News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

30 Days of TV Challenge

Started by TheNorm, February 05, 2018, 08:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Quote from: Bucfever on February 20, 2018, 11:50:00 PM
Currently watching on TV or a past show can count?

Whatever you want.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Then Heroes. Heroes was my Walking Dead, my True Blood before True Blood. The difference is I didn't give up on it like I did those two (and Dexter, whose final season I did not watch).

Heroes had such terrible writing and went in so many weird, senseless directions. There were so many retcons from season to season. But I'll he damned if I didn't love the actors and the characters.

rollntider

Day 16
Your guilty pleasure show

Hell's Kitchen
Same here but to be a little different
I would go with Resturant Impossible or Kitchen Nightmares.

Resturant Impossible was in my town about 2 years ago. The resturant is closed down now. They went back to their old ways.
http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/04/hueytown_episode_of_restaurant.html

TheNorm

Day 17
Favorite miniseries

Band of Brothers - was originally tempted to go with FX's excellent The People vs. OJ Simpson: American Crime Story, but really...Brothers is practically impossible to pass up. It was riveting from day one and I was bummed when it ended. I've seen many of the episodes multiple times, and whenever HBO does one of those little marathons I'll typically tune in. This was pretty easy.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on February 21, 2018, 04:08:31 PM

Day 16
Your guilty pleasure show

Hell's Kitchen
Same here but to be a little different
I would go with Resturant Impossible or Kitchen Nightmares.

Resturant Impossible was in my town about 2 years ago. The resturant is closed down now. They went back to their old ways.
http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2014/04/hueytown_episode_of_restaurant.html

its like someone winning the lottery then later, there they are, broke and/or in jail

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on February 21, 2018, 05:35:31 PM
Day 17
Favorite miniseries

Band of Brothers - was originally tempted to go with FX's excellent The People vs. OJ Simpson: American Crime Story, but really...Brothers is practically impossible to pass up. It was riveting from day one and I was bummed when it ended. I've seen many of the episodes multiple times, and whenever HBO does one of those little marathons I'll typically tune in. This was pretty easy.

BOB is bar none the best ever. As good as People v OJ was, its still several rungs below BOB imo.
Can I pick a season of American Horror Story, that count?
Ill go with S2, Asylum with Jessica Lange.

BojackHorsefella

It's been so long since I've seen BoB,  I couldn't honestly call it my favorite because I really don't remember it. Same goes with From the Earth to the Moon.

So I'll go with one I've seen more recently (2010, to be precise) and say Generation Kill. It was uh, good. And the only miniseries I really remember watching (well, there was that "The Prisoner" update, but that was horrible).

rollntider

I gotta admit BOB is about the only one I saw that was good.

I saw V in the 80's meh

Firefly could be a mini series LOL, and so could any of the American horror

I am going with BOB also

TheNorm

I was tempted to put V and V: The Final Battle on here too. I enjoyed the hell out of those and the tale has always been worth retelling. Graphics might not have aged well (and some of 'em weren't even good then, for example, Diana eating that rat), but it was fun. SyFy or one of those other networks ends up showing the series every once in awhile, and I'll usually end up sitting down for a bit with them. Although the last time I did that, I think the El Rey Network cut way too much of it to fit it for time.

The Battlestar Galactica reboot was amazing too (didn't get a series order I believe until the mini-series turned into a massive hit).

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on February 22, 2018, 12:21:41 AM
I was tempted to put V and V: The Final Battle on here too. I enjoyed the hell out of those and the tale has always been worth retelling. Graphics might not have aged well (and some of 'em weren't even good then, for example, Diana eating that rat), but it was fun. SyFy or one of those other networks ends up showing the series every once in awhile, and I'll usually end up sitting down for a bit with them. Although the last time I did that, I think the El Rey Network cut way too much of it to fit it for time.

The Battlestar Galactica reboot was amazing too (didn't get a series order I believe until the mini-series turned into a massive hit).

I forgot Battlestar was a mini series first, but it did turn into a series, I guess that is why I did not consider it

TheNorm

Day 18
Favorite title sequence

Batman: The Animated Series - yeah, I'm gonna stick with what I have from the Top 5 thread.  :)

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

Well, my Top 5 post clearly stated mine were in "no particular order," so it must be nice for this to be so easy for you two :(

And I'm going to go with one that wasn't even on that list. One I forgot about because I didn't think long enough at all. Adnd it's so obvious.

The X-Men cartoon show.

rollntider

Day 18
Favorite title sequence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIqBQWB7IUM

I know some of you guys dont like the show, but I like that opening and most of the show :P

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on February 22, 2018, 08:05:11 PM
Well, my Top 5 post clearly stated mine were in "no particular order," so it must be nice for this to be so easy for you two :(

And I'm going to go with one that wasn't even on that list. One I forgot about because I didn't think long enough at all. Adnd it's so obvious.

The X-Men cartoon show.

Lol I have quite a few more I hold in high regard, but BoB was an easy choice.

I like the Dexter opening just not tops in my book, not that that holds any critical high ground.
I enjoyed the show and the last season could've been great but it failed and I think it's a shining example of what happens when know it all execs invade and dictate the creative process