of you off yet. 🤣
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 22, 2020, 10:40:48 PM

Lol if you haven't by now, I just don't see it happening, unless it's for spite, but that ain't you  :D

BojackHorsefella

I think I may have ticked you off way back in my first go round, I think I trolled you after a Michigan loss or something, but it's a foggy memory at best. We usually align on the divisive stuff, which is basically politics and movies in this place, haha.

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on January 22, 2020, 11:36:13 PM

I think I may have ticked you off way back in my first go round, I think I trolled you after a Michigan loss or something, but it's a foggy memory at best. We usually align on the divisive stuff, which is basically politics and movies in this place, haha.

Take your absurd movie likes and .... wait, we kinda like the same stuff too.... nevermind  :D

Rigg44

This place is like a time capsule in many ways.  I wish the Tuff league stuff was still around to look at .  for the most part its all chillio but occasionally I express my opinion and the temp rises a little ;)

Crewe

Quote from: Rigg44 on January 23, 2020, 03:07:06 PM
This place is like a time capsule in many ways.  I wish the Tuff league stuff was still around to look at .  for the most part its all chillio but occasionally I express my opinion and the temp rises a little ;)

yea it kinda since is, especially since we dont have any teenage angst roaming the boards lol

yea but, its always respectful, i.e., no name calling etc. I get that we can all be kinda forceful with our opinions, especially give the climate today, but I never felt it was close to getting out of hand :-)

BojackHorsefella

Oh man, even if we didn't have a new league, just to go back through the TUFF archives, the photoshopped magazine covers, all the little content everyone created around the league would just be absolutely tremendous. Nowadays the closest I get is staring at my one owners trophy, haha. My one winning season!

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on January 23, 2020, 03:17:31 PM

Oh man, even if we didn't have a new league, just to go back through the TUFF archives, the photoshopped magazine covers, all the little content everyone created around the league would just be absolutely tremendous. Nowadays the closest I get is staring at my one owners trophy, haha. My one winning season!

more than I had lol
Only triumph I had was beating that asshole, concussion  :D

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on January 23, 2020, 03:19:02 PM
Quote from: BojackHorsefella on January 23, 2020, 03:17:31 PM

Hey, at least you didn't trade away Tommy Brickster, though.

more than I had lol
Only triumph I had was beating that asshole, concussion  :D

TheNorm

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on January 22, 2020, 11:36:13 PM

It probably was, but in hindsight something I shouldn't have let bother me in the first place...maturity, hindsight, all that shit lol. It's funny looking back at some of the things we let set us off back then and realizing just how trivial a lot of it was (of course, you could say that about real life too).
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Man, all you guys mentioning the TUFF stuff...was just thinking about that the other week too. Wish all that stuff was archived. I still have my trophy from the Chicago Skyline Championship season of 2007-08, but the files of that are all on a PC I've long since let go of.

Crewe

When you said that about an old PC, I just thought of ungodly amount of DVD's and even some floppy disks that I destroyed when I moved last year.
Good lord did I really need all that crap? lol Obviously not now since I toasted it all.

Crewe

Remember when you used to do nothing while at the red light?
Maybe fiddle with the radio, or swap tapes out, talk to the guys/girls in other cars in the intersection.
I miss that.

bigbaldben