News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Movies Thread

Started by Sakura, May 19, 2014, 04:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

It's BARELY an MCU film (although one character, outside of Hulk, does reoccur in Civil War and Infinity War) but The Incredible Hulk is pretty skippable as well.

Crewe

Ive seen Iron Man 2 and Hulk, never saw the first Thor, just not a fan the character but maybe I will.
Watched the first Deadpool but neither Spider Man.

BojackHorsefella

Well Deadpool and the Andrew Garfield and Tobey McGuire Spider-Men aren't MCU. Deadpool is Fox and McGuire-Garfield were Sony. Technically Tom Holland is Sony too but they made a deal with Marvel which allows them to co-produce his movies and allows Marvel to use Spider-Man in stuff like Civil War and Infinity War.

Thor's good. The first one is actually pretty good, even though they abandon that awful hair and eyebrows and sort of his whole personality over the course of the rest of the MCU. Thor went from serious, Shakespearean, to sort of funny in the first Avengers, to...sort of funny, sort of serious in Thor II, to whatever was going on in Age of Ultron, all the way to Thor: Ragnarok, perhaps the funniest MCU film.

And then somehow tied it all back together in Infinity War. So, yeah. Thor II may be awful, but Thor, as Chris Hemsworth portrays him, is one of the best parts of the MCU.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on August 21, 2018, 12:16:56 PM
I guess I could look it up, but Ill just ask, whats the order I should watch the MU films?
Ive seen a couple, the last being Civil War I think, Iron Man v Captain America. Any that I can skip? I know theres a shitload of them and don't think I need to see every single one, do I?

I think they all are worthy except for the Fantastic 4 films and spider man 3.

The spiderman films like Buc said arent MCU, but are still fun. (Also ignore spiderman 3)

You could skip Ant man, but it is a fun movie.
XMen are not MCU (as buc mentioned) but again fun. I would start at the McAvoy films and watch those, they basically retcon the first 3 Xmen movies and they werent as good.

Deadpool is awesome

Here are the ones i would watch (based on my enjoyment)

Iron man
Hulk (edward norton)
Thor
Captn America
Avengers (1st one)
Winter Soldier Guardians of the Galaxy
Civil War
Dr Strange
Guardians 2
Spiderman HJomecoming
Ragnarok
Black Panther
Infinty War

Most of the other are good to ok also (avengers 2 was so so) the Iron man Sequels left a lot to be desired.

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on August 21, 2018, 05:29:47 PM
Quote from: Crewe on August 21, 2018, 12:16:56 PM
I guess I could look it up, but Ill just ask, whats the order I should watch the MU films?
Ive seen a couple, the last being Civil War I think, Iron Man v Captain America. Any that I can skip? I know theres a shitload of them and don't think I need to see every single one, do I?

I think they all are worthy except for the Fantastic 4 films and spider man 3.

The spiderman films like Buc said arent MCU, but are still fun. (Also ignore spiderman 3)

You could skip Ant man, but it is a fun movie.
XMen are not MCU (as buc mentioned) but again fun. I would start at the McAvoy films and watch those, they basically retcon the first 3 Xmen movies and they werent as good.

Deadpool is awesome

Here are the ones i would watch (based on my enjoyment)

Iron man
Hulk (edward norton)
Thor
Captn America
Avengers (1st one)
Winter Soldier Guardians of the Galaxy
Civil War
Dr Strange
Guardians 2
Spiderman HJomecoming
Ragnarok
Black Panther
Infinty War

Most of the other are good to ok also (avengers 2 was so so) the Iron man Sequels left a lot to be desired.

That helps guys, thanks.
Using the list above, through Guardians 2, I've seen them all except Thor and Dr Strange.
I didn't realize I'd seen so many.
Wasn't there another Spuderman before Homecoming?

rollntider

There were 3 Toby McGuire Spider man movies

then Sony rebooted the franchise with Garfield. 2 movies both were pretty good, not excellent.

They tried to start a sinister 6 story line. It did well at the box office. But not MCU well. So Sony went to Marvel and rebooted Spidey a 3rd time. So far there are 6 spiderman movies. Homecoming is MCU cannon

BojackHorsefella

Spider-Man debuted in the MCU in Civil War, so maybe that's what you're thinking of Crewe.

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on August 22, 2018, 10:47:44 AM
There were 3 Toby McGuire Spider man movies

then Sony rebooted the franchise with Garfield. 2 movies both were pretty good, not excellent.

They tried to start a sinister 6 story line. It did well at the box office. But not MCU well. So Sony went to Marvel and rebooted Spidey a 3rd time. So far there are 6 spiderman movies. Homecoming is MCU cannon
wait, Im confused.
3 McGuire films
Reboot with 2 Garfield films
And then Homecoming with a first appearance in Civil War, that right?
Im lost with the 3rd reboot comment.

And buc, thats exactly what it was now that you mention it, thanks

BojackHorsefella

Just numbers confusion. It was the second time Spidey got rebooted, the third actual iteration though (McGuire-Garfield-Holland).

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

Top 5 Last Line(s) in a Movie

1. The Godfather - "Don Corleone."

2. Jaws - "I used to hate the water."

3. Shawshank Redemption - "I hope the Pacific is as blue as it is in my dreams. I hope."

4. The Usual Suspects - "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that – poof – he's gone!"

5. Chinatown - "Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown." (I uh...have never actually seen this, and at some point I REALLY need to correct that, but I can still recognize it's an iconic line).

Crewe

We did this a while back, but Ill play again...

Im sure mine have changed since there are so many great ones

Seven
Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part.

Clockwork Orange
I was cured all right

Goodfellas
Right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.

Magnum Force
A man's got to know his limitations

And uh, point of order, but that is not the last line in Jaws IIRC. Hooper follows with, I cant imagine why.
But I get the spirit of the question so with that, Ill follow suit and add this gem from the original Bad News Bears which is also the second to last line...
Hey Yankees, take your trophy AND your apology and shove it straight up your ass,

BojackHorsefella

Oh, did we? I thought it may have seemed familiar as I was posting it, haha.

Also meant to put this in the Top Five thread but that was a swing and a miss too, evidently.

Crewe

and Ill add on where I did see your original post said last line(s) so disregard my haughty observation lol

Crewe

I get two free movies in 4k off of my TV, so which should I choose?
I noted ones with No that ive seen or dont want to see

Spider Man Homecoming
Amazing Spider Man 1 and 2
Passengers
Long Halftime Walk
Inferno
The Shallows NO
5th Wave NO
Concussion
Captain Phillips NO
Elysium
Battle: Los Angeles