News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

It Has Begun - The Official 2019 College/Pro Pick'em Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 26, 2019, 11:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

"IT HAS BEGUN" (Imagine Shang Tsung Mortal Kombat gif here)

Welcome back to year two, and if you're new, welcome here as well! This will be the official thread for picks this season. The rules:

1. Each week will be a selection of 10 games, evenly split between college and pro. In weeks when one or the other is not in session, 10 games will made available from the active league.

2. Each game will be worth one point, with the exception of the Spotlight Game, which will be worth two points.

3. Picks must be highlighted in bold. Picks for each game are due before the kickoff of that game. Picks can also be changed up until that time as well. Not really worried about any of you going back and changing picks, so cheers to all of you.  :thumbsup:

4. I will update scores each week...but I am human and make mistakes from time to time, so if your score and mine doesn't match let me know. Official standings will also be updated in this first post.

5. First tiebreaker is percentage of picks made correctly. Second tiebreaker is score adjusted without the extra spotlight game point. 

6. Winner will receive a PS4/XB1/Switch game of their choice (standard edition, nothing super rare either lol).

Questions? Concerns? Comments? Now's the time to ask.

Good luck!

Overall Standings (through Week 21)

1. tastyfish - 142
2. Norm - 138
3. Bojack - 133
4. Crewe - 131
5. tider - 118
6. rigg - 116
7. swany - 103
8. Wadleydawg - 51

Spotlight Game Wins (through Week 20)

Crewe - 15/22
tastyfish - 15/222
Norm - 15/22
Bojack - 14/22
tider - 12/22
swany - 11/22
rigg - 11/22
Wadleydawg - 4/12
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Why wait? Let's get this party started.

Week 1 (Earliest game begins Saturday, August 31 @ 12pm ET)

Indiana State @ Kansas
Ole Miss @ Memphis
Eastern Michigan @ Coastal Carolina
South Carolina @ North Carolina
Northwestern @ #25 Stanford

Virginia Tech @ Boston College
Illinois State @ Northern Illinois
Boise State @ Florida State
Virginia @ Pittsburgh
Spotlight Game: #11 Oregon @ #16 Auburn
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on August 26, 2019, 11:04:04 AM
3. Picks must be highlighted in bold. Picks for each game are due before the kickoff of that game. Picks can also be changed up until that time as well. Not really worried about any of you going back and changing picks, so cheers to all of you.  :thumbsup:

CREWE

BojackHorsefella

Indiana State @ Kansas
Ole Miss @ Memphis
Eastern Michigan @ Coastal Carolina - do we...do we bet on this Norm?

Virginia @ Pittsburgh

TheNorm

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on August 26, 2019, 05:05:31 PM

LOL why

Rigg44

Indiana State @ Kansas
Ole Miss @ Memphis

Virginia @ Pittsburgh

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on August 27, 2019, 12:03:21 AM
Quote from: BojackHorsefella on August 26, 2019, 05:05:31 PM

LOL why

I dunno, you live in Michigan, I dropped out of Coastal.............I got nothing.

swany

Indiana State @ Kansas
Ole Miss @ Memphis

Virginia @ Pittsburgh

rollntider

Indiana State @ Kansas
Ole Miss @ Memphis

Virginia @ Pittsburgh

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on August 26, 2019, 05:04:21 PM
Quote from: TheNorm on August 26, 2019, 11:04:04 AM

CREWE

Are you referring to my tact of giving everyone a game lead each week? ;-)

Indiana State @ Kansas
Ole Miss @ Memphis

Virginia @ Pittsburgh

TheNorm

FYI, Boise State v. Florida State moved from 7pm to 12pm ET.

tastyfish

Indiana State @ Kansas
Ole Miss @ Memphis

Virginia@ Pittsburgh

TheNorm

Indiana State @ Kansas
Ole Miss @ Memphis

Virginia @ Pittsburgh
Spotlight Game: #11 Oregon @ #16 Auburn (The Pac-12 is hot garbage, and that's the only reason I'm picking Auburn here)

Wadleydawg

Indiana State@ Kansas
Ole Miss @ Memphis

Virginia @ Pittsburgh
[/quote]

Wadleydawg

By the way I'm in the same clan as Tasty, Rigg and Swany GL on the season Go Dawgs!!!!