News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Guess the Year

Started by BojackHorsefella, January 23, 2019, 04:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

I was going to say 94 because Marcus Allen and Emmit Smith. But will trust Crewe on this and go with 95.

TheNorm

Fairly certain it's 95 as well, pretty sure Rashan Salaam's rookie year was that one. So what Crewe said, 1995.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Rigg44

I am guessing 95 as well

BojackHorsefella

Yeah it's 95.............

*grumble grumble*

BojackHorsefella

Divisions, locations, all accurate to the year.

These are not necessarily starters at their positions (although most are), but these ARE the players, for each team, who had the most fumbles in this particular season. The Jets had a competition to see who could win, apparently.

Warren Moon – QB – HOU
Paul McDonald - QB – CLE
Frank Pollard – FB -PIT
Mike Martin/Boomer Esiason – PR/QB - CIN

Steve DeBerg – QB – TB
Tommy Kramer – QB – MIN
Gary Danielson – QB – DET
Matt Suhey – FB – CHI
Lynn Dickey – QB - GB

John Elway – QB – DEN
Dave Krieg – QB – SEA
Marc Wilson – QB – LAR
Lionel James – KR/PR- SD
Todd Blackledge – QB - KC

Eric Dickerson – RB – LAR
Wendell Tyler – RB – SF
Gerald Riggs – RB – ATL
Richard Todd – QB - NO

Tony Dorsett – RB – DAL
Neil Lomax – QB – STL
Phil Simms – QB – NYG
Joe Theismann – QB – WAS
Ron Jaworski – QB - PHI

Joe Ferguson – QB – BUF
Tony Eason – QB – NE
Dan Marino – QB – MIA
Curtis Dickey – RB – IND
Pat Ryan/Freeman McNeil/Ken O'Brien – QB/RB/QB - NYJ

Crewe

Crewe

Man, some names in there I hadn't heard in a long while, I still remember though lol

This is tough.
So I know Tony D had some fumble issues but can't recall it being a huge problem or which year he might have led.
Warren Moon doesn't help too much, but same issue, don't remember him having big issues with the ball.
Dave Krieg I absolut recall having fumble-itis, but again, not sure which year it might be although it narrows it down a bit as does Ron Jaworski.
I'm going to say 1985 because we know its after Marino and Elway and my recollection that RJ retired after 86 I think because he was hurt for a good while.....as a Cowboys fan you lock in to those things ;-)
Many of these guys played in the late 70's, early 80's which really threw me, but Marino and Elway tell me its beyond 83.
Id believe just about any year from 83 on but Im sticking with 85 and this is just a guess.

BojackHorsefella

For what it's worth, not that it'll help at all (at least...I don't think it will?) but apparently Warren Moon has the 2nd most career fumbles behind Brett Favre.

I'll also add, because I don't think it's actually helpful: that career fumbles list is entirely QBs from 1-27. #28, the first non-QB? Tony Dorsett.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on March 19, 2019, 02:28:48 PM
For what it's worth, not that it'll help at all (at least...I don't think it will?) but apparently Warren Moon has the 2nd most career fumbles behind Brett Favre.

I'll also add, because I don't think it's actually helpful: that career fumbles list is entirely QBs from 1-27. #28, the first non-QB? Tony Dorsett.

huh, well, can't trust my recall after all lol

Rigg44

I almost agreed with Crew and I probably should but Thiesman being on the list makes me say 84.  He didn't finish the 85 season so I am going to say 84.

rollntider

Richard Todd (Bama QB) only played in NO for 2 years. At first I was going to say 87 or 88 and I remembered he only played in NO in 84 and 85. So I am going 84

TheNorm

Meh, I'll say 84. I think Danielson was gone from the Lions by then but I could be off by a year.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

3/4 this time got it....right! 1984 it was. Rigg with the inside track on Theismann on this one.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on March 22, 2019, 01:01:46 PM
3/4 this time got it....right! 1984 it was. Rigg with the inside track on Theismann on this one.

can't win em all lol

rollntider

I cheated, I followed Rigg's lead this time. LOL