News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Things You See On Twitter (Non-political)

Started by TheNorm, February 10, 2018, 12:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

Does it count if I say The Force Awakens, keep Chewbacca?

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on July 15, 2018, 10:39:27 PM
Does it count if I say The Force Awakens, keep Chewbacca?

Outside that you lose the obvious yet still awesome substitution of Sweetums for Chewbacca, yes.

BojackHorsefella

Not quite Twitter, but saw this on Drew Magary's Funbag on Deadspin today and thought I'd pass it on here:

"If an MLB team decided that they wanted you on their team for the year, how many hits would you get over the course of the season? In this scenario you're a regular starter, and do everything a full time player would do (i.e. practice, watching tape, nutrition plan, etc.), and no matter how poorly you play you will not be sent down."

Over the course of an entire season, with days off, as a regular starter (lets say I'm the #9 hitter on an AL team), I'm probably getting, what, 300, 350 at bats? I'm going to say....2. 2 hits.

I think I MIGHT hit a curveball early on, when pitchers are still trying to figure out what my deal is, and after that I might luck into another one. And then after that they'll just throw 90 mph fastballs at me because there's no way I'm hitting that ever.

Crewe

well first off, are we talking today? Because if its today, Id rather not answer lol

TheNorm

Fine...let's say we start at Game 1. Regular starter doing everything a full time player would do. Going by Buc's numbers with around 350 at bats? I'll say 10 (which is still .028). Practice has to be worth something IMO. Better training, better shape, film room, etc. Putting in the work should yield some results. Maybe I'm being optimistic, but that's what I'm going with.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Rigg44

Quote from: Bucfever on July 31, 2018, 03:08:28 PM
Not quite Twitter, but saw this on Drew Magary's Funbag on Deadspin today and thought I'd pass it on here:

"If an MLB team decided that they wanted you on their team for the year, how many hits would you get over the course of the season? In this scenario you're a regular starter, and do everything a full time player would do (i.e. practice, watching tape, nutrition plan, etc.), and no matter how poorly you play you will not be sent down."

Over the course of an entire season, with days off, as a regular starter (lets say I'm the #9 hitter on an AL team), I'm probably getting, what, 300, 350 at bats? I'm going to say....2. 2 hits.

I think I MIGHT hit a curveball early on, when pitchers are still trying to figure out what my deal is, and after that I might luck into another one. And then after that they'll just throw 90 mph fastballs at me because there's no way I'm hitting that ever.

Ill say that using your numbers college me hits 20 the me now hits 5 maybe 6. 

TheNorm

Probably the only one who pays attention to some of this, but whatever...

So I've never heard of Machine Gun Kelly until last week, just another clown trying to come at the King (Eminem).
I guess Em responded today...R.I.P. to a never was MGK.  8)

https://twitter.com/Eminem/status/1040673588502773761?s=20

As always, the responses to this track are golden.

https://twitter.com/jakeevans_11/status/1040699827301036033?s=20
https://twitter.com/AaronMWallace/status/1040699224919355392?s=20
https://twitter.com/JessMLepore/status/1040698974137663488?s=20
https://twitter.com/Jay_Silla/status/1040699045726040067?s=20
https://twitter.com/JamesJeffersonJ/status/1040699460773326848?s=20
https://twitter.com/_TomFFC/status/1040699914710265856?s=20

"You come at the king, you best not miss."
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Dude, I've got a buddy right now who's in Atlanta escaping the hurricane, and I swear to you he genuinely snapchatted last night, he happened to be at the same bar that Machine Gun Kelly was at and MGK was starting shit with someone and got tossed.

What a punk.

Crewe

id never seen a couple of those lol
never heard of this guy and I guess I won't again...

TheNorm

Quote from: Bucfever on September 14, 2018, 05:53:53 PM
Dude, I've got a buddy right now who's in Atlanta escaping the hurricane, and I swear to you he genuinely snapchatted last night, he happened to be at the same bar that Machine Gun Kelly was at and MGK was starting shit with someone and got tossed.

What a punk.

LOL...must've known his career was ending.  ;D

TheNorm

BojackHorsefella

BojackHorsefella

Aw wait crap no, I do know what this is about. Ugh.

TheNorm

Didn't see this on twitter, but this needs to be seen anyway...I'm mesmerized lol

BojackHorsefella

Really thought we did this already, but I looked through this thread and even the Top 5 thread just in case and didn't see it, so:

Name 5 Bands You've Seen in Concert, But One Is a Lie

So, like it says: you name 5 bands that you've seen in concert, but one band has to be a lie, and then everyone can try and guess which is the lie. I'll start:

Bands I've seen:

Nine Inch Nails
Marilyn Manson
Third Eye Blind
TOOL
Halsey