The 2020 Song A Day Thread

Started by TheNorm, January 17, 2020, 11:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rigg44

I used to love they might be giants

Here is one of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo0X77OBJUg

Crewe

out of all of my other choices, this turned out to be the first song Ive learned on guitar

TheNorm

Quote from: Rigg44 on April 17, 2020, 03:27:17 PM

Heh, the first time I'd ever heard that song was on Tiny Toon Adventures and I loved it.
And Crewe that's a good song choice to learn!
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on April 18, 2020, 11:14:32 AM
Quote from: Rigg44 on April 17, 2020, 03:27:17 PM

Heh, the first time I'd ever heard that song was on Tiny Toon Adventures and I loved it.
And Crewe that's a good song choice to learn!

yea, but as I noted I had others I wanted to learn, but this one just fit my ability while all the others are on hold till I improve lol

TheNorm

This may go on for awhile.

Pete Rock & CL Smooth - They Reminisce Over You

https://youtu.be/BONgL61snlM
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on April 18, 2020, 12:19:45 PM

yea, but as I noted I had others I wanted to learn, but this one just fit my ability while all the others are on hold till I improve lol

I get it. Been wanting to learn the bassline from Rio by Duran Duran for almost 10 years now and I'm still nowhere close lol

Crewe

haha that doesn't give me a lot of hope lol

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on April 19, 2020, 01:04:19 PM
haha that doesn't give me a lot of hope lol

Lol to be fair it's a really f'ing difficult bassline and up to recently I haven't practiced as much over the last few years.

Crewe

I haven't either. I get frustrated too easily then just throw the f'in thing down and walk away lol

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on April 19, 2020, 04:31:37 PM
I haven't either. I get frustrated too easily then just throw the f'in thing down and walk away lol

Have you seen the deal on Fender Play? Free 3 months if you sign up by tomorrow? I know you've got lessons already I think I've heard you mention, but this might be a good supplement too. For me it's a nice welcome jump back into it. :)

https://play-support.fender.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041201531-3-Months-of-Free-Lessons-Offer-FAQs

Crewe

Ill look at it, thanks norm!

norm?

ok, just checking, thanks norm lol

Crewe

I like the original version although Tia Carerra's is good too

Rigg44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHkojuUSDO8

Terrible video great song.  The video is taken from the movie they did "Kiss meets the Phantom of the Park" which was BAD.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on April 26, 2020, 05:36:01 PM
I like the original version although Tia Carerra's is good too

I liked both also

Rigg44

I am not a country fan but a good song is a good song.  You can feel the emotion in the song being poured into it by Patty Loveless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n57WBtvtC4