News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2016 NFL Season thread

Started by rollntider, February 26, 2016, 01:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Well...the end of that Seattle/Arizona game was something.  ::)

At least it provided some gif worthy material.

https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/790405200041414656
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

thaima1shu

Wasn't even mad at that game. I was laughing my ass off.

rollntider

rollntider

thaima1shu

It's like the football world just wants to see BSB matchups. Seahawks/Lions this Saturday should be fun.

TheNorm

Quote from: thaima1shu on January 02, 2017, 12:08:52 PM
It's like the football world just wants to see BSB matchups. Seahawks/Lions this Saturday should be fun.

Lol, for you maybe - I'm expecting that game to be over by 9:15 my time. Try not to kill my team's QB please, he's our only hope.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

thaima1shu

Haha trust me, this year's Seahawks team is the most flawed since Russell Wilson was drafted. It's nothing like the team of the previous four seasons. It'll likely be a close one.

rollntider

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on January 04, 2017, 10:24:37 PM

Lol - can I bet on Seattle?   :banghead:
Inception's on IFC, and I think there's a Law & Order: SVU marathon I can easily flip to that night once the game gets out of hand around 8:45 or so. That should give you an indication of my prediction for the game. #SameOldLions
But sure, why the hell not.

thaima1shu

Haha, I'm up for it if you are.

TheNorm

Yeah, let's do it.

Just let me know what pic you want on Sunday - I'm partial to Richard Sherman  :thumbsup:  :P

TheNorm

Was the officiating in the Seahawks/Lions playoff game terrible? Yeah, probably. But any Lions fan solely blaming the officials for the loss last night is an idiot. They needed to play a perfect game on the road against a great team and they came nowhere near doing that. Congrats thai, and good luck next weekend.

And for the record, I made it to about halftime before switching over to Inception on IFC.  :popcorn:

thaima1shu

Yeah the refs definitely didn't do the Lions any favors. Good game though Norm (for the half game you were able to stomach lol).

No preference on the avatar, feel free to pick whatever you'd like. If you can't think of anything, feel free to use Richard Sherman dressed as Harry Potter, haha.

rollntider

Rough month for teams I like

Bama
Cowboys and Chiefs........  Ouch