News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by Crewe, October 01, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Yeah, I'm grinding through it, pretty sure I only have a few missions left in the main story. Let's just say NBA 2K19 consumed my playing time for months...but also I kinda got bored with this for a bit. Happened with the first one too. Just hit a point where I felt nothing was advancing as far as story goes, got bored with hunting, and that was that.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on May 13, 2019, 09:36:53 PM
Yeah, I'm grinding through it, pretty sure I only have a few missions left in the main story. Let's just say NBA 2K19 consumed my playing time for months...but also I kinda got bored with this for a bit. Happened with the first one too. Just hit a point where I felt nothing was advancing as far as story goes, got bored with hunting, and that was that.

I have no way to know, but instincts tell me Id feel that way too, which is odd since Absolutely LOVE the western genre

TheNorm

Nothing wrong with leaving a game then coming back. I always knew I'd come back (the story is that good), just sometimes I need a break or in this case something shinier caught my eye.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on May 13, 2019, 09:47:19 PM
Nothing wrong with leaving a game then coming back. I always knew I'd come back (the story is that good), just sometimes I need a break or in this case something shinier caught my eye.

10-4

BojackHorsefella

I blew through my first playthrough. I did all the side missions and all the legendary animals, but that was about it. Played Lawful and was fully maxed out at the end.

Second playthrough I was doing everything. All of the Challenges, Legendary Fish, ALL of it before I got derailed. Plus I was playing Unlawful which makes some of the Challenges a lot easier to do.

TheNorm

Quick thought near what I'm assuming is close to the end of the game...

Spoiler
I'm going to be slightly disappointed if I don't see Micah meet his end. There's nothing I want more in this game than for Arthur to put a bullet in this fool's skull lol.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on May 14, 2019, 12:07:52 AM
Quick thought near what I'm assuming is close to the end of the game...

Spoiler
I'm going to be slightly disappointed if I don't see Micah meet his end. There's nothing I want more in this game than for Arthur to put a bullet in this fool's skull lol.

;)

TheNorm

Finished the main story, now on to the Epilogues.

TheNorm

Damn these epilogues are long. Still working through the first one...

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on May 16, 2019, 10:28:58 AM

They are, but, it's worth it.

Crewe

Looked at this the other day, its still $60? Yea, no thanks

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 22, 2020, 08:51:05 PM
Looked at this the other day, its still $60? Yea, no thanks

This goes on sale fairly often so I'd wait lol, even though I have zero regrets paying full price for it.

I still need to finish that second epilogue lol

TheNorm

Quote from: TheNorm on May 16, 2019, 10:28:58 AM

Here we are on March 24 (well 25th now but was the 24th) and I finally finished through that second epilogue. Only let three full seasons roll through before I finished it lol. Satisfied.

Crewe

nice when you accomplish a daunting task

Crewe

I see this on sale. Worth it?
I was kinda hoping to pick up the last modern warfare, which is more my style, but Im curious about this one. I played the first one for a while.
I hear this one is really boring like setting up camp and having to walk here and there to do mundane tasks like kill and cook food etc. Im sure its overblown by some eight year olds, so what you think?