Started by TheNorm, February 05, 2018, 08:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on February 27, 2018, 10:53:44 AM
Whats shaking norm?

All four cheeks and a couple a chins

---Norm, Cheers

And since Im thinking about it...
Women. Cant live with em, pass the beer nuts.

---Norm, Cheers

Its a dog eat dog world and I am wearing milk bone underwear. - Norm

TheNorm

Just had a feeling I was going to see a Norm quote here somewhere.  8)

Day 23
A show (old or new) that you plan on watching

There are so many shows I've got saved up on Netflix and Hulu I haven't watched yet like a good portion of the Marvel Netflix stuff, Handmaid's Tale, The Man in the High Castle...but ultimately I'm going with one that just started tonight.

Unsolved: The Murders of Tupac and the Notorious BIG, USA Network. First episode looked promising and I loved 2Pac when he was around...didn't get into BIG until later but that kid had some talent too.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

lol Im glad we didnt disappoint.

I dont really hue a show I plan on watching, thats kinda the problem for me.
Right now Im into Six Feet Under because of Bucs suggestions so thats one I wasn't planning on. That count?

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Atlanta. Heard great things, can't seem to find an easy way to view season one before season two begins.

rollntider

TheNorm

Day 24
Most shocking season finale

24, Season 1: 11pm - 12am - The show had some pretty awesome twists (along with some goofy ones) throughout the rollercoaster first season, but nothing would prepare anyone for the end of this one.

Honorable mention (it's my list lol): Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 2: Becoming - apparently I like seasons that end in a way you don't expect...this was one of my favorites.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on February 28, 2018, 11:58:40 PM
Day 24

24, Season 1: 11pm - 12am - The show had some pretty awesome twists (along with some goofy ones) throughout the rollercoaster first season, but nothing would prepare anyone for the end of this one.

Honorable mention (it's my list lol): Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 2: Becoming - apparently I like seasons that end in a way you don't expect...this was one of my favorites.

Did you plan that, day 24...and 24? 😏
I agree with this choice. But I could also offer up Rita's death in Dexter.
Could maybe consider Tara's demise in SOA, but I feel that was done to try to save the show because it was trending low for me at that point. However, seeing Peg Bundy and Maggie Siff throw down was epic.

BojackHorsefella

That's a great choice on Dexter, and I think I'm going to use that one Crewe.

I'm sure if I had a better memory (or gave myself more time), I could probably find one from Sopranos or Boardwalk Empire or Breaking Bad or Mad Men. But yeah, that Dexter one is definitely up there. I doubt anyone saw that coming.

Crewe

yea it was certainly a good one.
For the Sopranos, Id think Whitecaps, but Ive referenced it a few times here, plus I dont think it qualifies as "shocking"

rollntider

Day 24

Battlestar Galactica, shocking cause it was so bad. Took the shine off of a good series.

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on March 01, 2018, 08:17:27 PM

Day 24

Battlestar Galactica, shocking cause it was so bad. Took the shine off of a good series.

LOL...oddly enough I still haven't watched the last season.

TheNorm

Day 25
Best pilot episode

So many to choose from: ER, Archer, Friday Night Lights, 24, The Sopranos, Firefly, Homicide: Life on the Street, The Wire, The Walking Dead...but can only choose one. Days Gone Bye from TWD was almost my first choice, but only one pilot drew me in even more...

Battlestar Galactica - the 2003 reboot, obviously, and one of the best pilots ever.

Crewe

24 was tops for sure.
However, Im going with Homeland.
The Shield has to be up there as well.

BojackHorsefella

As much as I love the pilot for Six Feet Under, I will not choose it.

I kind of want to go either Breaking Bad or Mad Men. But I'm going to go in a very different direction.

This show came out in, I think, 2001 and I thought it looked like the dumbest piece of garbage in the world. I gave it a chance when it aired, though, and like most of the country I was extremely entertained by the antics of one SpongeBob SquarePants.

Still love this show, even if it went to crap. The two movies are both incredibly funny though.