News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Nintendo SNES classic (and other retro consoles)

Started by rollntider, June 26, 2017, 12:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

I would love to get it, but screw the sclapers... not getting it

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/879369032947847168

rollntider

Contra III: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
EarthBound
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dream Course
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Yoshi's Island

You will have to beat the first level of Star Fox to unlock star fox 2.

Final Fantasy 3, Zelda , Earthbound and Mario RPG are making me want this console.

Sakura

Good luck getting one.  This is going to get scalped to hell and back just like the NES Classic.  You'd be better off building a Raspberry Pi, like we  discussed in the NES Classic thread.

rollntider

Quote from: Sakura on June 26, 2017, 06:59:13 PM
Good luck getting one.  This is going to get scalped to hell and back just like the NES Classic.  You'd be better off building a Raspberry Pi, like we  discussed in the NES Classic thread.

I did build one. Have a lot of games on it, thats why if i dont get a retail one then I aint getting one. Nintendo did state they were going to make more than the NES.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/significantly-more-snes-classics-will-be-produced-/1100-6451190/

BojackHorsefella

I'm really hoping that they do, but I'm seriously debating waiting in line. The list of games is SOOOOOO good

rollntider

Quote from: Bucfever on June 26, 2017, 08:10:03 PM
I'm really hoping that they do, but I'm seriously debating waiting in line. The list of games is SOOOOOO good

That is a good list of games.

I did see it confirmed that FF3 is indeed FF6 renamed 3 like back in the day. Was hoping it would actually be FF3. Oh well still would play it

Sakura

Quote from: rollntider on June 26, 2017, 09:16:30 PM
Quote from: Bucfever on June 26, 2017, 08:10:03 PM

That is a good list of games.

I did see it confirmed that FF3 is indeed FF6 renamed 3 like back in the day. Was hoping it would actually be FF3. Oh well still would play it
The actual Final Fantasy III is a Famicom game.  Or you could buy it on Steam as a port of some kind.

rollntider

yeah steam has FF3 but would rather have a port of the original.  The newer graphics it has I am not a fan of. I like what they did with 1 and 2 on the psp, updated graphics a tad, but kept the look.

Like that

vs

(3ds screen instead of steam, you get the idea)

I like the PSP remake look and feel better than the steam/3ds version... I know its weird but yeah.....

Sakura

Yeah, I saw that story.  Sold out in minutes, I don't care if they make twice the number of NES classics, they're still artificially staggering the supply and they'll kill it early.  Then the N64 Classic will come, and they'll keep doing this because people will keep buying it.  I keep saying this and I feel like a broken record, but it's still cheaper to just go with the RasPi solution.

The fact of the matter is, Nintendo is selling Androids using emulators that were created by the emulation community.  Who they continue to say negative things about, even though they're exploiting open source software.  Talk about amoral.

rollntider

I agree but, i still want a snes one.

rollntider

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on September 13, 2017, 10:22:49 PM
SNES and NES more will be made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XKAXmBy6VI

I'll believe that when I see it.

Here's an article with Nintendo urging the public not to pay more than $80 for an SNES Classic.

https://gizmodo.com/nintendo-urges-public-don-t-pay-more-than-80-for-snes-1803138702

That's on you, Nintendo. Have the supply match the demand then others won't have to (because I sure as hell won't).
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

I agree. I made a raspberry pie and I can have as many games as i want. I wanted one of these bad, but I am not gonna sweat it anymore.

TheNorm

So...out at Best Buy with my brother yesterday, and decided to take a look at the Nintendo Switch because a friend of mine has been talking it up like crazy lately. Look right above it to see what kind of games it has, and I don't see any...but I do see about 10 of the Classics.  :o This was the Christmas gift I had in mind for my brother, and here it is...and my brother has to be standing here too.

Of course I picked it up. A little Loki-style trickery and he'll be none the wiser that this was for him all along.  8)

Still can't believe I found one of these.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr