News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

30 Days of TV Challenge

Started by TheNorm, February 05, 2018, 08:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

It took him damn near 5.5 seasons to become self-aware? Lol ;)
I'm currently at season 4, end of episode 3...so far this season he's run one of his employees over and tried to plan a fun run to cure a disease that has a cure, he's driven his car into a lake, took back a gift basket (guess he's not getting that customer back), and held a pizza kid hostage. It's almost like he's regressed a little bit from the end of season 3. It's funny but almost painful to watch at times...although seeing Jim and Pam makes me happy.
Now that I've hijacked this thread...please continue haha  ;D
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on February 11, 2018, 10:19:23 PM
I'm currently at season 4, end of episode 3...so far this season he's run one of his employees over and tried to plan a fun run to cure a disease that has a cure, he's driven his car into a lake, took back a gift basket (guess he's not getting that customer back), and held a pizza kid hostage. It's almost like he's regressed a little bit from the end of season 3. It's funny but almost painful to watch at times...although seeing Jim and Pam makes me happy.

Aren't we all a work in progress? Some of us just started from a lower level lol
I'm surprised you are watching it with the disdain you carry for the character. At the same time I'm interested to hear your continued input on it if you stick with it.
Believe me though, I understand why people can dislike this show, it's not for everyone

BojackHorsefella

Rick and Morty: Season 2 Episode 5 - Get Schwifty

This episode, to me, feels like it's from another show entirely. Usually what makes Rick and Morty funny is just how much depth and substance there is, the little things you missed that you catch on rewatch. This episode has none of that. It just feels like "hey, let's do a riff on American Idol."

The b-story is ok, but this is easily the weakest episode for me. Definitely a slip on rewatch.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on February 11, 2018, 11:41:52 PM
Quote from: TheNorm on February 11, 2018, 10:19:23 PM

Aren't we all a work in progress? Some of us just started from a lower level lol
I'm surprised you are watching it with the disdain you carry for the character. At the same time I'm interested to hear your continued input on it if you stick with it.
Believe me though, I understand why people can dislike this show, it's not for everyone

The rest of the cast carries it for me. Jim & Pam tormenting Dwight (and at times Andy) makes me smile to no end.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Day 8
A show everyone should watch

Y'all know what my answer to this was gonna be, right?

rollntider

Day 7
Least favorite episode of one of your favorites

final episode of Battlestar Galactica. That episode almost made me hate the show. Its like they did not know how to end it

rollntider

Day 8

Gonna go with Sopranos on this. Was one of my favorite shows and still re watch it time to time

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on February 13, 2018, 11:29:01 AM

Day 8

Gonna go with Sopranos on this. Was one of my favorite shows and still re watch it time to time
yea, great call. All my rewatches reset the first of the year so Sopranos is on tap at some point in 18 lol

My Day 8, Dick Van Dyke Show.
Just clean well written actual comedy that is truly timeless.

BojackHorsefella

Six Feet Under

Everyone. Everyone should watch this show. It should be required viewing. Even admitting that season...I think 3 or 4 gets a bit off track.

TheNorm

Day 9
Best scene ever

Know what? I'm going to allow two for this, one for drama/action and one for sitcom.

Drama
This was a bit of a toss-up for me, deciding between this and the opening scene to The Newsroom (I'm assuming you've all seen the scene at this point, if not just look up "America is not the greatest" and you'll find it)...but I had to go with this one. It's a pivotal scene near the end of Season Two of West Wing, but doesn't give much away in spoiler so it's safe. Martin Sheen at his best.

West Wing - Two Cathedrals (S2E22)

Sitcom
Oddly enough the scene I'm picking from a sitcom isn't a funny one, it's quite the opposite...but it gets me everytime. Setup: when a relatively healthy patient dies, Dr. Cox races to get the organs harvested for three other patients on the transplant list. But something undiagnosed proves to be a bad mistake, and seeing Dr. Cox face the consequences is gut wrenching. "The second you start blaming yourself for people's deaths, there's no coming back." Scrubs had a ton of funny moments and great episodes during its run, but it also could hit you hard when it needed to. Give the show a shot if you get a chance.

Scrubs - My Lunch (S5E20)

BojackHorsefella

I'm going to go with just one: Bojack Horseman, Season 3,
Episode 10 - "It's You"

Aaron Paul absolutely kills his line readings here. You have to understand, up until this point Todd has mostly been this comedy only character, who gets into different hijinx and antics but complements Bojack's cynicism and pessimism with a naive joy and optimism. Yeah, Bojack kind of sucks, but he's Todd's friend.

Then this happens. And it's so perfect. I, myself, thanks to my lovely Borderline Personality Disorder, have always identified with Bojack (thankfully, these days, to a far less extent, but I still remember when). So when Todd goes off on this monologue, it feels like he's talking to me. It's blunt and to the point. He leaves no room for Bojack to excuse his way out.

And that last "fuck, man" is also poignant because this show only uses the F-word once every season, so it always carries more weight and it's never wasted. This might be it's best usage.

Crewe

so many choices, but Im going to stick wit The Sopranos. Matter of fact, Im going to stay with the same episode as earlier. Whitecaps.
This is a shorter second fight between Tony and Carmela. Its a tug of war between the two. it stems from Tony's goomar calling his home which was always off limits. Carmela cant take the cheating and lying anymore and in this scene Tony is living in the guest house after the first big blowup. he blames her, saying she knew she married into the life and suggests she was willing to trade that for the materialistic luxury he provided. She then taunts him saying she fantasized about one of his top guys. You dont need to know anything about the show to appreciate this scene.
Such a great finale episode.

Sitcom. Staying with Dick Van Dyke. This was said to be the longest laugh for sitcom TV. True or not, it is certainly at the top. DVD was way ahead of its time with this episode as they were with many others. The premise here is that after Laura has their baby and comes home, Rob convinces himself their baby was accidentally switched with another couple down the hall from them at the hospital. He arranges for a swap unbeknownst to Laura until the last minute.

rollntider

Quote from: Bucfever on February 13, 2018, 07:03:58 PM
Six Feet Under

Everyone. Everyone should watch this show. It should be required viewing. Even admitting that season...I think 3 or 4 gets a bit off track.

its on my list now, will check it out

rollntider

TheNorm

Day 10
A show you thought you wouldn't like but ended up loving

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - A tv series based off of a cheesy and underwhelming 90s movie? No thanks. But somewhere around Season Two I ended up watching an episode, and I thought the dialogue, storytelling, and cast interactions were great. Ended up giving it a shot the following week and I was hooked. Joss Whedon did an amazing job with this series, producing the show that he really wanted the movie to be, and props to WB (remember that network?) for greenlighting this version of it.