News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Jedi: Fallen Order

Started by TheNorm, December 23, 2019, 08:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

So Crewe, how are you feeling about this game?

Personally, I like it. The graphics are pretty amazing and the story so far is interesting enough. I'm just stuck on the second planet trying to find a path to the Temple they want you to go to and too lazy to look up how to get there lol (plus NBA 2K20 has monopolized my time).
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

So, wasn't expecting to pick this up but found out Redbox was having a sale on all their video games, to own, due to them no longer renting video games. Picked up this and Death Stranding for $25 each, beautiful condition (I guess since they're newer games, and most people probably don't even realize Redbox rented videogames, that they didn't get much use). Also got Borderlands 3 for $20 for kiddo.

Anyways, I haven't played much. I haven't even gone inside that first Jedi temple or whatever (spent way too much time trying to fight that Ogdo Boggdo in the cave), but I'm liking it so far. I must be honest, playing For Honor for so long now (it's basically become my forever game, which is apparently a term the gaming community has), that the parrying in this game came real naturally to me, so that's been a big help. Still, I play on Normal. :D

Crewe

This is like Uncharted me.
So far, its troubling. So I think there are things Im supposed to find but dont have the ability to get to them yet, but later on, once I gain that ability, I can't get back to where I need to go lol
Its still early for me.
right now Im stuck with that huge spheres puzzle where you roll them around the temple.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on December 23, 2019, 03:55:12 PM
So far, its troubling. So I think there are things Im supposed to find but dont have the ability to get to them yet, but later on, once I gain that ability, I can't get back to where I need to go lol

Yeah, it's Metroid-ish in that way.

Crewe

ok Fallen Order full review.
First, allow me to discuss my idiocy first.
So,you know the health stims you find restore health right? Well, I found about 5-6 of em, and, get this, I thought you only had those for the entirety of the game! lol it gets worse...
I accidentally used two or three early on by accident while trying to learn movesets, so I was thinking, fuck, Ive got like two to get through half of this game??
I can't stop laughing at what a dope I am. At the end,
Spoiler
just prior to facing Trilla
I discovered each stim refilled when you meditated.
Oy!
So, If you learn something from me you didnt know, learn that lol

On to the game:
It took some time to get used to the saber battling. I think I was a bit more than halfway through before I started getting it and being able to use the force at the same time.
I didnt really listen at the start of the game so I went to. Bogano for a bit then left to go to Dathomir, I wondered why I was getting mauled. Wel, Iwasnt supposed to be there for a while.
I was starting to think this game isn't for me, at all lol
After I sorted all that out, it all began to gel and I was enjoying the game a lot more.
I haven't decided if Im going back to 100% everything or not or if I want to just replay it.
That said, at one point, Bogano for instance, I had scoured so much, I decided to go ahead and 100% it while I was there and man, there were some unbelievably frustrating tasks.
Spoiler
That freaking upward wall run on the mud slide tunnel followed by the to rope swings and wall runs to get the other echo was a night mare for one.
You dont need it but I was determined to get 100 and it was really pissing me off because some games still make some feats so maddening its not even remotely fun, so I wasn't really thrilled with that and a couple of other scenarios.

Im not really a big puzzle guy and some of this stuff frustrates me. So I would get in situations where I would just have my laptop nearby. Ok, fuck! How do you get outta here, accomplish this etc....
That got kind of old, and some of it was a real pain and of course, some of it was my derpy ass not being able to figure out something simple.

Beyond that, I liked the battles.
I dearly loved
Spoiler
using For Pull to jerk a low leveler to me and kill him with one emphatic thrust. And a close second was using Force Push on some dope standing near the abyss and just launching him off with no effort lol

The story was a good one too, I really enjoyed it and the ending DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE FINISHED THE STORY

Spoiler
when Vader showed up? What the literal fuck?! Didnt see that coming

As you can see, much of the, I won't say negative, frustration was due to my own ignorance about the game and couple that with the fact this is not an easy game to conquer, it took a while for me, but I would recommend it, which doesn't matter now because you guys have it lol
But Id be curious to hear your thoughts.

BojackHorsefella

I almost did the same thing, going to Dathomir first, but I ended up picking Zeffu so I guess I did good.

That being said I haven't played since reaching like, the 2nd or 3rd meditation thing on that planet.

Crewe

you'll have to let me know how you like it. After completing the game, Im going back to find all the trinkets to get 100% if I can. Just finished Zeffo

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on January 06, 2020, 08:08:14 PM
you'll have to let me know how you like it. After completing the game, Im going back to find all the trinkets to get 100% if I can. Just finished Zeffo

I gave up. I got tired of all the backtracking and fully uninstalled, hahahaha. I'm so bad at videogames these days.

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on June 08, 2020, 06:49:13 PM
Quote from: Crewe on January 06, 2020, 08:08:14 PM

I gave up. I got tired of all the backtracking and fully uninstalled, hahahaha. I'm so bad at videogames these days.

I can be worse than you lol