News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2018 College Football Thread

Started by TheNorm, February 17, 2018, 11:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/21/16512286/alabama-tennessee-cigars-celebration-history-tradition-ncaa-rules

Most of the teams after rivalries hold a trophy for a year, the Bama Tennessee rivalry ends in smoking cigars for the victor.

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Not the first time a Bush Jr. audaciously invaded foreign territory but it could be the first time it ends in an actual victory

*snort*

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

rollntider

Ohio State fans like to debate who is the better coach.
I will use this stat at them :)

https://twitter.com/JBradEdwards/status/1053849737961631745

rollntider

TheNorm

Maryland is a joke. They deserve absolutely zero credit for reversing course and firing DJ Durkin because the regents were seriously going to reinstate him as head coach. They changed their minds after getting dragged on social media for the last 24 hours.

rollntider

Agreed, they should have fired him to begin. Didnt baylor bite the bullet and fire their coach when the rape issues came about?  Look for Auburn to hire the ex baylor coach if they fire Gus. They wanted to do it last year but Gus upset #1 and #2 in back to back weeks lol then went on a 2 game losing streak lolz

TheNorm

rollntider

My thoughts on the LSU BAMA game.

Gary Danielson needs to go ahead and just admit he wants someone to beat Bama. He actually cheered on a sack of Tua. I understand Bama fatigue but come on.

LSU's defense is pretty good. Their defense with a good offense would put them in contention.

I think we pissed someone off because we can't recruit a good kicker to save our life. 2 missed XP's

LSU's offense is garbage, if they had Mizzou or Tennessee's offense Bama would had struggled today.

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on November 03, 2018, 11:52:12 PM
My thoughts on the LSU BAMA game.

Gary Danielson needs to go ahead and just admit he wants someone to beat Bama. He actually cheered on a sack of Tua. I understand Bama fatigue but come on.

LSU's defense is pretty good. Their defense with a good offense would put them in contention.

I think we pissed someone off because we can't recruit a good kicker to save our life. 2 missed XP's

LSU's offense is garbage, if they had Mizzou or Tennessee's offense Bama would had struggled today.

Well, a kicker hasn't cost you anything in the last 15 years I can recall so I think you're fine ;-)

Cannot believe the Cougars lost to SMU. Im really bummed about that game. SMU? Seriously?

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on November 05, 2018, 12:00:52 PM

Well, a kicker hasn't cost you anything in the last 15 years I can recall so I think you're fine ;-)

re 2011 season Bama lost the regular season game vs. LSU 9-6 several missed FG's. It cost the 2011 SEC title game, although Bama and LSU played in a 21-0 rematch in which Bama won the national title.

2013 Iron bowl vs Auburn Bama missed 3 FGS including the last one that was ran back for a TD and cost Bama a shot at the SEC and National title.  Auburn ends up losing to FSU.

2 shots at an SEC title and a shot at the national title .... I know it seems like Bama wins it every year but yeah our kicking has sucked since 2010.

Crewe

I remember those! Actually won a bit on that 9-6 game lo
ok fair enough, but you get my point ;-)

rollntider

I am a little late on this, but Petrino fired from Louisville. So in the past year(?) they fired, Pitino, Petrino, and Jurich?  Total overhaul of the major sports.
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-louisville-fires-football-coach-bobby-petrino-161643932.html