News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Grand Theft Auto V

Started by TheNorm, July 22, 2014, 08:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

A little over 10 months later, and what was once unthinkable is now fairly close to reality: I'm actually going to finish the main storyline in a Grand Theft Auto game.  :o

This game has been pretty fun and enjoyable, and the characters are all great. Trevor is hilarious. Haven't even ventured online with this game, and I've gotten way more than my $$ worth. Fantastic Rockstar game-still might not top Red Dead Redemption for me, but really f'ing good.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Crewe

Am I THE ONLY guy that didnt like Red Dead Redemption?
If GTA is not up to that, then I think Ill pass....

Bret

Quote from: Crewe on July 23, 2014, 11:15:59 PM

Rollntider, I think something is wrong with the database again. Crewe's message looks as if he didn't like Red Dead Redemption. That can't be right, so maybe you can take a look at the forum software or something...

As to GTAV. I played it for a while. With a game like that, I like to get emotionally invested in one character. I didn't like how GTAV kept switching back and forth between protagonists. I stopped playing last October when I moved into my new house, and I just haven't got back into it yet.

TheNorm

I'm guessing that YES, you are the only one that didn't like RDR.  :P
Different strokes, different folks, all that jazz. If you liked GTA IV, I personally think you'll like this one even better.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Bret

Concerning RDR, I'm going to make what seems like a bold statement, but I've had four years to think this over so I'm confident in what I'm about to say...

Regardless of the year/era, platform, or genre, RDR is, in my opinion, the best video game made...ever.

Quote from: TheNorm on July 24, 2014, 02:55:14 PM

I'm guessing that YES, you are the only one that didn't like RDR.  :P
Different strokes, different folks, all that jazz. If you liked GTA IV, I personally think you'll like this one even better.

Crewe

lol its not the software I assure you.

Its not that I hated it, I just didnt see the draw (pun alert!) of the game.
The genre was much needed, and still is in my mind, but I guess I just didnt give it a fair chance?
I dunno, I was just sorta meh about it.

TheNorm

And...done. This story was amazing, and I absolutely loved it-lots of fun and I highly recommend it. Side missions are a treat, too.

Now to venture and see about giving online a chance...

bigbaldben

Look me up Norm.  I bought it last week. Almost done with the story but willing to co-op on the trophies.

bigbaldben

Didn't we name it BSB Game of the Year when we started doing those tournaments?

bigbaldben

Finished the story a couple nights ago.  Not sure how I felt about being in control of a complete psychopath like Trevor, especially the one scene.  Playing Spec Ops the line right before GTA was probably not a good move.  But definitely good to see continued innovation in this series.  The heists were fun to put together and pull off, even the Merriweather one ( grumble grumble ).

TheNorm

The Merriweather job was an absolute...well, you know. And I did add you, just haven't been online playing much lately.

bigbaldben

No problemo.  I've just been running around the city blowin' s*** up.   ;D

Sakura

I didn't really like it much either, so not the only person.  I find that Rockstar games in general, I just can't be bothered with.

bigbaldben

Quote from: Sakura on August 24, 2014, 03:45:48 AM

I didn't really like it much either, so not the only person.  I find that Rockstar games in general, I just can't be bothered with.

You know, lady Sakura, I've been wondering about testing different genres.  What do you like to play?  Or more to the point, what do you think would be a good game to introduce an action/shooter/RPG-lite gamer like myself to something different?