News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2016 College Football Thread

Started by rollntider, January 26, 2016, 10:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

When a school tries to cover up rape and protect the rapists, then the school has overstepped its bounds, its worse than lack of institutional control.

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on May 27, 2016, 09:27:31 PM
When a school tries to cover up rape and protect the rapists, then the school has overstepped its bounds, its worse than lack of institutional control.

This this this, so much this. So I naturally expect the NCAA to punish Ole Miss more than I expect them to punish Baylor.  >:(
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I agree and hope it didn't seem I was supporting anything less

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on May 29, 2016, 05:44:28 PM
Quote from: rollntider on May 27, 2016, 09:27:31 PM

This this this, so much this. So I naturally expect the NCAA to punish Ole Miss more than I expect them to punish Baylor.  >:(

I hope both get hammered for their involvements.

If I was in charge, Baylor would get the death penalty 5 years.  If they want their program to participate in the NCAA again they have to show where they paid restitution to the victims and provided scholarships to women of 85 each year for 5 years.

The Big 12 should eliminate Baylor from any title consideration for conference titles for 5 years, if they dont outright kick them out of the big 12. Also no money from the playoffs/tv of any sports.

Ole miss should not be allowed to sign more than 15 players a year for 5 years, and a 5 year post season ban. No post season revenue from the bowls and have half of their TV revenue forfeited to make a wish foundation or a animal shelter or cancer research.

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/mbpRivals/status/739465092291387392

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is the least surprising thing in the world
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

thats just....well, par for the course in today's world

rollntider

rollntider

word on the inter tubes that Briles may just get a 1 year suspension. The NCAA needs to bring the death penalty now. 5 years.

Crewe

Yea a 1 year won't happen. Or shouldn't.
I read it was unsubstantiated rumor

Crewe

Personally I think this was a great move by Briles, and honestly, Baylor was tipping their hand.  I still want to have faith Briles didn't cover up a rape or protect a rapist.
As for Starr, and Baylor, fuck them. Hate it for the team though.
I see Baylor grads all the time in my field and of course they hate the scandal, but talking to them, they are proud of the Baylor they know, but you can't get away from the eye roll

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/apnewsbreak-fired-coach-art-briles-lambastes-baylor

rollntider

Briles supported that culture down there. He is the head coach, they get all the glory and deserve all the blame. If he did not know that is negligence on his part. There should be a show cause on him by the NCAA.

Crewe

there's much more grey than that, but I get it, coach needs to burn and all that, but I'm just not ready to dump it all on him. Appears to me the University had a much heavier hand in everything. Was it at Briles request to protect football? Was it the university protecting its cash cow all on its own?
I mean Baylor is doing exactly what you want, setting the coach up for all of it and I just think that's absurd.
I'm not well versed in every bona fide fact so I don't know everything Briles did or didn't do or said.
This is like gunman on the grassy knoll

rollntider

Michigan and Notre Dame renew series, thank God.

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on July 08, 2016, 01:38:37 AM
Michigan and Notre Dame renew series, thank God.

...at the expense of Michigan/Arkansas, and I'm fine with that. I'm not fine with ND somehow ending up playing host first, meaning in 2018 Michigan's road schedule consists of ND, MSU, and ohio State.

And sorry Coach Bielema, as much as I love football I can't think of any football matchup as 'just sexy'. Especially a matchup with Arkansas. :D

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/07/bret_bielema_says_michigan-ark.html

rollntider

Would have liked to see UM vs Ark... but ND Mich is more important.

Also hate to see its only a 2 year thing.

Come on ND, quit being a whiny butt and play UM on a regular basis.