News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Cord cutting

Started by Crewe, March 18, 2018, 10:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

so how is everyone watching football? Are you getting the games you want?

Rigg44

Quote from: Crewe on October 08, 2020, 11:44:42 PM

So on the nfl fantasy football app I can watch Monday Thursday and the game of the week.  Not ideal but it gets me at least some football.

BojackHorsefella

Honestly, I couldn't tell you the last time I watched any sporting event, dating back to last year. I didn't even watch the Super Bowl. At some point I just sorta stopped caring. I may catch a couple minutes while I shave in the morning, but that's pretty much it.

Most people I know that don't have Redzone find pirated feeds on Reddit

Crewe

Ya know, ironically, I havent seen a single Monday or Thursday game, so we are fueling each others blind spots lol

I too had stopped caring and while Im watching again, it's not a necessity like it was years ago.
Plus, Im just not as emotionally invested anymore. Sure, Id love my teams to win and participate in exciting games, but Im just kinda meh now. With all the silly rules and refs not knowing what the other is doing its just sorta become, whatever, to me.

I have friends that do that too <cough>

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on October 09, 2020, 01:10:24 PM
Ya know, ironically, I havent seen a single Monday or Thursday game, so we are fueling each others blind spots lol

I too had stopped caring and while Im watching again, it's not a necessity like it was years ago.
Plus, Im just not as emotionally invested anymore. Sure, Id love my teams to win and participate in exciting games, but Im just kinda meh now. With all the silly rules and refs not knowing what the other is doing its just sorta become, whatever, to me.

I have friends that do that too <cough>

Yeah, I'm not sure what killed it for me. I honestly think part of it is being a Yankees fan, haha. I saw them win all those World Series back in the 90s, and let me tell you: it changed my life 0, haha. Same when the Bucs won the Super Bowl in 2002.

I have no animosity towards the players, they're incredibly talented and the main reason I pay any attention at all, but I think the business side of things killed it for me. I was tired of investing time and money into the Bucs or the Jets and essentially really just supporting the Johnsons and DeBartolos, and the rest sort of fell away with them.

TheNorm

Cable through the condo I'm staying at. Granted, it's Chicago so I'm getting whatever the affiliates decide is the regional game. Doesn't really bother me much since I don't want to watch the QuinnTricia Lions right now anyway, but I'm not paying whatever exorbitant fee the NFL wants for Sunday Ticket either.

Go figure, I'm finally in an office setting where I have Sundays off and I don't want to watch my home team.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

I have you tube tv it carries all of the SEC games for me. I will cancel when the season is over.

Crewe

I guess I paused my sub instead of cancelling because I was just tagged for $65  :o
At least I get SOME football, only two nfl games at a time, just like when I was a kid growing up with three channels  :(
That is unless I wanna shovel up ANOTHER 10-12 bucks for Red Zone.
I remember before I cut the cord, I was on direct tv and paid $77/month and had every channel I could want including Red Zone and a much better choice of games.
This is what I dont like, the cord cutting backlash.

Crewe

Anyone tired or hard of Sentra IPTV?