News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2015 NFL Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 08, 2015, 06:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Hey, might as well start this thread off with a brawl that took place in a joint practice session between the Houston Texans and the team from Washington.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13400390/washington-redskins-houston-texans-brawl-joint-practice
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

I know it's just preseason, and it's against the Jets...but Ameer Abdullah has got some great acceleration.

https://vine.co/v/edxDdWt1Apr

rollntider

yeah i didnt get him in my work fantasy league... I was hoping too :(

TheNorm

Eli Manning wants to become the NFL's highest paid player with next contract. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha what? No, this isn't an Onion or Sportspickle article.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/13461312/eli-manning-wants-become-nfl-highest-paid-player-next-contract-report

STFU Eli, you're not even the most talented QB in your own damn family.

rollntider

TheNorm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13477898/robert-griffin-iii-washington-redskins-leaves-game-early-due-injury

The Lions first string D owned RGIII (and they were without Haloti Ngata and a couple of others). Guy can't even make it out of the preseason without getting hurt.

TheNorm

More injury news, with a really big impact on the Pack and the Steelers. Rodgers primary target Jordy Nelson is most likely done for the year, and All-Pro Steelers Center Maurkice Pouncey will need ankle surgery.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13495603/jordy-nelson-green-bay-packers-injures-knee-preseason-game

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13495504/maurkice-pouncey-pittsburgh-steelers-likely-needs-ankle-surgery

The league needs to pull a TUFF and limit preseason games to two.

rollntider

2 preseason games I think is right for the NFL unless they do the first 2 games all scrubs to try to give them a shot at the game.

TheNorm

Hey, the Lions welcomed former Tide RB T.J. Yeldon to the NFL last night.  :P

https://vine.co/v/eIZw3Lx5PtP

And no way in hell was that a TD like they ruled it...kid got stuffed and fumbled the ball.

TheNorm

Hey, Seahawks DE Frank Clark (Michigan) punched someone again...at least it wasn't his girlfriend this time.

http://deadspin.com/frank-clark-keeps-punching-people-and-this-time-its-phi-1727572674

Crewe

rollntider