News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Vegas tragedy

Started by Crewe, October 06, 2017, 12:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

We were staying at the Aria which is a block over from Mandalay Bay but thankfully we had spent the day downtown.
Arriving back about ten minutes after the shooting, we saw all the cop cars but I thought it was a big drug bust or maybe a brawl, but certainly not a mass shooting.
The next morning, all day even, it was just a very somber mood in the entire town, understandably so. People were on vacation, but not in a festive mood, essentially shock. That part of the strip was shut down, it was very barren, almost post apocalyptic. The experience was almost surreal.
It saddens me greatly because it's people just like you and I, out looking to love life and enjoy themselves and suddenly so many families are affected forever. Could have been any one of us.
No real point to this post other than to express my heartache.

TheNorm

Dude...glad you're alright man. But yeah, it sucks all around and I can't even begin to imagine the aftermath. Vegas is one of my favorite places and my heart still hurts from it.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

rollntider

Glad you made it out safe.