News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Official 2018 College/Pro Pick 'em Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 26, 2018, 09:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thaima1shu

Been a hectic back half of December, so I completely spaced on these. Looks like it'll be a tight finish down the stretch though!

rollntider

Spotlight Game: #1 Alabama v. #2 Clemson

NFL
Indianapolis @ Houston
Seattle @ Dallas
Los Angeles  @ Baltimore
Philadelphia @ Chicago

BojackHorsefella

Just a programming note:

As far as I can tell, Norm is the only one who submitted all of his picks in time. Based on the kick-off times listed in ESPN's Gamecast, Rigg and CFL's picks for:

#18 Mississippi State v. Iowa
#11 LSU v. #8 UCF
#14 Kentucky v. #12 Penn State

Are all disqualified, with CFL additionally losing out on his pick for:

#9 Washington v. #6 Ohio State

As his post was 45 minutes after kick-off, according to Gamecast.

If I'm wrong about any of this, please let me know.

BojackHorsefella

I thought Bama was going to win but picked Clemson to differentiate from Tider and get some points back. Good thing.

TheNorm

Only one with my picks in on time and I'm still probably gonna finish last for the week. 🤣🤣🤣
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

2019 Divisional Round (Earliest Game Saturday, 1/12/19 at 4:30pm ET

Indianapolis @ Kansas City
Dallas @ LA Rams
Philadelphia @ New Orleans
Spotlight Game: LA Chargers @ New England
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: Bucfever on January 08, 2019, 12:01:33 AM
I thought Bama was going to win but picked Clemson to differentiate from Tider and get some points back. Good thing.

Good choice it turns out, congrats to your Clemson Tigers you guys earned it.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on January 08, 2019, 11:47:58 AM

Haha, as much as I'd like to jump on the bandwagon, I cannot claim them. I am team-less. Closest I get is Michigan just because of the NCAA video game and all those years facing my buddy who used USC.

BojackHorsefella

Dallas @ LA Rams

Rigg44

Dallas @ LA Rams

rollntider

Quote from: Bucfever on January 08, 2019, 11:49:24 AM
Quote from: rollntider on January 08, 2019, 11:47:58 AM

Haha, as much as I'd like to jump on the bandwagon, I cannot claim them. I am team-less. Closest I get is Michigan just because of the NCAA video game and all those years facing my buddy who used USC.

Why did I think you were a clemson fan? Oh well. Congrats to the Clemson fans.

rollntider

Dallas @ LA Rams

BojackHorsefella

Latest scores for a rough week:

Tider - 123 total, 14/20 spotlight (3 points this week)

CFL - 120 total, 12/20 spotlight (1 total points this week)

Rigg - 120 total, 14/20 spotlight (3 points this week)

Buc - 120 total, 14/20 spotlight (4 points this week)

Norm - 106 total, 11/20 spotlight (3 points this week)

Thai - 96 total, 8/20 spotlight (0 points this week, no picks submitted)

Crewe - 82 total, 8/20 spotlight (0 points this week, no picks submitted)

TheNorm

Dallas @ LA Rams
[/quote]

cflnut

Dallas @ LA Rams
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.