News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

oh you didnt know?

Started by Crewe, January 18, 2018, 12:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rigg44

Quote from: Crewe on February 07, 2020, 03:44:38 PM
has anyone else noticed that some adds on Youtube are now 6 seconds long?

Just don't watch three in a row ....666 its a proctor gamble satanic indoctrination tactic.  LOL

Crewe

Quote from: Rigg44 on February 07, 2020, 04:23:45 PM

Just don't watch three in a row ....666 its a proctor gamble satanic indoctrination tactic.  LOL

lol never thought of that, but also, wouldn't sit through a video where I had to endure three ads, although I do have to sit through two at a time sometimes now

Crewe

and now are ads not only two in a row, some are 7 seconds long. Its getting worse by the day....

Crewe

Michael Imperioli (Christopher Moltisanti) and Steve Schirripa (Bobby Bacala) will have a Sopranos podcast drop this April.
It will air one episode a week which will follow the series in order.
I think Imperioli will be the driving force as he directed, wrote and produced episodes and his character was a main player throughout but Schirripa should have some great input as well.
This is a terrific opportunity for a rewatch. Even though I just finished one a couple of months ago, I might be ready to go yet again.
There's a promo for the show in the link and one thing I kinda hear that I hope Im wrong about is Schirripa seems like an interrupter.
Nothing kills conversations to me faster than constant interruptions. I mean, a show can still survive but its annoying to me. Office Ladies is a prime example of this, they are terrible at interviews.
That said, Im really looking forward to this show...

https://deadline.com/2020/02/talking-sopranos-podcast-launching-in-april-with-series-stars-michael-imperioli-steve-schirripa-1202870822/

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on February 28, 2020, 07:55:43 PM
Michael Imperioli (Christopher Moltisanti) and Steve Schirripa (Bobby Bacala) will have a Sopranos podcast drop this April.
I think Imperioli will be the driving force as he directed, wrote and produced episodes and his character was a main player throughout but Schirripa should have some great input as well.
This is a terrific opportunity for a rewatch. Even though I just finished one a couple of months ago, I might be ready to go yet again.
There's a promo for the show in the link and one thing I kinda hear that I hope Im wrong about is Schirripa seems like an interrupter.
Nothing kills conversations to me faster than constant interruptions. I mean, a show can still survive but its annoying to me. Office Ladies is a prime example of this, they are terrible at interviews.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/talking-sopranos-podcast-launching-in-april-with-series-stars-michael-imperioli-steve-schirripa-1202870822/

Welp, definitely need to tell my dad about this.

I watched Sopranos on and off, because my parents watched it but I was younger back then so wasn't as interested. I can't remember which season I finally started watching regularly (want to say....3 or 4? But with my cruddy memory it was probably just like, season 2 and I only missed the first). I'd like to go back and rewatch, but I wanna do Boardwalk Empire again first.

I hear you about interrupters though. I am, admittedly, an interrupter in normal conversation, and it's something I want to try to work on with the cast I intend to do.

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on February 28, 2020, 08:24:26 PM
Quote from: Crewe on February 28, 2020, 07:55:43 PM

Welp, definitely need to tell my dad about this.

I watched Sopranos on and off, because my parents watched it but I was younger back then so wasn't as interested. I can't remember which season I finally started watching regularly (want to say....3 or 4? But with my cruddy memory it was probably just like, season 2 and I only missed the first). I'd like to go back and rewatch, but I wanna do Boardwalk Empire again first.

I hear you about interrupters though. I am, admittedly, an interrupter in normal conversation, and it's something I want to try to work on with the cast I intend to do.

This would be perfect timing for you to become submerged in Sopranoland. Hard to argue with having another go at Boardwalk though.

Interrupting in person is bad, but on a podcast, to me at least, it's exponentially worse because Im thinking, I wanted to hear what that fuck had to say and now I never will. In person, you can at least get the information albeit not when initially offered

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on February 07, 2020, 06:55:07 PM
Quote from: Rigg44 on February 07, 2020, 04:23:45 PM

lol never thought of that, but also, wouldn't sit through a video where I had to endure three ads, although I do have to sit through two at a time sometimes now

Been using Chrome and ad-block for years, so haven't seen a single ad on YouTube (keep your capitalist BS out of my video viewing, losers). Always startled me a bit when I'm forced to use it on a different browser at other places and those ads pop up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Crewe

How did I not know this?
Maybe I did and just had my Chong on, so I forgot? lol
Ivan Reitman conceived Stripes as a Cheech and Chong vehicle. Cheech and Chong's manager thought the script was very funny; however, the comedy duo wanted complete creative control, so Reitman told the screenwriters to rewrite it for Bill Murray and Harold Ramis.

Crewe

W. Earl Brown who portrayed Dan Dority on Deadwood was also Mary's brother Warren in There's Something About Mary

If this seems out of nowhere and odd, it's because Im rewatching Deadwood now and thinking of him as Warren cracks me up.

TheNorm

Lol I never put that together either. Anytime I think of Something About Mary I always see that scene where the dude falls out of the tree with a coconut...just rollin' lol
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on July 30, 2020, 04:41:45 AM
Lol I never put that together either. Anytime I think of Something About Mary I always see that scene where the dude falls out of the tree with a coconut...just rollin' lol

lol so many great scenes.
Tucker in Mary's office trying to retrieve his keys was a killer for me

Crewe

Stevie Nicks 24 Karat Gold Live Concert available 10/29 - 11/5

https://page.inplayer.com/stevienicks/

Link to pre order vinyl at bottom of page

Crewe

FYI, since I just watched the French Connection again, Popeyes Famous Fried Chicken was named after the Gene Hackman character Popeye Doyle