Day 6
Most Relaxing Game

Cities Skylines

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on April 22, 2018, 09:53:59 PM
Day 5
Favorite Sports Game

NCAA 2012 Football

This was the one with Reggie Bush on the cover, right? My buddy Josh and I used to play against each other all the time, him with USC and me with Michigan. The bastard beat me in what would end up being the #1 "ESPN Classic" game, so every time that screen came up it's like he was mocking me.

rollntider

Mark Ingram, it was the last year where they "required online"

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on April 22, 2018, 10:43:54 PM
Mark Ingram, it was the last year where they "required online"

I'm an idiot sometimes, how could I have possibly thought Reggie Bush was on the cover of a 2012 game.

BojackHorsefella

Day 7 - Most Impressive Worldbuilding

So, whether it's the seemingly neverending streets of GTA, the post apocalypse ruins of Fallout or maybe you just want to live in Super Mario RPG's expanded layout of Mario's world, what game world has impressed you most?

Me, I'm going to choose Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Maybe it's a tad dated, but Bioware proving you can make a Star Wars game with no Skywalker's or Solos while also exploring everyday life for ordinary people at each planet you come to, this finally felt like a grand Star Wars adventure. So cool and always a joy to go back to.

cflnut

Day 6 - Most Impressive Worldbuilding

Star Was: KOTOR was (and still is) a very impressive world build. However since since Buc already took it I'll go with another Bioware game. Dragon Age: Origins.

This game shows that you don't need the vast open world (Fallout, GTA) type of RPG in order to have a very immersive world. Along with the six different starting points, three other key things stick out for me with this DA:O. The isolationist nature of the Dwarf's, and their total misunderstanding of the outside world. Amusing that should you leave the underground that you would fall up into the sky is the biggest one.

The other thing I liked about DA:O is how they took some normal stereo types and turned them around. Elves for example were not the best and brightest of the races, such as with Tolkien, or most other fantasy worlds. No in this elves were treated like dirt, enslaved and blamed for the near destruction of the world. hence the persecution and prejudice towards the Elves. It's not just racial prejudice that they dealt with but prejudice from their own kind the Dalish elves hated the City Elves, stating that they are not being true to their own nature.

There is also the treatment of magic users. in DA:O they are treated as if magic is some kind of a plague that needs to be stamped out, or at the very least controlled. DA:O play's with the notion that magic users are easy to be corrupted, due to their connection to the Fade, making them easy targets for demons.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

Crewe

Day 6
Ive limited experience here so Ill go with GTA V. Only others Ive played that might be considered close are The Last of Us and the. Drake uncharted series.

BojackHorsefella

I was somewhat expecting you might use Read Dead or Last of Us.

Crewe

you were on it lol I just remembered GTA being a bit more expansive than TLOU

rollntider

I remember being impressed with  The legend of Zelda on SNES. That game got me into RPGs and been loving them since. I was impressed with the world layout how you could not access levels until something was found.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: rollntider on April 23, 2018, 04:43:03 PM

I remember being impressed with  The legend of Zelda on SNES. That game got me into RPGs and been loving them since. I was impressed with the world layout how you could not access levels until something was found.

How did I forget Hyrule in my introduction?!

rollntider

Quote from: Bucfever on April 23, 2018, 05:42:08 PM
Quote from: rollntider on April 23, 2018, 04:43:03 PM

How did I forget Hyrule in my introduction?!
2 situps for failure. :D

BojackHorsefella

Day 8 - World You'd Actually Want to Live In

Hyrule and Mushroom Kingdom are constantly under attack. Kirby's Dreamland seems nice but then you have to worry about King Dedede. Grand Theft Auto has some amazing vistas but, you know...the crime.

So, what's a world that's impressive to you that you'd also want to live in? Maybe you don't mind the risks of roving goombas in the Mushroom Kingdom. Hell, maybe you enjoy the peace and tranquility of a post apocalyptic wasteland like Fallout (just, you know, stay close to your vault then I guess).

For me, I don't think I'd mind living in the quiet valley of Stardew Valley. It's peaceful, there's transportation back to the city, and maybe if I became a grand enough farmer, they'd listen to me when I asked for a movie theater.

cflnut

Because I've always wanted to ride or slay a dragon, I'm going with Tamriel from the Elder Scrolls series.

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: cflnut on April 24, 2018, 12:39:05 PM

Because I've always wanted to ride or slay a dragon, I'm going with Tamriel from the Elder Scrolls series.

I only have confidence that I'd be eaten by dragons if I lived in a world inhabited by them, so cheers to you for the bold pick.