News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The 2019 College Football Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, July 21, 2019, 10:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

not sure how I feel about student athletes getting paid, but if it brings back NCAA, Im all in

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on November 06, 2019, 11:13:04 AM
https://twitter.com/ItsAntWright/status/1192104378632744960

agreed, I watched him go from an afternoon talk show host to ESPN and the only way he did it was having his callers scream at each other. The man knows 0 about sports. He stirs the pot every chance he gets, he is the howard stern of sports but without the humor and class. Danny Kannell tried so hard to be him that he lost his spot at ESPN.

rollntider

https://twitter.com/Inside_FSU/status/1192118650741899266

just an FYI Saban's buyout to leave for another team is 0 dollars, but if he is fired he gets bought out. BTW that is satire, but the FSU faithful are kinda giddy. Also Tallahassee is a dump.

TheNorm

I don't think this game's over by any means, but Joe Burrow and LSU came to play today. Holy shit.

Crewe

I always say if its a big game, 9 out of 10 times LSU will blow it. I lost count, but figured this was the tenth time.

Despite Alabama fatigue, they always show up and the game is never over with them, its entertaining as hell.
The LSU bench almost cost them this game though...distracting their defense on that long bomb TD in the second, causing a delay of game on the 4th and 1 and another instance escapes me, but damn, gotta correct that shit. Oh yea, and get a defense would ya? Jeez.

Texas had a good game too although I feel dirty pulling for them but I really do like Herman, even though he left my Cougars high n dry but I guess thats the nature of coaching

TheNorm

That was legit one of the best games I've seen in awhile...I don't even think it's a thing with defense here (besides that last Bama score, that was almost unforgivable), both QBs as well as Harris and Edwards-Helaire were straight up balling out.

LSU right now is the best team in the league right now IMO...and I hate to say it but a matchup between them and the Buckeyes will be a knockdown drag out brawl and one I want to watch.

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on November 09, 2019, 08:14:41 PM
That was legit one of the best games I've seen in awhile...I don't even think it's a thing with defense here (besides that last Bama score, that was almost unforgivable), both QBs as well as Harris and Edwards-Helaire were straight up balling out.

LSU right now is the best team in the league right now IMO...and I hate to say it but a matchup between them and the Buckeyes will be a knockdown drag out brawl and one I want to watch.

LSU played lights out, gotta tip my hat to them. I cant help but wonder if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot 3 times, we come back. That phantom fumble on the first drive, the putting 12 men on the field during that pick that lead to a LSU TD and that TD before the half that Tua phased out on his pick LOL. 2 of the 3 were forced by LSU, they were forced by us LOL. You can't do that against a good team. Any ways proud of the team coming back and making it a game. LSU played better.

That last TD Bama has done many times not sure why we waited to the 2nd half to call it. Sark pissed me off trying to roll Tua out on a bum ankle in the first QTR. He has stood in the pocket most of the year and why try to get cute now?

Crewe

Oh Baylor  :-\
Nobody in Texas has a defense worth a damn

rollntider

TheNorm