News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Streaming platforms

Started by Crewe, May 28, 2018, 03:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

So, I see a deal where Apple TV 4K is free with 3 months up front @ $35 per for Direct TV Now.
I currently have Direct TV Now on a trial basis and it just introduced the cloud DVR, which YouTube TV already has featured for a while now.
Currently, Im on Amazon Fire TV stick. I did that because I cut the cord and it was cheap.
Ive looked around and the Roku Stick plus seems to be the one of choice as the ATV 4K can be quite expensive at close to two bills.
However, the reviewers say, if you have the cash, the drop it on ATV as it is the better product but, most people wont have that kind of scratch and the Roku is not a big drop off from ATV, i.e., you wont miss much, and will actually have more 4K content if that's your thing.
However, if I could obtain ATV for $105, and a Roku for about $80 I think, well, I might just jump on that deal.
I did have prior ATV 2 and liked it and of course it gels with my Mac as I assume this would too.
Anyone have a thought, experience on either product yet?
Btw, Fire stick is ok, Im not overwhelmed by it, but then, I pretty much have all I need via the HBO Go which I have for free via my phone deal, Netflix and Amazon Prime. So not a lot to make me happy, although having a service like YT TV or DTVN is nice in that I get to watch the Stanley Cup Finals and NBA finals without streaming from some off hand website. Which btw, ATV would be better for as well.

BojackHorsefella

I can't speak for most of that, I have a Fire Stick TV and PS Vue, with Netflix, Hulu and HBO Go from my dad and Prime from my membership. I've been pretty happy.

Crewe

Sounds like you are set pretty much like me except we swapped out DTVN and PSVue. I hear tell PSVue is pretty deep and a top service, but $5 a month is too much for me.
Im dumping DTVN more than likely once my trial is over, or if I go for the ATV deal, Ill dump it after that probably.