News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

PlayStation Classic

Started by BojackHorsefella, September 19, 2018, 06:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

https://kotaku.com/sony-just-announced-the-99-playstation-classic-console-1829159574

On the one hand, meh. On the other, they'll probably have this hacked in a week's time and then you'll be able to add whatever games you want, and in THAT case...maybe. Just maybe.

I don't even know what I'd want on here. Obviously FF7 since I've never played it. I'd take Twisted Metal 1 and 2. I hear Chrono Cross is great although I've never played it. I'd take Crash Bandicoot 1-3 (even though I own the HD remaster). Metal Gear Solid, absolutely. Jet Moto, sure, why not. I never played Parappa the Rapper but always heard it was good (did that need extra peripherals?) I know it won't come on it but I'd love to have NFL Xtreme again. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 would be nice.

I dunno. What other Playstation games were good? I feel like my collection back in the day wasn't very much. Didn't own (or even play) any of the RE or Silent Hill games.

TheNorm

My brother still has the fat PS3, so I can play the original PS1 games on that-still have NHL Open Ice and FF7. The Syphon Filter series was pretty badass, I enjoyed that. Tekken was fun, and I'm sure at least one of those will end up on there. Played the hell out of the NCAA games on there.

I always loved the point in the original Playstation's life cycle when it couldn't read the discs as well so we had to flip it over to have it play the game. Good times.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr