News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2020 College Season thread

Started by rollntider, October 13, 2020, 07:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

TheNorm

Penn State/Indiana shaping up to be one hell of a finish.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I doubt Penn would think so now...

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on October 25, 2020, 01:27:06 AM
I doubt Penn would think so now...

The last few seasons Indiana has been called a trap game for teams, including Michigan. There comes a point where they can't be considered a trap game anymore, but just yet another tough dogfight. Hoosiers did that, and snapped a losing streak to AP Top 10 teams that dated all the way back to...1986 or 87 I think?

Joe Milton from Michigan is going to be special for the next couple seasons, I think.

Crewe

TheNorm

There's absolutely zero excuse for Michigan losing that game...none. Harbaugh's 3-3 record against MSU is a bigger indictment of his time at Michigan than 0-5 against Ohio State. The Wolverines had been favored in every single game against the Spartans. Sure, 2015 State needed a miracle.

But these two teams have trended in opposite directions since in both record and recruitment, and last year (a 44-10 beatdown) should've been a sign of things to come for the next little bit.

24 point favorites and they absolutely got out-executed and out-coached by a guy that started real late and didn't even get to set eyes on his team until late this summer. Ridiculous. That simply can't happen when you're making close to Saban and Dabo money; the return on investment isn't there.

Do I think the athletic department and AD will fire him? No. They won't have the guts to fire someone that still recruits well and has consistently done well...but he's not paid to do well, he's paid to win championships. And not lose to outmatched rivals at home. When you recruit that kind of talent (top in the B1G after Ohio State, who-let's face it-is on one hell of a historic run for them), this isn't satisfactory.

His contract is up after next season and I hope they really take a look at what they're paying him.

Crewe

I know it's your alma mater and I like Michigan too, but Im not a fan of JH and never have been, so if things dont go his way... :popcorn:

Texas/OSU was a great game. Texas had so many opportunities to win that game and just couldn't get it done, until it mattered.
Always glad to see an Oklahoma team crash n burn.

TheNorm

Yeah, it's entertaining that Clemson lost in double OT to Notre Dame. But also curious to see how soon their season gets shutdown after their fans (hey Indiana: what the FUCK) decided to rush the field.

People are fucking stupid.

TheNorm

I don't know what the answer is for Michigan at this point...do I think Harbaugh has some fight left in him? Yeah, more than likely. But if he can't transmit that fire or urgency to his players, then that's a big problem. Like I said a couple weeks ago, I don't think he gets fired (still recruits well, and the student athletes perform in the classroom up to that Michigan standard...say what you want but that's important to the University President and AD). But I can see him leaving on his own. That's the most realistic scenario IMO.

I also think this season probably won't finish out for anyone (geez, who knew that playing a sport like this one during a pandemic would be a dangerous and foolhardy idea).

Other random thought: if you'd have told me a month ago that after four games the Detroit Lions would have more wins than the Nittany Lions, I'd have laughed at you. Losing to woeful Nebraska and that chump Scott Frost is about as low as it can get.

Crewe

I never liked Harbaugh, but I do like Michigan so this is kind of a bittersweet thing for me lol

I still can't believe football is being played and that fans are let in the stadiums.
It was great how the NHL locked everything down in the playoffs but you cant realistically go an entire season in that manner I dont believe.

TheNorm

I've got thoughts about Michigan, and maybe someday down the line I'll put them down but for now it's simply this: time for Jim Harbaugh to go.

Crewe

Watching LSU Florida and I am loving the use of the zip line camera in the middle of the field.
Ive seen them do this occasionally in the NFL and just long for it to be the main cam but no luck.
Im guessing they are doing this because of the fog in this game? Whatever the reason, I love it and hope it stays.
I cant imagine a football fan not loving this view

TheNorm

I enjoyed that view for the little bit I watched of it. Helluva FG to make by the LSU considering the conditions, too.

Really dumb penalty by Florida to take but also not the sole reason they lost.  8)

rollntider

So proud of Bama beating osus ass. I think osu sold out for revenge against clemson, left the tank empty for bama.

I will say they had the hardest hitting defense i saw this year.

Florida probably had one of the best offenses. But cousin Eddie... I mean Dan mullen I think prepped for bama the week they played LSU. I hate lsu and  allowed them to win.

I think next year aggies will probably win the sec and play for the natty. I am curious if Bama will be back next year. I think we will be good but losing half the heisman vote getters will not be easy.