News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2017 Season

Started by Crewe, July 07, 2017, 07:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

I missed this, but Beltran contacted Darvish without Gurriel's knowledge. According to the broadcast, Darvish said he didn't wish anything negative to Gurriel or his family and that he knew it was a mistake and he along with everyone should move on. Beltran then went to Yuli with that info and it elevated his spirits. I'm paraphrasing but what a leadership move by Beltran, and I already had mad respect for Darvish if not more now. the man is absorbed in empathy and understands life

BojackHorsefella

Looks like Sports Illustrated was right.

Congrats Crewe. And, I know he's not on the Tigers anymore, but congrats Norm for getting to see Verlander get one.

At least now I can say the Yanks took the MLB champions to seven.

Crewe

Quote from: Crewe on October 29, 2017, 12:59:13 AM
Essentially what Im saying is, the Astros just lost the World Series, mark my words.
Even if it goes 7, they will not recover.

so uh, about my word....it aint worth shit.
im so glad they proved me wrong. This city is bananas!
We don't have many titles...the back to back Rockets run which was 15 years ago and now this one. We have the 73-75 Aeros and the 98 Aerso and the 60 and 61 Oilers in the AFL, but we need more top 3 championships. This was certainly a start.

Watching them build this team by restocking the minor leagues, then watching our minor league teams win their titles, young guys like Springer being named Minor League Player of the Year and seeing Altuve come up, then the drafting of guys like Correa and Bregman and just witnessing this team mature from record setting 100 loss season, morphing into Champions, well, its emotionally investing as any fan can tell you.
Yea Im glad to see all the new fans, but I still get a giggle when I see all the new crisp t-shirts and jersey celebrating.

Btw, anyone else realize...the Cubbies last year, Astros this year.....whats the world coming to?

Crewe

ok, received everything, so now, how do I present everything? Shadow box, individual frames....?