News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Top 5 Thread

Started by TheNorm, July 30, 2017, 07:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

#2 - Antonio Freeman's on his back, untouched catch and run for the game winning TD against the Vikings.

I was a Vikings fan at the time, but still, never seen anything like it.

thaima1shu

Obviously mine are gonna be all Seattle sports related (which mean there aren't very many to choose from). Was at the stadium for all the Seahawks related ones, which I sure am grateful for (except for one).

1. Edgar Martinez's double to score Griffey in the 1995 ALDS. Was still really young when this happened but it was one of my first sports memories I can remember.

2. Richard Sherman sealing the game vs. Michael Crabtree in the 2013 NFC Championship.

3. Comeback against the Packers in the 2014 NFC Championship. All the Russell Wilson interceptions, the onside kick recovery, the overtime game-winning pass...it was miraculous.

4. The Fail Mary.

5. Isaiah Thomas game-winner in the Pac-12 Championship game vs. Arizona (Gus Johnson with the cold-blooded call).

Bonus:

The only one where I wish I was never there...I'm not gonna link the video to it for PTSD reasons, but actually being at Super Bowl XLIX and witnessing the goal-line interception was the the most soul and heart crushing things I've ever experienced. That sure was...something.

Crewe

clarification: is this restricted to events we have witnessed in person?

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 15, 2018, 07:03:41 PM
clarification: is this restricted to events we have witnessed in person?

Nope.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

ok in random order

1. Astros game 5 win with the Bregman walk off.

2 Miracle on ice
So its not a "finish" per se, but deal with it because there's few things better than this

3 the Oilers crumble in 92 playoffs v Bills. largest comeback ever. God this one still hurts

4. Touch em all Joe.  Carter walk off game and WS clinching HR

5 Mike Scott pitches a no hitter in 86 to clinch the division for the Astros in a memorable season

cflnut

1. The 2005 Grey Cup, Edmonton Eskimos defeated the Montreal Alouettes 38-35 in double overtime.

I was at this game at the highlights from the video don't do it justice. Edmonton dominated the first half and was looking like the game was going to be a blow out. The second half thought Edmonton felt flat and Montreal was able to come back and make a game out of it. From the fourth quarter till the end of the second overtime Nobody in BC Place was sitting down, and you could't hear yourself think it was so loud in there.

2. April 30, 1986 - Steve Smith scores on his own net. Calgary Vs Edmonton.

My dad and I were at this game and it was also the first Post-Season game I ever attended. I was 10 years old cheering my heart out for the Oilers. Then the goal happened and all the Oiler faithful, in unison let out a collective "Fuck".

3. July 24, 2008. Calgary Stampeders at Winnipeg Blue-Bombers.

Winnipeg earns their first win of the season on a 35 yard pass from Ryan Dinwiddie to Romby Bryant with no time left on the clock. The atmosphere in Canad Inns Stadium was intense during the whole game, which was an offensive shoot out. Definitely one of the loudest out door stadiums I've ever been in.

4. The 2009 Grey Cup.  Montreal vs Saskatchewan.

Saskatchewan wins this game if not for the too many men penalty on the final play of the game. I've never seen a stadium empty so fast in my life. This was also the first time I've ever herd an entire province cry in unison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqJbLDu9l2Q

5. October 29, 2010 - Montreal at Toronto.

This was the only one I wasn't at live but remember watching on TV. Montreal kicker Damon Duval misses the game winning field only the have Toronto kick the ball out of the endzone, right back to him to which he kicks the ball back into the endzone. Toronto could not get it back out Montreal recovers and scores a TD.

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

BojackHorsefella

#3 - Music City Miracle

#4- the Super Bowl that followed and Kevin Dyson's game ending catch

Crewe

I'm removing Carters HR and subbing in the last second Sampson bucket that clinched the Western Conference championship.
And what's more, did it LA to those filthy cheating Lakers and their smug ass fans.
Good lord was that satisfying.

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on January 15, 2018, 11:58:19 PM
#3 - Music City Miracle

#4- the Super Bowl that followed and Kevin Dyson's game ending catch

More than the play, I loved how big fat stupid Paul McGuire...and what's the other dipshit, Mike Mark...can't recall, but they were losing their shit saying forward pass. Immediately after the play, Theismann was the only objective one saying it's where the ball is etc....
And after other replays proved him right those other two clowns acted like they called it all along.
Jesus I hated those buffoons.

BojackHorsefella

I'm not gonna use it because I wasnt alive during it (or at least not paying attention, not sure about the year) but how has no one said "THE BAND IS ON THE FIELD!!!"

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on January 16, 2018, 07:23:56 PM
I'm not gonna use it because I wasnt alive during it (or at least not paying attention, not sure about the year) but how has no one said "THE BAND IS ON THE FIELD!!!"

you sure know how to hurt a fella

BojackHorsefella

I didn't say that for certain, I said I might have just not been paying attention to spor-oh, wait, 1982, yeah no I wasn't born, and even my brother had one more year before he was born too.

Crewe

thanks uh, for the clarification lol

rollntider

#5 1992 Buffalo Houson, was that really in 1992? Damn I am getting old.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCzRDq6JdR8

#4  Boise vs. Oklahoma 2007. has it really been 10 years?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWKULiNY-VE

#3 Bama vs. Penn State 1989 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bGgM6Qygq8

#2 1985 Bama vs Auburn
This one is talked about to this day when these 2 teams face off. Bama does not have many games like this vs. Auburn because when they win they usually beat them down. His son played for Bama under Saban and won a championship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2z8-i2YYQg

#1 how could not I not include this instant classic? A walk off TD to win the championship? Oh Yeah!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1_RzfIUVFs

BojackHorsefella

Also, no Flutie Boston College Hail Mary anyone?!