News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The PS4 Issues Thread

Started by TheNorm, May 09, 2018, 05:46:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

I don't expect this thread to get much action (I hope, anyway), but anyway...

So...about a year ago I turned on my PS4, got a beep in response (which is normal) and then absolutely nothing else (which is definitely not normal). Tried the power button, eject button, zero response whatsoever. Unplugged the PS4 from the wall for a couple of minutes before plugging it back in, then tried it again, same thing-the beep then nothing else. Unplugged it again with the intention of taking it in to the local spot where they fix these now since I'm out of warranty on my next day off a couple of days later. Two days pass, but before I packed it up to get repaired I decided to give it one more shot and plugged it back in...success. Powered back up like it always does, and has been working beautifully since.

Until two days ago when it did that again. This time I did the same, just unplugged it for a couple of days before trying it back today and it was successful again. Anyone else have this issue or heard about it? Is this one of those things warning me my PS4 is starting to die? Or is this just a nuisance? Curious to see your responses, because I'm pretty sure my PS4 is only a little over three years old.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

I've had this issue, but not with the multiple days part of it. I don't know what causes it and it wasn't enough for me to hit Google, but I always keep my PS4 in Rest Mode, and I've had times where I've come in and it's been off, and when I push the PS button on the controller (either or both controllers), the lights on top of the controllers just flicker repeatedly.

Usually I plug the controller in and go that route and that gets the PS4 working again, but yeah. It's strange. Part of it was my old apartment, the outlets were all loose so I think that had something to do with it. It did it yesterday or two days ago at my current apartment, but I think that's because I put it into rest mode and then immediately changed my mind and started it back up. It did the beep, the controller flickered, nothing happened. I hit the PS button a time or two more and it worked again.

But yeah, the beep, sounds like the drive going, then nothing, try again, it does the beep...I am familiar with this issue.

Crewe

No issue here. Norm, do you power down, or go into rest mode?
I always power mine off. Process of elimination, perhaps we could nail down the issue.
Also have no idea how old mine is...when did these things come out anyway?

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on May 09, 2018, 07:14:05 PM
No issue here. Norm, do you power down, or go into rest mode?
I always power mine off. Process of elimination, perhaps we could nail down the issue.
Also have no idea how old mine is...when did these things come out anyway?

I always power down unless I'm downloading a game or an update, in which case I just let it go until it goes into rest mode on its own.
I want to say these came out around...2014? I know it was a bit after NCAA '14 dropped which was July or August of 2013...
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

NCAA 14? There's an NCAA game that released on PS4? I thought it died before.

Crewe

I thought for sure there was NCAA on PS4

TheNorm

Quote from: Bucfever on May 10, 2018, 12:17:24 AM
NCAA 14? There's an NCAA game that released on PS4? I thought it died before.

Nah, sorry I might have made that a bit confusing. I always remember around the time NCAA releases (something I always looked forward to lol), and I remember it being fairly close to the time the PS4 would drop as well. So close that I seem to remember there being some talk/hope about maybe porting it to PS4 for launch, but it got shot down.

Crewe